I want SOCOM news!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
Seriously... how can they NOT have something planned for this game? I guess it would be what... Socom 5?? It would be SICK for the PS3...totally SICK, especially if they made it like Socom II.
hajrudin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hajrudin1984
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
me 2 :(
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
Seriously... how can they NOT have something planned for this game? I guess it would be what... Socom 5?? It would be SICK for the PS3...totally SICK, especially if they made it like Socom II. The_G00se
Yeah as good as it would be I imagine they want to take there time...they have atleast 5 years of games to release...if they started releasing all these titles we wanted there would be nothing to buy after the first 2 years of having the console....
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_G00se
[QUOTE="The_G00se"]Seriously... how can they NOT have something planned for this game? I guess it would be what... Socom 5?? It would be SICK for the PS3...totally SICK, especially if they made it like Socom II. jwat4
Yeah as good as it would be I imagine they want to take there time...they have atleast 5 years of games to release...if they started releasing all these titles we wanted there would be nothing to buy after the first 2 years of having the console....

Guess we'll see. Still, I can't see why they wouldn't at least announce something.
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_G00se
Just read that Sony bought Zipper. Guess I'm a little behind on my news. Anyway, wonder that means for Socom? I'd imagine that would be a BIG release for them.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
yeah I cant wait for a new socom! ive been taking a break from CA until I can find another person wo owns a ps3 with the memory card adapter (darn 15 price tag). common zipper/sony at least GIVE US SOME NEWS!!!:cry:
Heavenly_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Heavenly_King
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts
Maybe they don´t say anything about the game, because they will release some new info of KILLZONE 3 (they are kind of similar because they are shooters). MAYBE they want that the hype doesn´t divide between 2 games and get concentrated on 1.  More Hype more people will look for it, and considering the money Sony is spending on Killzone 3 they most likely want to sell a lot of copies.  I read a RUMOUR that Sony will release a demo of killzone soon so, maybe thats the case.

I think the case is the similar with God of War III.  David Jaffe is saying that the game is not being developed; and he is saying that because Sony wants a lot of people to buy HEAVENLY SWORD.  They want to create TOP selling franchises not sleeper hits.  Heavenly Sword is looking awesome, but if Sony tells you that GOW3 is coming, a lot of you will buy GOW3, because you know it is a AAA franchise worth your 60 bucks.

KILLZONE on the PS2 was good, but they want the PS3 sequel to kick Halo in the butt. They need to draw all the attention to this games.  I bet after a month Killzone is release Socom 3 will be out.

That´s what I think 8)
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
Maybe they don´t say anything about the game, because they will release some new info of KILLZONE 3 (they are kind of similar because they are shooters). MAYBE they want that the hype doesn´t divide between 2 games and get concentrated on 1.  More Hype more people will look for it, and considering the money Sony is spending on Killzone 3 they most likely want to sell a lot of copies.  I read a RUMOUR that Sony will release a demo of killzone soon so, maybe thats the case.

I think the case is the similar with God of War III.  David Jaffe is saying that the game is not being developed; and he is saying that because Sony wants a lot of people to buy HEAVENLY SWORD.  They want to create TOP selling franchises not sleeper hits.  Heavenly Sword is looking awesome, but if Sony tells you that GOW3 is coming, a lot of you will buy GOW3, because you know it is a AAA franchise worth your 60 bucks.

KILLZONE on the PS2 was good, but they want the PS3 sequel to kick Halo in the butt. They need to draw all the attention to this games.  I bet after a month Killzone is release Socom 3 will be out.

That´s what I think 8)
Heavenly_King
i see where you are coming from, its a good theory. but it wont be out a month later. maybe info on it will be out a month later, but not the game.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
Seriously... how can they NOT have something planned for this game? I guess it would be what... Socom 5?? It would be SICK for the PS3...totally SICK, especially if they made it like Socom II. The_G00se
LolI have to say I was about to come in here and yell so friggen hard, but since you said they should make it like Socom II, then your completly right, and its going to be Socom 4. I think we can all agree, Socom 3 and Combined Assault, SUCK!
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whitey6
[QUOTE="Heavenly_King"]Maybe they don´t say anything about the game, because they will release some new info of KILLZONE 3 (they are kind of similar because they are shooters). MAYBE they want that the hype doesn´t divide between 2 games and get concentrated on 1. More Hype more people will look for it, and considering the money Sony is spending on Killzone 3 they most likely want to sell a lot of copies. I read a RUMOUR that Sony will release a demo of killzone soon so, maybe thats the case.

I think the case is the similar with God of War III. David Jaffe is saying that the game is not being developed; and he is saying that because Sony wants a lot of people to buy HEAVENLY SWORD. They want to create TOP selling franchises not sleeper hits. Heavenly Sword is looking awesome, but if Sony tells you that GOW3 is coming, a lot of you will buy GOW3, because you know it is a AAA franchise worth your 60 bucks.

KILLZONE on the PS2 was good, but they want the PS3 sequel to kick Halo in the butt. They need to draw all the attention to this games. I bet after a month Killzone is release Socom 3 will be out.

That´s what I think 8)
six_shot
i see where you are coming from, its a good theory. but it wont be out a month later. maybe info on it will be out a month later, but not the game.

Hes wrong seen how as its going to be Socom 4 not 3, 3 is already out, and its Killzone 2 not 3. God of War 3 isnt in development because God of War 2 isnt done yet. Man, where did you get your info?
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
Knowing the game it would came out late in the year like they all did, news probably next conference or summer, hopefully they change it from socom 3 becuase they game sucked
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
bah socom 4 is in dev... dont worry about it.. do u think they are gonna outshine killzone 2 right now?
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
i never played socom on a ps2. ive played socom ftb for psp and that ROCKED online. what are the differences? if any.
abeg76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 abeg76
Member since 2006 • 302 Posts
Its a matter of time I hope. For now Ill probably pick up Ghost Reacon:2. I hope it fills that void in the mean time.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Knowing Zipper and Sonys record with Socom, we will probably see a new Socom for PS2 just to throw another huge mistake in their records.  For one of the biggest and most original online game that drew in thousands of loyal fans playing each day, they really need to step it up big time and  overcome their many recent mistakes.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whitey6
Knowing Zipper and Sonys record with Socom, we will probably see a new Socom for PS2 just to throw another huge mistake in their records. For one of the biggest and most original online game that drew in thousands of loyal fans playing each day, they really need to step it up big time and overcome their many recent mistakes.
TJSAGE
I agree.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whitey6
Also as someone just mentioned in the Killzone thread, I want to see environmental damage and body parts being blown off, if you get shot in the leg, you should be a gimp, not just keep running.
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
Socom for the ps3 is slated to come into test after lair has been released so were looking at sometime early 2008 for a release.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
I hope they take a break from the series and make something new first. They have been pumping those out way too fast.

RJ2000_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RJ2000_24
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts
They need to just release a revamped Socom 1 and I would be happy. Hell revamp Golden Eye from the N64 =P.
sLim901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sLim901
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
why do people like socom?...all u do is just find a spot and camp...
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dsmusician
why do people like socom?...all u do is just find a spot and camp...sLim901
only if you have no skill :-)
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

I wouldnt hold my breath for socom ps3

i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt hear anything this year or maybe even next

dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dsmusician
i know this for a fact that the ps3 version of socom will be hitting the testing dept after Lair ships. so expect some type of announcment after that.
Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts

I wouldnt hold my breath for socom ps3

i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt hear anything this year or maybe even next

Absynthetic

What are you taking about?? Socom is cominh out my guess os winter 2008, info maybe at TGS

bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
why do people like socom?...all u do is just find a spot and camp...sLim901
All u do is find a spot and camp, the rest of us run and gun. For real though, I'm sure we all agree that Socom:CA was co-developed by terrorists and the devil but what was so bad aboot 3? It was one of the PS2's crowning acheivments IMO. Widescreen, 480p, 32 players and ran as smooth as silk. I'm getting pretty sick of GEoW and to this day am trying to fill the void of Socom3 and GRAW doesn't cut it. Oh ya, what's with people not bleeding in Combined Assault, they were "sweating" like in Mortal Kombat for SNES. Socom:CA aside, I'd much rather this series than Killzone.
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dsmusician
[QUOTE="sLim901"]why do people like socom?...all u do is just find a spot and camp...bubnux
All u do is find a spot and camp, the rest of us run and gun.

like i said.. campers have no skill :-)
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts

I think Socom next gen will be a hell of a system seller. I know that my two brothers and cousin who play socom all the time are waiting for socom 4 to come out before making the jump off to PS3, and I think a lot of others are like that too. I actually think Socom CA is much better than Socom 3, hell, it's got the Socom 3 maps on there, plus online co-op which rocks. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but Socom CA is hot.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i want the game to be like socom 2 with 4 player online coop. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING> None of this socom 3 and ca stuff. I HATED THOSE GAMES. Socom2 one of best games ever though.
Avatar image for Gordon_Slaveman
Gordon_Slaveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gordon_Slaveman
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
Socom 2, you mean Socom 1. The best Socom ever.
Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
^^^ Like he said.  They need to make it like 1 except with online coop and no cheaters, all the other Socoms are garbage.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

i want the game to be like socom 2 with 4 player online coop. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING> None of this socom 3 and ca stuff. I HATED THOSE GAMES. Socom2 one of best games ever though.Imallvol7

I have to agree with you. I'm a big time Socom player and I think that Socom 2 is the best overall. I'm still waiting for my copy of CA, so i'll know by then. I won't get my PS3 until they release Socom on here.

FreddieGermany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FreddieGermany
Member since 2005 • 562 Posts
socom ps3 has been announced yet but its on the way 
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_G00se
Socom for the ps3 is slated to come into test after lair has been released so were looking at sometime early 2008 for a release. dsmusician
And this comes from?
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_G00se

I think Socom next gen will be a hell of a system seller. I know that my two brothers and cousin who play socom all the time are waiting for socom 4 to come out before making the jump off to PS3, and I think a lot of others are like that too. I actually think Socom CA is much better than Socom 3, hell, it's got the Socom 3 maps on there, plus online co-op which rocks. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but Socom CA is hot.

swordfish_64
After talking about this yesterday I played some Fish Hook last night. God I love that game and map! HAHA
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
Socom 2 was definately a classic. I hope they fit all of the previous online maps on the blu ray disc. I still think Combined assault is great though. To me it's like socom 2 with better graphics, definately a lot smoother than socom 3
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Just read that Sony bought Zipper. Guess I'm a little behind on my news. Anyway, wonder that means for Socom? I'd imagine that would be a BIG release for them.The_G00se

Hopefully it would mean that Socom wouldn't be programmed by retarded monkeys and get a DECENT GAME.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

turn out to be a flop. I am Dr frankenstein

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

turn out to be a flop. I am Dr frankenstein

Papadrach
HAHAHAHA this threads brings back memories but DONT BUMP OLD THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!
SILVER_X_AMMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SILVER_X_AMMO
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

me too broooo