This topic is locked from further discussion.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
i think if u purchase a game, it should come with some sort of code that u can use at least once to install the game on the HD so u dont need the disc.....im sick of disc swapping.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
:roll: well considering any given game could easily be 25 GB.. that wouldn't be very practical...
danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 danimal233
Member since 2008 • 547 Posts
:roll: well considering any given game could easily be 25 GB.. that wouldn't be very practical...americahellyeah
not to mention you could give the disc to a friend, therefore they would be losing sales..
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]:roll: well considering any given game could easily be 25 GB.. that wouldn't be very practical...danimal233
not to mention you could give the disc to a friend, therefore they would be losing sales..

yeah.. but thats the code thing he was talking aboot, so you could only install it once.. but you know that someone would create a hack and then people all over would just be renting games from blockbuster or wherever and installing them..
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Lazy much... Unless your disk swapping every minute or so i dont see the point. This Gen is SO lazy
touchyourtoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 touchyourtoes
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts
The only thing I'd like to see is the games that are HDD installed (PSN downloads) have no load times between levels like a PC game.
Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts
Heres an idea for Sony: Price drop.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
i think if u purchase a game, it should come with some sort of code that u can use at least once to install the game on the HD so u dont need the disc.....im sick of disc swapping.WutTimeIsIt
that would never happen.... EVER
Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
If you had a code that you could only put in once what would you do when you wanted to trade said game in? The next person wouldn't be able to download it. It could be one of your lazy bretheren. They would be jipped. Then they would post a thread on here about getting a code to get a code to put in the code to download and play the game. By the time they expended that much energy they could have swapped out 15 games by then. So sorry, in the end this was a poorly thought out idea. Happens to the best of us.
Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
Stop being lazy Dang!! If you were working in a construction site as a builder what will you do?
danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danimal233
Member since 2008 • 547 Posts
i enjoy putting new discs in! it like when i used to put CDs in my cd player, now technology ruined it!
BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

hey i have an idea as well! maybe instead of giving you an optional install sony could hand out speed so that people who are lazy are ever so slightly less lazy so that they can change the disk for themselves. (don't really need to put /sarcasm right?)

obviously i'm being sarcastic and drugs use is never encouraged. and sorry, swapping 1 bad idea for another is never clever.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WutTimeIsIt
easy solutions to the problems listed above.... 1. the code could reset every few months so that people who buy traded in games need not worry. 2. there is only 1 code per game, so codes cannot be hacked (codes only get hacked when they can be used multiple times) also, for the hard drive space being taken away, it wouldnt be a Mandatory install.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="danimal233"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"]:roll: well considering any given game could easily be 25 GB.. that wouldn't be very practical...americahellyeah

yeah.. but thats the code thing he was talking aboot, so you could only install it once.. but you know that someone would create a hack and then people all over would just be renting games from blockbuster or wherever and installing them..

Did you type "aboot" on purpose? :lol: I laughed either way.. Yeah this is the most ridiculous "idea for sony" I have heard yet... This level of laziness is impressive however :P
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]easy solutions to the problems listed above.... 1. the code could reset every few months so that people who buy traded in games need not worry. 2. there is only 1 code per game, so codes cannot be hacked (codes only get hacked when they can be used multiple times) also, for the hard drive space being taken away, it wouldn't be a Mandatory install.

Wouldn't be a mandatory install? How? So redownload every time you want to play a game? I can only imagine how long it would take to download an entire game.. Instead of switching the disc?.. Have you thought this idea out at all? :lol:
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]easy solutions to the problems listed above.... 1. the code could reset every few months so that people who buy traded in games need not worry. 2. there is only 1 code per game, so codes cannot be hacked (codes only get hacked when they can be used multiple times) also, for the hard drive space being taken away, it wouldn't be a Mandatory install.

Wouldn't be a mandatory install? How? So redownload every time you want to play a game? I can only imagine how long it would take to download an entire game.. Instead of switching the disc?.. Have you thought this idea out at all? :lol:

who said anything about downloading the game?
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="danimal233"] not to mention you could give the disc to a friend, therefore they would be losing sales..

Did you type "aboot" on purpose? :lol: I laughed either way.. Yeah this is the most ridiculous "idea for sony" I have heard yet... This level of laziness is impressive however :P

yes... always type aboot... because i'm canadian ;)
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"] yeah.. but thats the code thing he was talking aboot, so you could only install it once.. but you know that someone would create a hack and then people all over would just be renting games from blockbuster or wherever and installing them..americahellyeah

yes... always type aboot... because i'm canadian ;)

I knew you're canadian, but good work. This is aboot dignity its aboot respect! :lol:
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]easy solutions to the problems listed above.... 1. the code could reset every few months so that people who buy traded in games need not worry. 2. there is only 1 code per game, so codes cannot be hacked (codes only get hacked when they can be used multiple times) also, for the hard drive space being taken away, it wouldn't be a Mandatory install.

who said anything about downloading the game?

I thought that was the implication of not worrying about disc space, you could only have a few games depending on the size of the games. But either way this idea isn't very feasible upon the grounds of not wanting to change discs. It would be too difficult to prevent piracy and sharing of games therefore drastically reducing revenue. Its bad for business.
Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
here's a suggestion to Sony..starting collecting fees from PSN users like MS..use the money to improve the PSN and also DLC..what 3601 have is a must for us to have..tht's my opinion though
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WutTimeIsIt
here's a suggestion to Sony..starting collecting fees from PSN users like MS..use the money to improve the PSN and also DLC..what 3601 have is a must for us to have..tht's my opinion thoughGarudo
lmao, worst idea Ever.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
[QUOTE="Garudo"]here's a suggestion to Sony..starting collecting fees from PSN users like MS..use the money to improve the PSN and also DLC..what 3601 have is a must for us to have..tht's my opinion thoughWutTimeIsIt
lmao, worst idea Ever.

No, you are wrong. I actually like the idea. I own both a PS3 and a 360 and I can unbiasedly say that Live is years ahead of PSN in almost every way. If charging a small fee for PSN like MS does will make PSN a better system, then I am all for it. I want to see the PS3 succeed.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="Garudo"]here's a suggestion to Sony..starting collecting fees from PSN users like MS..use the money to improve the PSN and also DLC..what 3601 have is a must for us to have..tht's my opinion though_Pinbot_
lmao, worst idea Ever.

No, you are wrong. I actually like the idea. I own both a PS3 and a 360 and I can unbiasedly say that Live is years ahead of PSN in almost every way. If charging a small fee for PSN like MS does will make PSN a better system, then I am all for it. I want to see the PS3 succeed.

thats why i recognize you both from System Wars.....look, just cuz u dont like paying for online, plz dont desire for us to too. Edit: here is a quote from pinbot on system wars just to back what im saying: "No, you are wrong. The PS3 has been one of the biggest dissapointments in gaming history, especially after the amazing system that was the PS2. It seems Sony has lost the touch. I would rather have 2 or 3 amazing games every year instead of 1 every 5 years." you can find it here http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26779379&page=4&tag=topics;page;5
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#24 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
I would like to have optional installs for any game and also free trials for every PSN game.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Pinbot_

[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] lmao, worst idea Ever.WutTimeIsIt

thats why i recognize you both from System Wars.....look, just cuz u dont like paying for online, plz dont desire for us to too.

No, you are wrong again. I don't like having to pay for online service (if that is what you were trying to say thorugh your terrible spelling and grammar), but doing it offers us something better than what we are getting with PSN right now, then I am all for it.

_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _Pinbot_
[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] thats why i recognize you both from System Wars.....look, just cuz u dont like paying for online, plz dont desire for us to too.WutTimeIsIt

No, you are wrong again. I don't like having to pay for online service (if that is what you were trying to say thorugh your terrible spelling and grammar), but doing it offers us something better than what we are getting with PSN right now, then I am all for it.

k stop trolling seriously, i just put ur latest quote up there ^^^^^ in my last post

No, you are wrong for a third time. That quote was made in System Wars, and you know what they say, "What happens in System Wars, stays in System Wars."

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]

_Pinbot_

k stop trolling seriously, i just put ur latest quote up there ^^^^^ in my last post

No, you are wrong for a third time. That quote was made in System Wars, and you know what they say, "What happens in System Wars, stays in System Wars."

but it shows you are biased, yet your first reply in this thread included the words "i can unbiasedly say". your not foolin anyone bud.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

[QUOTE="danimal233"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"]:roll: well considering any given game could easily be 25 GB.. that wouldn't be very practical...americahellyeah

AND.. we already can get some games over PSN (that are practical in size to store on your hdd), so making the whole "buy the disk so that you can extract data from it onto you hdd through a 1 time code" redundant. and also a waste of time, space and money, naturally. and that doesn't include the pirating/stealing/etc. the guys i quoted are talking about. Mr. hellyeah, America and Sir 233, danimal, if you will :P

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WutTimeIsIt

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="danimal233"] not to mention you could give the disc to a friend, therefore they would be losing sales..Rakuho

AND.. we already can get some games over PSN (that are practical in size to store on your hdd), so making the whole "buy the disk so that you can extract data from it onto you hdd through a 1 time code" redundant. and also a waste of time, space and money, naturally. and that doesn't include the pirating/stealing/etc. the guys i quoted are talking about. Mr. hellyeah, America and Sir 233, danimal, if you will :P

ye but some people who pay 60 dollars for games like to have hard copies (like myself)
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
I'd rather have to swap discs than blow into the old cartridges that they used to use every time the game refused to work lol
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rakuho
[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"] yeah.. but thats the code thing he was talking aboot, so you could only install it once.. but you know that someone would create a hack and then people all over would just be renting games from blockbuster or wherever and installing them..WutTimeIsIt

ye but some people who pay 60 dollars for games like to have hard copies (like myself)

I understand that,

Let me get back to your idea: don't you see the kind of problems that could arise from that? the idea itself works, in fact i like it. (even if that would mean buying a load of hdd space) but it would only function in a perfect, honest and crimeless world.

look at what's happneing to PSP games. people have homebrew programs which allow them to play PSP games in cso and iso formats without the umds (granted, sony is doing the same thing by selling psp games over psn, but i think that's more of an effect to the pirating). If PS3 games could be extracted easier thanks to code extraction function, hackers would easily be able to go around it and upload full games on the internet, which, through some other homebrew program, you'll be able to play on your ps3. i don't think that's so farfetched, do you? I only care that the gaming industry continues to earn profits, giving them the incentive to earn more by producing games. I understand things aren't so black and white, but i would still rather break my back changing disks than granting such technology to the public. the discovery of nuclear energy was great too, before people started using it blow **** up. call me conservative, if you will. Maybe we'll talk when the PS4 (did he just say PS4.., yeah, he did) comes out as of how the whole game format and transferability will go.

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts
sony would then go bankrupt unless you are selfish of sharing your games with friends
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rakuho

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="Garudo"]here's a suggestion to Sony..starting collecting fees from PSN users like MS..use the money to improve the PSN and also DLC..what 3601 have is a must for us to have..tht's my opinion though_Pinbot_
lmao, worst idea Ever.

how do you know they're effieciently using the money they collect from live fees. Do you honestly think that the functions that they have on live are worth the money you spend on it? There's actually an answer to this question: NO, it's not worth the money. BUT, because MS patented a lot of ****, they own monopoly rights, that means they can charge you right through your a$$ (well, they can't really do that becasue there exists a reasonable price, and anything above that starts shifting the demand). and why do they get you to pay for their service? because live has attractive features other game internet services do not. and if there's anything to learn in economics, people would pay a premium for uniqueness/exclusivity (if it's intrinsically worth it to them).

how often can you say you just ate free lunch, economically speaking? I'm not comparing anything, i'm just saying the services provided DO NOT warrant a price tag, but people sometimes think it does.To update live/psn all that happens is that a team of programmers fixe/add some new function(s) (which is usually not to difficult) and with a click of a button, every PS3/360 owner can update to the new firmware. Where are the costs, other than the ones of paying the programmers for their time? now unless these guys demand such compensation, i'd say there's a surplus laying around. there has to be, where's the proof? PSN is free.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
This is just asking for piracy
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rakuho
u truly are the last guy :P (u have to post again though)
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

u truly are the last guy :P (u have to post again though)Rakuho

Yeah, I was hoping somebody would notice my little posting spree:P

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Rakuho

I understand that,

Let me get back to your idea: don't you see the kind of problems that could arise from that? the idea itself works, in fact i like it. (even if that would mean buying a load of hdd space) but it would only function in a perfect, honest and crimeless world.

look at what's happneing to PSP games. people have homebrew programs which allow them to play PSP games in cso and iso formats without the umds (granted, sony is doing the same thing by selling psp games over psn, but i think that's more of an effect to the pirating). If PS3 games could be extracted easier thanks to code extraction function, hackers would easily be able to go around it and upload full games on the internet, which, through some other homebrew program, you'll be able to play on your ps3. i don't think that's so farfetched, do you? I only care that the gaming industry continues to earn profits, giving them the incentive to earn more by producing games. I understand things aren't so black and white, but i would still rather break my back changing disks than granting such technology to the public. the discovery of nuclear energy was great too, before people started using it blow **** up. call me conservative, if you will. Maybe we'll talk when the PS4 (did he just say PS4.., yeah, he did) comes out as of how the whole game format and transferability will go.

very good points, i was thinking there was ways around piracy, but i didnt realize that if sony produced a technology to easily copy their games onto a hard drive (even with a code that lets them do it once), hackers could reverse engineer this technology to figure it out and use it for pirating....then again, that is why i was saying that they could make a 1-time-use code (that resets itself with a proof of purchase or something), and that way games can only be installed once on a system. this can be done using the online functions so that a sony-specific site could authorize the use of these codes or something along those lines....i dunno maybe it is a stupid idea but it just bugs me when i want to play maybe only 20 mins of a game online, while im in the middle of a campaign on another game, and due to disc swapping, screen loading process, and then doing it again to get back to my campaign, i just skip those 20 mins...in the cartridge days this wasnt a big issue cuz it was *flip switch, insert cartridge, flip switch and 2 secs later ur in the middle of a game eating your first shroom to become supersized*..oh well