I think Assassin's will be bad on PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts

Don't get me wrong, i love my ps3. But with all these crummy ports that Ubisoft has given us, i feel like Assassin's will get the same treatement at the end.

I really hope not and the game will look as good and act as good as they say.

What do you think?

agariboldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 agariboldi
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts
its not going to be a port there making it the same time as the 360 version
Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bri294
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts
I thought it was originally designed for the PS3 then ported to other systems.  If that is true then I think that the PS3 version will probably be better, but if it was designed for the 360 then yes it will suck like the other 360 to ps3 games did.
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Dont worry 150 people are working on the game, lots of hard work, this will be the first game to be truly next gen game in terms of graphics AND gameplay, on ps3 apart from oblivion and hopefully spiderman 3
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

its not going to be a port there making it the same time as the 360 versionagariboldi

Exactly.

TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts

I think, from how Ubisoft has preformed with previous PS3 games, that it will not be what we are expecting.

BUT, I hope they are using all the time they have to make it great and, possibly use all these delays to make Rainbow Six Vegas a great game also, because that game has great potential for PS3 fans if it is done well.

PSN ID: TheYellowYeti 8)

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
I honestly want to pre-order it. The game sounds awesome, but...i'm just scared that the game turns out to be like crap. SIGH
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

[QUOTE="agariboldi"]its not going to be a port there making it the same time as the 360 versionazzezino

Exactly.

Hopefully. :P

9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

well i mean on this website chances ar the reviewer will give it a bad score and the 360  version a good score.just because its on the ps3. i mean i looked at ign's head to head for fear and it looked kinda better on the ps3 than the 360's

and look at oblivion

Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris-Hansen
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts

we dont evenknow if it is a good game in the first place, i hated Prince of persia so who knows if i will like this game

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

its not going to be a port there making it the same time as the 360 versionagariboldi

that doesnt mean they're developing the game with both hardwares in mind. odds are its going to be 360 port since we saw the 360 version in action before the ps3 version. 

darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.
wildsnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wildsnipe
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts
Whoa, Oblivion is still published by Bethesda isn't it? Anyway, its true every Ubisoft game so far has been crappy, but I'm just pissed that they're delayed like 4 months because either they're devs are incompetent and can't write multi-parallel threads. Or Ubsoft is waiting for the PS3 install base to get larger, so they can get their greedy hands on more profit. The latter is probably true, because Ubisoft has been working on their own animation studio like Pixar in Europe and Montreal, probably to make movies based on games. They should stick to making better ports if you ask me, not making another  Bug's Life or Toy Story.
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.darkmanure

Err...I think Bethesda is still the publisher of Oblivion.

And if there's a company that Ubisoft should emulate, it's Bethesda. They did a standup job of taking the game and bringing it over to the PS3. 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmanure"]Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.rothman713

And if there's a company that Ubisoft should emulate, it's Bethesda. They did a standup job of taking the game and bringing it over to the PS3.

mostly because they had a full year to do so 

manny203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 manny203
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
I thought it was started on the PS3 but i only seen a live show of them demoing on 360 kinda makes u wonder
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rothman713
[QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="darkmanure"]Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.lawlessx

mostly because they had a full year to do so

There are companies out there that you could give a whole decade and they'd still come out with the same garbage port.

No names. :P 

unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
to be honest I am also fearing a crap port of assassins creed..I can get it on either system but I just prefer playing action/adventure games on playstation so I am hoping the SIXAXIS controls are good and I hope the graphics are atleast on par with the 360 version.
darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkmanure

[QUOTE="darkmanure"]Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.rothman713

Not according this this article http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24619

Thats for UK and Ireland I think 

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rothman713
[QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="darkmanure"]Ubisoft dissapoint me more and more by the day and I expect to be dissapointed in this game. I smell a bad port coming. And they suck as the new publisher for Oblivion for PS3.darkmanure

Not according this this article http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24619

Whoa...is that true? Or a typo? 

RASECUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RASECUL
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

I thought it was originally designed for the PS3 then ported to other systems. If that is true then I think that the PS3 version will probably be better, but if it was designed for the 360 then yes it will suck like the other 360 to ps3 games did.Bri294

Agreed 

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
I've been saying this before. I will never buy an Ubisoft game for the PS3.
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

well i mean on this website chances ar the reviewer will give it a bad score and the 360  version a good score.just because its on the ps3. i mean i looked at ign's head to head for fear and it looked kinda better on the ps3 than the 360's

and look at oblivion

9thwardice

man why do all u ps3 fanboys think that all the game reviewers r biased against the ps3. i mean if the majority of the reviewers say that somethin looks better on the 360 or is better on the 360 im pretty sure theyre not all like "hey lets all be biased against the ps3 and write bad stuff about it even though its not true" im not a 360 fanboy or anything, ive got both systems and i love em both, but man the reviewers dont write bad stuff about ps3 just bc they dont like it.

unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
I've got both as well. I have just never played this type of game on xbox 360 cuz im used to playing shooters but yea I think they said the 360 version is supposed to have better AI and I dunno the sixaxis will have to find a way to convince me as well as a proper version on ps3. I play NHL 07 all the time on my 360 and sometimes my 360 doesn't read the disc cuz it's been scratching it over time. So that's a fear I have if I am going to be playing the hell out of Assassins creed. But yeah I think the 360 version will be better. 
BulletProof007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BulletProof007
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

Any one here see the port of Far Cry for the Wii............. It looked like it was ported from the N64 :lol:   So the PS3 is not the only system to recieve the UBI love.  Base on thier current preformance it does not inspire confidence.  I do hope it come out good though.

XTRENTx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XTRENTx0
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

why judge a game before its has even come out

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
It'll be right on par with Oblivion on multi-platform quality IMO.. And its ok if its .0000000067757488% slower, or .00000000079676786936% worse graphics, or .0000000456466 second longer load times on either console.. It will be amazing on both. There must be something better to do while waiting for it.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
[QUOTE="darkmanure"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

Whoa...is that true? Or a typo?

THAT IS FALSE

I have the game and the box next to me and IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does it say ubisoft. It says developed by and published by Bethesda Softworks. And the post is too good and well made to be an ubisoft title :P

And infact, the load times are better, graphics are slightly better and there are less glitches in the PS3 version of Oblivion. Oblivion is a prime example of ports done the correct way.  

Silicon_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silicon_Noob
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts

I have the game and the box next to me and IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does it say ubisoft. It says developed by and published by Bethesda Softworks. And the post is too good and well made to be an ubisoft title

My Australian copy of Oblivion has been published by Ubisoft, and I'd wager the same can be said for all Pal released versions. I'm sure it has still been ported by Bathesda like in the states but they probably got Ubisoft to publish it due to their greater distribution infrastructure in the european/australasian regions.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
Well NTSC copies are not published by ubi.
firebird23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 firebird23
Member since 2005 • 4752 Posts
I doubt it will be as crappy as ports of 7 month old games.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
I think creed will be a crap game anyway, the gameplay footage they showed was far from nextgen and looked boring.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
it's a multi plat. not a port.
Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts
It is true that Ubi has not been showing the PS3 much love but this release might change that.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Ubisofts turning into EA, oddly tho EA is becoming what Ubisoft was, so thats good... the bigger company is becoming less of a jerk
darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkmanure

I have the game and the box next to me and IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does it say ubisoft. It says developed by and published by Bethesda Softworks. And the post is too good and well made to be an ubisoft title

My Australian copy of Oblivion has been published by Ubisoft, and I'd wager the same can be said for all Pal released versions. I'm sure it has still been ported by Bathesda like in the states but they probably got Ubisoft to publish it due to their greater distribution infrastructure in the european/australasian regions.

Silicon_Noob
Finally somebody listens to me.
yoyodan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yoyodan92
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

Dont worry 150 people are working on the game, lots of hard work, this will be the first game to be truly next gen game in terms of graphics AND gameplay, on ps3 apart from oblivion and hopefully spiderman 3stefanlek

hey mate, only next gen game? Nah not spiderman 3 or oblivion, gta iv and war devil and lair/heavenly sword give the real next gen experience 

piemister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 piemister
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts
WHAT I THOUGHT ASSASINS CREED WAS EXULIVE TO PS3!
piemister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 piemister
i thut this was EXULISVE to ps3.
piemister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 piemister
sigh this has hurt my faith in ps3 i thought this game was exulive to ps3.:(  it was in my most wanted games now i kno tis multi port (whatever its called) it wont be as good as it could be. well i still love my ps3!:D
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rothman713

sigh this has hurt my faith in ps3 i thought this game was exulive to ps3.:( it was in my most wanted games now i kno tis multi port (whatever its called) it wont be as good as it could be. well i still love my ps3!:Dpiemister

Multiplats can still be good.

What's going to hurt the title is that a) Ubisoft is publishing it and b) the porting appears (for now) to be from the other system over to the PS3. We would get a better title if the game were created solely with this console in mind and ported over to the other system. 

Silicon_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Silicon_Noob

What's going to hurt the title is that a) Ubisoft is publishing it and b) the porting appears (for now) to be from the other system over to the PS3.

This game began its life as a ps3 exclusive, hence it would be absolutely ludicrous for the development team to ditch all the work they had done up to this point, building it from the ground up as a ps3 title, simply because they dicided to make it multi platform. This isn't going to be a port, it will probably be at least as good as the 360 version.

mavven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#44 mavven
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts
You should stop thinking so deep, couse you will get sick.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Don't get me wrong, i love my ps3. But with all these crummy ports that Ubisoft has given us, i feel like Assassin's will get the same treatement at the end.

I really hope not and the game will look as good and act as good as they say.

What do you think?

ShawDowFX
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I predict it will install 5gb on the hard drive, and will be similar to the 360 version as a result.
Silicon_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silicon_Noob

I predict it will install 5gb on the hard drive, and will be similar to the 360 version as a result.

Yeah whats the deal with the massive ammount of hdd space it takes to save a ps3 game, just cuz sony put the hard drive there doesn't mean developers should try an use it all up. I'm sure ps3 save games are at least 10-15% bigger that 360 games, if not more, it feels like the ps3 has been cursed with a plague of sloppy programming.

TH3_SP3CIALIS7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TH3_SP3CIALIS7
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
Assasins creed will be a AAA title