I Wanna Customise my PS3 with some Markers & Whiteout(Liquid Paper)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wishbone345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wishbone345
Member since 2006 • 242 Posts
I was thinking of doodling on my PS3 and making my own custom skin... except with Markers or other writing tools instead of glossy stickers... So my question is, What kind of writing paraphanelia can i use to doodle on my PS3 and make an awesome skin/design
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
That just might be the worst idea I've read all day. If you do go through with it, stay the hell away from white out. That screams 6th grade, which I'm pretty sure is not what you're going for.
wishbone345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wishbone345
Dude, Whiteout was my last resort. If worst comes to worst then i'll use whiteout but i was really hoping for a special kind of marker or something i could use that comes in different colors.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
I was thinking of doodling on my PS3 and making my own custom skin... except with Markers or other writing tools instead of glossy stickers... So my question is, What kind of writing paraphanelia can i use to doodle on my PS3 and make an awesome skin/designwishbone345
Why dont you get some... im not sure what to call it but... a giant sticker basically one color... then get an exacto knife cut out a sweet design and paste it on the ps3
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
why would you do something so terrible to something so beautiful?
wishbone345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wishbone345
I am getting sick of the piano black. I need to beautify it.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sportwarrior
Whiteout is not gonna beautify it, man. Trust me. You're going to regret it. It shouldn't even be on your list of options. Honestly you should think about doing your own custom design on a blank decal or something... Something that's removable in case you chance your mind down the line. And please... PLEASE... don't use white out.
wishbone345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wishbone345

Whiteout is not gonna beautify it, man. Trust me. You're going to regret it. It shouldn't even be on your list of options. Honestly you should think about doing your own custom design on a blank decal or something... Something that's removable in case you chance your mind down the line. And please... PLEASE... don't use white out.sportwarrior

Where would i get a blank decal though? Like if i walk into any kind of office supply store or maybe a teacher supply store will i find it?

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Bad... BAD idea.

Is there something wrong with the skins you can get in the store and online?

White out just sounds ****ing horrible, and I cant think of any markers you could use on a black surface... maybe some sort of florescent paint or something... *ack* that still sounds horrible.

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sportwarrior
I'd start with a craft store like Michaels or something. It might also be worth poking around online. I'm sure there's something out there for making custom skins.
wishbone345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wishbone345
Yeah, We established that whiteout=gross. SO what i am thinking of doing now is buying some blank stickers and cutting them to proportion and then drawing on them and putting them on the PS3 that way if i don't like my design i can just take it off the ps3.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
horrible idea.. one of the worst i've ever read on this board...
Proto-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Proto-K
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

Regardless of voiding the warranty, they should ps3 shells, but they don't only for the top part. 360 and Wii has shells why doesn't the ps3 have it. No fair.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Regardless of voiding the warranty, they should ps3 shells, but they don't only for the top part. 360 and Wii has shells why doesn't the ps3 have it. No fair.

Proto-K

because the PS3 is the only console that looks damn fine enough to not need stupid add ons...

if you want stupid add ons though... Link

johnmetcalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 johnmetcalf
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts
You can get blank decals from an auto body shop and get the decal from them you could probably take a design to them and they might be able to cut it out for you.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I was thinking of doodling on my PS3 and making my own custom skin... except with Markers or other writing tools instead of glossy stickers... So my question is, What kind of writing paraphanelia can i use to doodle on my PS3 and make an awesome skin/designwishbone345
That's like Angelina Jolie doing a face lift switch with Rosie O'Donnel.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
I wouldnt hehe, but i would suggest Dykem markers, they write on everyting. I dont know if you can find them at your local stationary shop though, i work on jet engines so i get them for free.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

An airbrush? You should know how to use one if your willing to draw on you ps3.

All I know is my 60gig is one of the nicest componants in my entertainment center. And that says a lot cause everything else in there is pretty nice.

Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
Just cut of peice of paper the same size as your ps3, then decorate it and tape it on your ps3
Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
I wouldnt hehe, but i would suggest Dykem markers, they write on everyting. I dont know if you can find them at your local stationary shop though, i work on jet engines so i get them for free.nitsud_19
What lol? you work on jet engines so you get free markers?!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
Here's a better idea: Take the whiteout and sniff it until you pass out. Once you wake up you'll have forgotten a lot of things, including ruining your PS3 with needless artwork, and you go about your life as your PS3 is spared.
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Here's a better idea: Take the whiteout and sniff it until you pass out. Once you wake up you'll have forgotten a lot of things, including ruining your PS3 with needless artwork, and you go about your life as your PS3 is spared. yokofox33
Ahahaha :D sounds like a plan
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
Maybe a honda civic F-1 ghetto circuit oversized shopping cart spoiler tacked on the back of that puppy would fit the bill as well.
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
If you're hell bent on the idea, what you see on mailboxes & bus benches in any major city are written by graff artists using what's known as a paint pen. Try a art supply store you can get them in a variety of coulors & it'll look a heck of a lot better than whiteout. I only hope my advice doesn't come too late, you haven't done it already have you? I hope the outcome is a work of art & not some juvenile doodling. Be sure to post pics when you're done so that we can compliment/ridicule you.
Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
Sharpie makes a ton of colors including white, gold, and silver paint pens. Outside of that they make paint pens of all colors. Go wild man people who are not artisticly inclined don't understand the need to make something cool.
Avatar image for LEATHERFACE1550
LEATHERFACE1550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LEATHERFACE1550
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
R.I.P To your ps3.......Thats super stupid
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="wishbone345"]I was thinking of doodling on my PS3 and making my own custom skin... except with Markers or other writing tools instead of glossy stickers... So my question is, What kind of writing paraphanelia can i use to doodle on my PS3 and make an awesome skin/designMusashiSensi

HAHA! I'd hit it. Twice.

Anyway, TC, use paint markers, Krylon brand works the best. If you don't know what that is, then google it.

But I have to agree with the majority here, and say that I think it's a pretty stupid idea.

I mean, I like things in color as well, and despite being a graffiti artist/color enthusiast, it's pretty easy for me to say that the PS3 is fine the way it is.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#28 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="wishbone345"]I was thinking of doodling on my PS3 and making my own custom skin... except with Markers or other writing tools instead of glossy stickers... So my question is, What kind of writing paraphanelia can i use to doodle on my PS3 and make an awesome skin/designScianix-Black

HAHA! I'd hit it. Twice.

Anyway, TC, use paint markers, Krylon brand works the best. If you don't know what that is, then google it.

But I have to agree with the majority here, and say that I think it's a pretty stupid idea.

I mean, I like things in color as well, and despite being a graffiti artist/color enthusiast, it's pretty easy for me to say that the PS3 is fine the way it is.

You sir are verrrrrrrrrry crazy. Lol.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

One more thing TC: Don't use Sharpies.

Trust me, it won't show up.

They use a type of ink that has to soak in the material to stain it, while paint can just dry on top.

Paint =/= Ink, and I can say that from first hand experience.

So don't even think about Sharpie because it won't work.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
okay... i'm not sure how good you are with what you're planning... but i think it's gonna be messy... good luck!
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
sounds like a bad idea
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Using markers and whiteout on your PS3 is your decision, but I agree with everyone else when I say it sounds like a childish stupid idea.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Dont... Just dont...

But if you do, post a pic here :P