I need to know some stuff about the psp......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord-Morzan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord-Morzan7
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts

I'm going to sell my DS Lite and some games to get some money for the psp. I just don't like any of the games for the DS, and the PSP games have caught my eye. I just need to know some stuff. Here are my questions. And I won't need to know anything about music. I already have a mp3 player.

What's a good memory stick when you are strapped for cash?

How many game saves could I hold on said memory stick (and movies)?

Accesories?

Good games? (dont say GTA. cant get those.)

Anything else I should know?

I think that's it. I think I'll have around $300 once I sell the DS and games. Thanks.

Edit: How do I get a psp with the 32 mb memory stick? Checked gamestop. It's just system and charger.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts

I'm going to sell my DS Lite and some games to get some money for the psp. I just don't like any of the games for the DS, and the PSP games have caught my eye. I just need to know some stuff. Here are my questions. And I won't need to know anything about music. I already have a mp3 player.

Accesories?

I think that's it. I think I'll have around $300 once I sell the DS and games. Thanks.

Lord-Morzan7

Awesome PSP games that aren't M-rated:

-Daxter
-Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
-Burnout
-Tekken: Dark Ressurection
-Ace Combat X
-Wipeout: Pure
-Lumines

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

Accesories?

Lord-Morzan7

okay first things first depending on what kind of psp you buy would come with a memory stick or not but if you do get one that comes with one the only problem with that is it only is a 32 mb card.  which is decent for gamesaves but if you want video music pics then i suggest buying a better memory stick.  now for accesories, I can't stress this enough por everybody who first buys a psp is to get a screen protector or a hard shell case.  As for games Ridge Racer, SF3 Alpha MAX, Tekken are all good choices but theres plenty of other games to choose from.  so hope that helps you out

simmyhong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 simmyhong
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

Accesories?

Lord-Morzan7

try and get the media bundle, it comes with remote+headphones, 1gig stick, media manager program and a carry pouch. its approx 1/3 more than the base pack (ie if base is 300, the media is around 400)
well worth it imo. although ive already ordered my 4gig sandisk mem stick.
save games are anywhere between 200kbs to 1.5megs depending on the game.
not entirely sure about movies, but anime episodes are about 70-80megs each. (makes my bus ride alot more enjoyable!)
i recommend burnout, hot shots golf: open tee, worms & wtf.

i did the exact same thing.
sold my ds and got the psp.
best move ever.
Lord-Morzan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Lord-Morzan7
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts
so games dont take up a lot of space?
simmyhong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 simmyhong
so games dont take up a lot of space?Lord-Morzan7

if you meant "backing up your already bought umd games on to your memory stick", games range anywhere between 100megs - 1.6gigs. it all depends the compression levels (and if its an iso or cso) and whether or not movies/music will be removed from the backup.
i wont speak more about this forbidden topic, but there you have it.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord-Morzan7"]so games dont take up a lot of space?simmyhong

if you meant "backing up your already bought umd games on to your memory stick", games range anywhere between 100megs - 1.6gigs. it all depends the compression levels (and its an iso or cso) and whether or not movies/music will be removed from the backup.
i wont speak more about this forbidden topic, but there you have it.

Or if you talking about saving games, a 32mb stick will handle all of the game saves you will ever need.
zhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zhino
Member since 2005 • 222 Posts
GTA'S are also very good ..!! alot of  replay value  
zhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zhino
Member since 2005 • 222 Posts
2 gbs or 4gbs if u want to put movies ...sandisk memory sticks are cheaper than sony ones and do the same
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
2 words... SCREEN GUARD.
simmyhong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 simmyhong
2 gbs or 4gbs if u want to put movies ...sandisk memory sticks are cheaper than sony ones and do the samezhino
and proven to be faster too. in price terms, just for comparison, the sony 4gig is around $360, the sandisk is less than $200.
kart006k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kart006k
Member since 2004 • 124 Posts

Accesories?

Lord-Morzan7

Wow this is such an coincidence, I traded my DS in for 60 dollars at Gamestop and bought a new PSP 2 days ago. I think that DS had the worst games ever.

If you have $300 dollars than do this.

PSP - (160 USD/ 200 New)

1 GB Memory stick Pro Duo (this week its on sale at Staples for $20 "cheapest price")

I know that they are expensive, but you will love any1 of them. Also, the memory cards are $50 at Gamestop and EBgames, so don't get it there. Look in the sunday flyers, you'll get a great deal.

you can about 25 games on a smallest "32 MB" memory card.

USB cable (" You defenitly need this" $10)

Hard Game Case ($15 Logitec)

Games (Ones that I bought with my PSP)

1.LocoRoco (Just try the demo " u will love it" $30 USD)

2. Pirates (Fun game $30)

3. MGS: Portable Ops or SOCOM (if u like solid online game play $20 - 40)

4. Burnout Legends ($20)

5. Ace Combat ($40)

I love my PSP and I cant put it down its so advance, You can go to internet, put movies, play online or ad hoc ( with friends who don't need the game disc), music, pictures, and soon to be a Digital Camera attachment. Lets see nintendo do it. 

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

kart006k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kart006k
Member since 2004 • 124 Posts
[QUOTE="zhino"]2 gbs or 4gbs if u want to put movies ...sandisk memory sticks are cheaper than sony ones and do the samesimmyhong
and proven to be faster too. in price terms, just for comparison, the sony 4gig is around $360, the sandisk is less than $200.

4 gig is around $120 , but dont buy it its not worth it.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord-Morzan7"]

Accesories?

kart006k

Wow this is such an coincidence, I traded my DS in for 60 dollars at Gamestop and bought a new PSP 2 days ago. I think that DS had the worst games ever.

PSP - (160 USD/ 200 New)

1 GB Memory stick Pro Duo (this week its on sale at Staples for $20 "cheapest price")

I know that they are expensive, but you will love any1 of them. Also, the memory cards are $50 at Gamestop and EBgames, so don't get it there. Look in the sunday flyers, you'll get a great deal.

1.LocoRoco (Just try the demo " u will love it" $30 USD)

4. Burnout Legends ($20)

5. Ace Combat ($40)

I love my PSP and I cant put it down its so advance, You can go to internet, put movies, play online or ad hoc ( with friends who don't need the game disc), music, pictures, and soon to be a Digital Camera attachment. Lets see nintendo do it.

[QUOTE="Lord-Morzan7"]

Accesories?

kart006k

Wow this is such an coincidence, I traded my DS in for 60 dollars at Gamestop and bought a new PSP 2 days ago. I think that DS had the worst games ever.

PSP - (160 USD/ 200 New)

1.LocoRoco (Just try the demo " u will love it" $30 USD)

4. Burnout Legends ($20)

5. Ace Combat ($40)

I love my PSP and I cant put it down its so advance, You can go to internet, put movies, play online or ad hoc ( with friends who don't need the game disc), music, pictures, and soon to be a Digital Camera attachment. Lets see nintendo do it.

MGS is rated M, but it's worht defying ur parents for, and it's unjustly rated. Get a 1gb for game saves, movies and a few demos. Oh ya and get a good case
AP_Nataku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 AP_Nataku
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
You must get a screen protector for your PSP. Don't regret before its too late.
underground192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 underground192
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
ok look u do not want a 32 mb.....just the the system and charger then just upgrade for memory stick,and having more than one memory stick is dangerious u can losethem very easy unless u have somewhere 2 store it and keep it safe. with $300 u can get the psp lets say about $200 with about 2 games...and u can get a 4gb memory card with about $80 and have $20 for another game. and now u dont have to worry about watching ur memory and stuff like that...dont be like me and bought the 1 gb and bought tons of games now i only have few songs and a lot of saved games and my friends who have a 4gb has the same and tons of memory still left....ape escape is really fun...expecialy trying to get the smart monkey lol games awesome :D
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Just by the entertainment pack for $250, comes with: New PSP, 1GB MS, ATV Offroad (i like it) and Lords of Dogtown UMD movie. you would still have $50 bucks for whatever