if i liked ff7 will i like ff13?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

so far in my life i only played 1 ff game, which is ff7 looong time ago in my ps1 days- i didn't finish it but i enjoyed it overall, eventhough i hated the random battles. is it similar to ff13? or more and better?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Don't know, the games are almost completely different from each other.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Its really not at all similar to FF7. The only FF i can think it is similar to is FF10, but i couldnt really comment to which is better as i am not very far into 13. 7 was pretty much my all time favorite though, so i cant imagine 13 is superior.....its still great though, so far.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

so far in my life i only played 1 ff game, which is ff7 looong time ago in my ps1 days- i didn't finish it but i enjoyed it overall, eventhough i hated the random battles. is it similar to ff13? or more and better?

djvj_y2k
it isn't similar to FF7 at all. you may like it better for all i know. but don't play it expecting another FF7.
adeathnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adeathnote
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

If you like linear gameplay and not a ton of free world to romp around in then you will probably like FF 13. If you prefer free roam then you will prob not enjoy this final fantasy. You dont have much choice of what you are doing until near the end.

Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

if you liked FF7, then you'll love L.O. FF13 is way, way different then FF7.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

FF7 is different from FF 13 so I hav idea if you would like it :P

Maybe rent the game and try it out first ;)

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

HELL NO! Where do you people come off? Just tell him this game is going to FLAT OUT SUCK! Dont leave it up to him to decide! Shame on you and your families. Listen, I'm a straight shooter...

katodog1986

Stopped reading right about there.

AccOfTheLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AccOfTheLost
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts
if you liked ff7 then you will probably hate ff13 :lol:
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

[QUOTE="katodog1986"]

HELL NO! Where do you people come off? Just tell him this game is going to FLAT OUT SUCK! Dont leave it up to him to decide! Shame on you and your families. Listen, I'm a straight shooter...

Stopped reading right about there.

LOLZ i did the same
katodog1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 katodog1986
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
And started sucking! LOL!
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

HELL NO! Where do you people come off? Just tell him this game is going to FLAT OUT SUCK! Dont leave it up to him to decide! Shame on you and your families. Listen, I'm a straight shooter, so let me put this one right between your eyes...the storyline behind FF13 is so gay that every time one of the main characters opens his/her mouth, I am forced to make a bolt for the volume control on my channel changer and cut it to a DEAD 0. Why you ask? Because of the downright fear of being labeled an absolute queerdo by my neighbors next door. For starters, how about a little teenage boy, hopping and bouncing about in his bright blue, skin tight pants, yellow button up vest, blue hair with pink highlights and a big old queer look to him that instantly makes you suspect that he most have been molested by Michael Jackson at a very young age, shouting and spitting out ridiculous catch phrases such as "Come on guys! (As his eyes sparkle??? Why do they sparkle??? Why???) Heroes never give up! They Never Surrender!" Or the totally awesome "I told you (as she pops a pedophile smile that would do John Gacy proud) Moms are Strong!" It really starts to hurt when she says it for the second time, LET ALONE THE THIRD AND THE FOURTH! I told You! Moms are Strong! (the strangely uncomfortable pedophile smile returns) I told you! Moms are Strong! (With a big weirdo grin stretching from ear to ear) I told you! Moms are strong! (As she shakes the hair out of her eyes and extends a helping hand to a fallen soldier) I told you! Moms are strong! (As you cringe in your seat and vomit inside of your mouth) Do you see what I mean??? I would rather F*$& Sarah Plain and Tall then sit around sacrificing my time, money and most importantly my DIGNITY playing this game, but hey, it's a free country and the choice is all yours, I mean I didn't listen to the negative reviews and can't you see how happy I am? By the way, there are a ton of folks on here with ratings and rep through the roof that say this game is the best FF game yet! I guess, if you are into that sort of thing…

katodog1986

SEEK HELP.

On another note, FF13 was MEDIOCRE at best...I cant even finish it. And FF7 was my all time fav.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Eachother! HAHAHA. Only a chubby old homo could enjoy corny lines like that! But I guess, if you are into that sort of thing...katodog1986
Are you ok?
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Might be a hit or miss for you honestly.
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

If you liked ff7, play ff8.

Vravage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Vravage
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

If you liked ff7, play ff8.

rsoxguy12

I agree, while I'm a massive fan of FFVII, VIII is a hugely underrated game, and might as well be JUST AS good as VII.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
7 is the only one in the series I have not played. FF13 is pretty bad though, bad characters, poor storytelling, and horrible combat
amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 amoremono1
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

Eachother! HAHAHA. Only a chubby old homo could enjoy corny lines like that! But I guess, if you are into that sort of thing...katodog1986

I have yet to play FFXIII (though its sitting next to my ps3 waiting for me), but in my experience with the whole of the FF series, corny lines like that have been a long time staple of the English localizations, and FFVII ;was no exception. Cloud and Barrett had some funny ones, especially. FFX was full of corny lines that any homophobic nutjob might say "only a chubby old homo could enjoy, and so was IX. Again, XIII might be more corny, but any self-respecting homophobe could probably find lines like that in ANY FF game.

Maybe you shouldnt worry so much about what your neighbors think of the lines of dialogue coming out of your TV...or are you worried they might catch on to something??

Avatar image for IrithAyllistira
IrithAyllistira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 IrithAyllistira
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

Well, Final Fantasy VII is perhaps my favorite game of all time.

I had really high expectations for Final Fantasy XIII and well, it left me a little bit disappointed. They totally cut your freedom out, and you just follow a path, where everything you have to do is slain the enemies, catch the little floating balls that are some variety of chests, save a lot, evolve, kill the boss at the end and watch ten minutes of cutscenes.

I like FFXIII because of the story, the characters and cutscenes in general, but I just can't compare its gameplay to the gameplay in FFVII.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

djvj_y2k

FFVII is probably the FF that XIII is least like. It's more akin to FFX in terms of scope and linearity. I don't think FFXIII is better than the classic that is FFVII, but I greatly enjoyed it all the same.

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

it wont matter at all, I liked FF VII and I really despise FF XIII

if you really wanna try then rent it or borrow from a friend

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Umm guys, this thread is 3 weeks old... OP isn't even reading this anymore. Your comments are going down the drain.