if dishonored was given a great score,why not time shift?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

both were innovative games why was timeshift given 6 on gamespot?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Why don't you try actually reading the reviews rather than just looking at the numerical scores which doesn't tell you much anyway?
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

I haven't played any of the games, but I can safley say that Dishonored was given a higher score because it was made by Bethesda, a game (that wan't made by Bethesda) can be loaded with bugs and get sh!t on by critics, but a game can be completley broken and unplayable and get 10/10's if it was made by Bethesda *cough*Skyrim*cough*.

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

I haven't played any of the games, but I can safley say that Dishonored was given a higher score because it was made by Bethesda, a game (that wan't made by Bethesda) can be loaded with bugs and get sh!t on by critics, but a game can be completley broken and unplayable and get 10/10's if it was made by Bethesda *cough*Skyrim*cough*.

RageQuitter69

Bethesda did not make the game, they published it. The game was developed by Arkane Studios :|

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Because they are different games.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

RageQuitter69

1. You said it yourself, you haven't played Dishonored, so how on earth do you know that it's bugged? It's not.

2. It's not made by Bethesda, it's only published by them. Try getting your info right.

3. Skyrim did not get 10/10.

As for TC, try reading/watching the reviews. Dishonored is fantastic, each mission in it is unique and the attention to details is simply great. It tries few new things, but it excutes them perfectly. The artstyle is amazing, the gameplay is stunningly good, the story is pretty great and the music is just mind-blowing. Comparing two games to each other just because they're both so called "innovative" is invalid. A game can try new techniques and be innovative, but if it can't get it right then it shouldn't have in the first place.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

finalserenade75

1. You said it yourself, you haven't played Dishonored, so how on earth do you know that it's bugged? It's not.

2. It's not made by Bethesda, it's only published by them. Try getting your info right.

As for TC, try reading/watching the reviews. Dishonored is fantastic, each mission in it is unique and the attention to details is simply great. It tries few new things, but it excutes them perfectly. The artstyle is amazing, the gameplay is stunningly good, the story is pretty great and the music is just mind-blowing. Comparing two games to each other just because they're both so called "innovative" is invalid. A game can try new techniques and be innovative, but if it can't get it right then it shouldn't have in the first place.

1. I was saying that Skyrim is bugged.
  2. Point taken.
  3. Angry Joe, Eurogamer and i'm sure that other critics gave it 10/10.
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaidev004

i beg to differ from everyone timeshift was a great game the mere ability to rewind fastforward and pause time at any given time was an amazing innovation by sabre interactive.....

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

SmokieX

Bethesda did not make the game, they published it. The game was developed by Arkane Studios :|

dont call *******s on their ****, that aint cool hes just overwhelmed, after a nap and a juicy juice, im sure he'll be on his game
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 i-rock-socks

i beg to differ from everyone timeshift was a great game the mere ability to rewind fastforward and pause time at any given time was an amazing innovation by sabre interactive.....

jaidev004

one neat feature doesnt make a game good.

timeshift's time control was "neat" at best, game as a whole was less than "blah"

if you like it, thats ur opinion and ur not wrong in liking it, u are wrong in saying its a "great" game; for instance, no one could deny michael jordan is a great baller, but people may not like em, where as no one could deny christopher reeve would be a horrible baller (although it may be more entertaining to watch), even tho people may like em if he stepped on the court.

i like em doesnt = great

to be fair i dont remember much of time shift, but i do remember not liking it, and i dont think superman will ever try an take up basketball, but the point stands... even if... nevermind

*only slightly trolling*

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

because the scores dont make sense , dishonored was imo better than MGS4 and GTA4 , so it shoud score 11 considering those scored 10

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

finalserenade75

I stumbled a bit when you said the story is pretty great. Look, I love the game and all, but let's be fair. The story is beyond predictable, and isn't all that interesting. The game was fun, and art was good (though the graphics were definitely a mixed bag), but the story was pretty forgettable.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Essian

[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

i-rock-socks

timeshift's time control was "neat" at best, game as a whole was less than "blah"

if you like it, thats ur opinion and ur not wrong in liking it, u are wrong in saying its a "great" game; for instance, no one could deny michael jordan is a great baller, but people may not like em, where as no one could deny christopher reeve would be a horrible baller (although it may be more entertaining to watch), even tho people may like em if he stepped on the court.

i like em doesnt = great

to be fair i dont remember much of time shift, but i do remember not liking it, and i dont think superman will ever try an take up basketball, but the point stands... even if... nevermind

*only slightly trolling*

the term great is subjective too, buddy. Saying something is "great" is an indicating that you believe it to be above average. For example, if I were to say "Max Payne 3 is great", I would be joking, but if I were to say that "Dishonored is great", what I really mean is that I enjoyed it for some reason. There isn't anything more factual about that term than there is about his opinion. Now, if he were to say "Everyone thought Timeshift was great", then he would be wrong because that is factually inaccurate. Learning is fun, huh?
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaidev004

i am a person who doesnt go by game reviews i feel that many people base their opinions on this and buy the game, if call of duty is always given 9/10 i feel timeshift should be 11/10

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Essian

i am a person who doesnt go by game reviews i feel that many people base their opinions on this and buy the game, if call of duty is always given 9/10 i feel timeshift should be 11/10

jaidev004
I'm starting to wonder if this is trolling... Not because I don't think Call of Duty is miraculous, just the way you are stating your arguments
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
[QUOTE="Essian"] I'm starting to wonder if this is trolling... Not because I don't think Call of Duty is miraculous, just the way you are stating your arguments

Sounds more like a fan boy than anything. The OP is comparing apples to oranges here.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

Essian

I stumbled a bit when you said the story is pretty great. Look, I love the game and all, but let's be fair. The story is beyond predictable, and isn't all that interesting. The game was fun, and art was good (though the graphics were definitely a mixed bag), but the story was pretty forgettable.

Really? That's interesting haha. I really liked the story to be honest, and it only hit me after I finished it and the credits rolled. While I was playing it felt not bad, but not great. After I finished it though, I look back at it and the story is just wow. I won't deny that it was predictable, but it left a sore feeling - kinda hard to describe. But yeah, this game is my favorite game for this year (maybe Hitman will change that in a month).

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Because they are different games.MethodManFTW
This thread should have ended right here.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Uh, because Dishonored is awesome and Timeshift is meh? I just rented Dishonored yesterday, played the first 4 chapters, and I cannot wait to get home tonight and put in a few hours. Killer game. Anyway, READ the reviews.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

They have nothing in common and Time Shift was ****ing terrible

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
This is probably the most ignorant post I've seen in a LONG time.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

Essian

i like em doesnt = great

*only slightly trolling*

the term great is subjective too, buddy. Saying something is "great" is an indicating that you believe it to be above average. For example, if I were to say "Max Payne 3 is great", I would be joking, but if I were to say that "Dishonored is great", what I really mean is that I enjoyed it for some reason. There isn't anything more factual about that term than there is about his opinion. Now, if he were to say "Everyone thought Timeshift was great", then he would be wrong because that is factually inaccurate. Learning is fun, huh?

what u really mean? well someone needs to learn how to saw what they mean... let me try ur way tho.

"your stupid" but what i really mean is i respect you and your point is valid.

and the only reason saying anything is "great" is unsually subjective is because people like you are too stupid to be objective. what i mean by liking something doesnt = great is just that.

timeshift was a poorly constructed game, dishonored was a very well constructed game; i dont really like either but i can say that timeshift wasnt great, where as dishonored is, technically.

great usually means "of high quality, or first rate" not "i like it"

but i guess ur monkey-based interpretations could be considered valid too, in some ways. but i dont like the world u live in where nothing is "great" unless the monkeys feel it is and where no one is objective, because no one mentally can be.

being called on ur idiocy is fun, huh? great middleschool arguement tho, i bet ud get an A if this was one.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I always thought Time Shift was a good game. I did only play the PC version.

Zmaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zmaster9
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Because Dishonored was actually good.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#25 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I liked Timeshift, but come on man, that's a dumb question. You clearly haven't read the reviews, and the only similarity is the opportunity to slow and stop the flow of time, that's it.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Essian"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

i like em doesnt = great

*only slightly trolling*

i-rock-socks

what u really mean? well someone needs to learn how to saw what they mean... let me try ur way tho.

and the only reason saying anything is "great" is unsually subjective is because people like you are too stupid to be objective. what i mean by liking something doesnt = great is just that.

timeshift was a poorly constructed game, dishonored was a very well constructed game; i dont really like either but i can say that timeshift wasnt great, where as dishonored is, technically.

but i guess ur monkey-based interpretations could be considered valid too, in some ways. but i dont like the world u live in where nothing is "great" unless the monkeys feel it is and where no one is objective, because no one mentally can be.

being called on ur idiocy is fun, huh? great middleschool arguement tho, i bet ud get an A if this was one.

An opinion is an opinion, if I say a game is amazing, it's because "I" (key letter) think it's amazing, and if I think a game is horrible, it means "I" (again, key letter, getting the hang of this now?) think it's horrible. You can't say what someone isn't allowed to say based on your own opinion of a game, meaning anyone can use any adjective they wish and cannot be wrong because it's an opinion. On a side note, a lot of your grammar is not "great", and that's a fact.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

[QUOTE="Essian"] the term great is subjective too, buddy. Saying something is "great" is an indicating that you believe it to be above average. For example, if I were to say "Max Payne 3 is great", I would be joking, but if I were to say that "Dishonored is great", what I really mean is that I enjoyed it for some reason. There isn't anything more factual about that term than there is about his opinion. Now, if he were to say "Everyone thought Timeshift was great", then he would be wrong because that is factually inaccurate. Learning is fun, huh?Venom_Raptor

An opinion is an opinion, if I say a game is amazing, it's because "I" (key letter) think it's amazing, and if I think a game is horrible, it means "I" (again, key letter, getting the hang of this now?) think it's horrible. You can't say what someone isn't allowed to say based on your own opinion of a game, meaning anyone can use any adjective they wish and cannot be wrong because it's an opinion. On a side note, a lot of your grammar is not "great", and that's a fact.

my grammars fine, this is a forum not an term paper, and thats a fact opinions are one thing, but "I" was never said. "I" think its great, is different than "its great" plus, ur misinterpretation of opinion and how any mention of greatness (or lack there of) is an opinion, is ignorant and short sided. if you dont like something, that doesnt change if its great or not. while you can say "its great" all day, if it truly is great, it doesnt matter what ur opinion is. just because ur too narrowminded to comprehend that quality can be science and not just opinion, doesnt mean every mention of good or bad has to be an opinion. but you hide behind the blanket "opinion" like every other ignorant douche bag (my opinion). i get it, its hard to prove somethings quality relative to everything else, saying its all opinion is still just lazy doucheness , plus i have other arguments, but even if you agreed with me youd never admit it so whats the point. im not wrong, its an opinion. oh and any objective huh? ok i think youre pink, smelly, and amorphous, but thats just my opinion.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

i-rock-socks

my grammars fine, this is a forum not an term paper, and thats a fact opinions are one thing, but "I" was never said. "I" think its great, is different than "its great" plus, ur misinterpretation of opinion and how any mention of greatness (or lack there of) is an opinion, is ignorant and short sided. if you dont like something, that doesnt change if its great or not. while you can say "its great" all day, if it truly is great, it doesnt matter what ur opinion is. just because ur too narrowminded to comprehend that quality can be science and not just opinion, doesnt mean every mention of good or bad has to be an opinion. but you hide behind the blanket "opinion" like every other ignorant douche bag (my opinion). i get it, its hard to prove somethings quality relative to everything else, saying its all opinion is still just lazy doucheness , plus i have other arguments, but even if you agreed with me youd never admit it so whats the point. im not wrong, its an opinion. oh and any objective huh? ok i think youre pink, smelly, and amorphous, but thats just my opinion.

:lol: Great comeback--a month later. Well we can see you certainly spent all that time crafting your witty retort and honing it to precision.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

i-rock-socks

You lost me at "my grammars fine".

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

You lost me at "my grammars fine".

Venom_Raptor

Amen to THAT. What a 'shed.