I see more and more people switching to PS3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RustyIrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RustyIrish
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
Tides have certainly changed haven't they? The hardestcore 360 owners are for some reason switching to PS3, ever since the E3 press conference. It kind of pisses me off when these people degraded and bashed the PS3 so harshly for everything that has to do with it, and now act like they believed in Sony from square one. "Oh I knew that Sony would be ok, I decided to get one because of the price drop and I look forward to playing Heavenly Sword, MGS4, FFXIII/Versus, Uncharted, Lair and Killzone 2". Just goes to show the majority of them have no backbone and are easily manipulated by the press, pretty sad. But nonetheless, more sales means more good. Just when everyone thought Sony was dead, they bring out the heavy artillary.
morrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 morrow4
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
no one else respond to this. its just plainlame. (system wars)
RustyIrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RustyIrish
I'm being honest here, I'm not trying to start anything, if you can't see that then that isn't me problem, who are you to tell anyone what to do?
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

It's not really the hardcore lemmings switching it's all of the people that were bored with ps2 and saw the 360 released and jumped in (no pun intended) and pretty much got used to buying those games and became semi fanboys.

morrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 morrow4
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
i agree with you that more people are switching as better games come out on ps3 but i didnt want fanboys coming in and yelling whose system is better.
Tha_lazyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tha_lazyboi
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts
This thread is so corny and retarded.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
Me too I see a lot of topics about how people got PS3s
4degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 4degrees
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

Personally I am getting one (this weekend infact) because I'm not a fanboy and I look forward to many exclusive titles coming to all 3 consoles. I already own a 360 and Wii and have been looking forward to getting a PS3 since it was launched too ($600 was just to darn much if you ask me). I did the same thing with the last gen, I have a xbox, ps2, and gamecube as well. I'm just an overall gamer. I don't pick sides, so please don't sterotype all 360 owners.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the PSN!

synce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 synce
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
I mainly bought the PS3 for MGS4. I still think Sony will fail and that the 360 is better. What you think about that?
4degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 4degrees
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

I mainly bought the PS3 for MGS4. I still think Sony will fail and that the 360 is better. What you think about that?synce

I'd have to say your pretty ignorant.

RustyIrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RustyIrish

I mainly bought the PS3 for MGS4. I still think Sony will fail and that the 360 is better. What you think about that?synce

You contributed to their inevitable success, you realize that right?

pathogenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pathogenb
Member since 2003 • 796 Posts
i bought a PS3 the week of Thanksgiving last year. it was fun to play FoM and Motorstorm, but i've watched more high def movies on it than anything else. looking forward to the big PS3 games, but the 360 and xbox live is still a truckload of fun. save your lunch $$$ and buy them both.
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

It's not really the hardcore lemmings switching it's all of the people that were bored with ps2 and saw the 360 released and jumped in (no pun intended) and pretty much got used to buying those games and became semi fanboys.

D3monchicken

word
voxxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 voxxes
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts

Sony will dominate how much money has bill gates lost already. idk umm lets see cost of a premium xbox360=399, 10s of thousands of xbox360s broken billons of dollars (a bag of sand and shovel)=priceless

::Death is but a door,time is but a window,ill be back::

Flag me red flag me idc.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="synce"]I mainly bought the PS3 for MGS4. I still think Sony will fail and that the 360 is better. What you think about that?4degrees

I'd have to say your pretty ignorant.

haha!

steelcityD36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 steelcityD36
Member since 2004 • 380 Posts

This does belong in System Wars.

Why would hardcore 360 owners buying a PS3 bother you? It's a good thing is it not? More people to play, less halfassed ports (due to more people owning PS3's). More games coming and staying on the PS3. I just don't see where you are getting at? Maybe they downed the PS3 in the past but maybe you downed the PS1 or 2 in the past? What it all comes down to is gamers playing games they want no matter what the console is, and they must feel the PS3 has something to offer after all.

I owned a 360 before a PS3 then sold it when PS3's came into stock. That does not make me a traitor, I just wanted to experience NG games and did not feel like waiting a year to do it. Now the PS3 is out and it's my only console (that does not make me a fanboy, because anything I want on the 360 is now on the PS3), plus PS3's exclusives.

In the end I welcome all 360 and Wii users. For it does not do anything but help the Playstation community.

Duminakan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Duminakan89
Member since 2005 • 857 Posts
Its still too early to say, but I honestly I would not want to see the PS3 "phail" something like that would just not be good for the gaming industry.
amydst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 amydst
Member since 2002 • 189 Posts

lets put it this way. I bought a PS3 yesterday for a) the price drop and b) i don't want software emulation for ps2 games. However i did not buy a game with it. I'm still waiting...I will eventually get RFOM but in no rush to get it. I have a 360 and a Wii as well so i'm not a fanboy of any system. but i'm not switching to the PS3, i just got it in addition to the other systems. and right now there are not enough games for the PS3 that i don't already have for the 360.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
What I've noticed is a lot of people selling or trading their X360s for PS3s. The two big reasons are they don't want to pay for online and they want to get rid of it before it breaks.
RustyIrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RustyIrish

This does belong in System Wars.

Why would hardcore 360 owners buying a PS3 bother you? It's a good thing is it not? More people to play, less halfassed ports (due to more people owning PS3's). More games coming and staying on the PS3. I just don't see where you are getting at? Maybe they downed the PS3 in the past but maybe you downed the PS1 or 2 in the past? What it all comes down to is gamers playing games they want no matter what the console is, and they must feel the PS3 has something to offer after all.

I owned a 360 before a PS3 then sold it when PS3's came into stock. That does not make me a traitor, I just wanted to experience NG games and did not feel like waiting a year to do it. Now the PS3 is out and it's my only console (that does not make me a fanboy, because anything I want on the 360 is now on the PS3), plus PS3's exclusives.

In the end I welcome all 360 and Wii users. For it does not do anything but help the Playstation community.

steelcityD36

you are completely missing the point. Yes it's good for Sony, I even stated this in my original post, did you not read it? And no it isn't all 360 owners, it's the hardcore, the "xbots", the ones that bash everything that has to do with Sony. It's hypocritical to degrade Sony and the SP3 to such a harsh extent and then all of a sudden jump ship because there's a price drop. Why can't people just admit that they want one but can't afford it? Instead of dismissing everything that has to do with it just to make themselves feel better?

Halo-IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Halo-IV
Member since 2003 • 285 Posts

I'm being honest here, I'm not trying to start anything, if you can't see that then that isn't me problem, who are you to tell anyone what to do?RustyIrish

Your a fanboy with no facts. I don't see the PS3 flying off the shelves now and Xbox 360 fans jumping off Microsofts band wagon. I am a Microsoft fan and I'm considering in getting a PS3 because it is a cheap blu-ray player after this so-called price drop (lol). Im sorry buddy, but your small list of games and comment belongs in system wars, cause im going to tell you this, compare fall line ups. Xbox 360 >>>>>>.....PS3.Ohyeah, and something thats starts with an H, and ends with an ALO.

BTW. Check out my blog for my Post E3 Thoughts!