I need help being talked into a ps3 ;)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 berzerker92
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts

So i'm interested in snagging a ps3 this year on black friday, but i feel as though i may not really have a reason to have one. So convince me.

I'm an 18yr old male, i play mostly 360 and pretty much all online, i like shooters, sports, racing, platformers,action adventure, etc.

I dont really watch movies- so blue-ray arent a deal maker to.

I dislike motion control gaming (and i have a wii)- so I'm not interested in Move.

I dont like fighting games or RPG's- so God of war isnt going to sway me

And for games that come out across platform i'll be pretty much exclusively going with 360 because my entire family uses it and from what i've heard Xbox Live is far superior to psn.

I have a computer and a zune to play media on- so i'm not real interested in the streaming features or internet browser either.

So help me talk myself into it Gamespot, i dont really see any must have exclusives short of GT5. and thats mostly what i'm looking for in a ps3...

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
:roll: Save up and buy an HDTV first.. then you'll actually be able to use a PS3 instead of most of the features going unused.
berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 berzerker92

alright thats what i was expecting to hear,

so here's the truth, i have a "22 1080p hdtv with hdmi already. I'm still not going to be using blu-rays though lol. I've asked all of my friends with ps3's for advice and they all just yap on and on about blu-ray. which its great that it comes with the system but i honestly havent watched a movie in about a month, and i bought 1 movie in my life. so im def. not interested in it for that.|

I'm talking games wise. why do i absolutely need a ps3? what awesome experiences have i missed out on so far?

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

:roll: Save up and buy an HDTV first.. then you'll actually be able to use a PS3 instead of most of the features going unused.PoisoN_Facecam0

Agreed sounds like you need a HDTV more than a PS3. You listed plenty of reasons not to get one so there you go, stick with your 360 since it sounds like you love it so much.

Avatar image for Kid_Notorious07
Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kid_Notorious07
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts
I know you want an objective opinion i just dont know what to tell u this is a system wars topic hidden behind a bleak question. "Convince me to get a ps3 because either i dont really want one because im too lazy to do MY OWN research on a major purchase or i think my system is superior so tell me about yours" (not saying thats what youre doing just saying thats what it looks like to me). Either way ps3 is awesome It only does everything... If youre looking for a comprehensive multimedia experience buy it, If youre looking for excellent exclusives buy it, If you want an arguably less fanboyish gaming community via psn buy it its free ps+ seems like it may take off in the future, even if you just want options and have the cash go for it. Its a gaming site do some research find out if we have what youre looking for buy it make your psn and join the greatest community of gamers to ever pick up a controller. Or stay with what you know either way youll feel great about the purchase.
Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts

Stick with your 360 if your content with it... What should we care what you want or don't want? I don't understand people that come on here and say "I don't own or want PS3 but tell me why I should get it". If you don't need it or want it, don't buy it...

Are you just starving for attention or were you serious?

berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 berzerker92

alright i edited my first post. i do in fact have an hdtv i can use.

And i absolutley DO NOT want a flame war/console bashing thread. I'm a vet of /b/ nothing good comes of it.

Money isnt an issue, i have a job and enough cash saved up to easily buy the ps3 and several games.

I'd just like to know from the community itself what i've been missing by not having a ps3, free online is def. a perk im interested in, good exclusives are the other major draw. im not much for the total media center as i dont do much with that or blu-ray and thats all i hear from most people.

please be patient with me, im just a kid who dosent know what he wants ;D

EDIT: I'm mostly content with my 360 besides $60 a year for online, crappy controllers and headset and voice communication and a lack of recent exclusives. Im a hardcore gamer and i want to experience the best games that come out.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

honestly blu ray movies are becoming cheap, i only buy them when there around $10 or the 2 for $20 deal on them. the money is well worth it imo. blu ray is awesome.

Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kid_Notorious07
List a little old but meh Released Games - LittleBigPlanet (94%) - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (93%) - Killzone 2 (90%) - MLB '09: The Show (90%) - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (90%) - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (89%) - Valkyria Chronicles (87%) - Resistance 2 (87%) - Resistance: Fall of Man (87%) - InFamous (87%) - Ninja Gaiden Sigma (86%) - MLB 08: The Show (86%) - Warhawk (84%) - MotorStorm (83%) - SingStar (83%) - MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (82%) - Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (82%) - BUZZ! Quiz TV (81%) - Heavenly Sword (80%) - Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (80%) - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (80%) - Ridge Racer 7 (79%) - SingStar: Vol. 2 (79%) - MLB 07: The Show (78%) - SingStar Queen (77%) - Folklore (76%) - Formula One Championship Edition (76%) - The Eye of Judgement (76%) - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (74%) - SingStar: ABBA (74%) - SingStar: Vol. 3 (71%) - NBA 08 (66%) - Full Auto 2: Battlelines (65%) - SOCOM: Confrontation (65%) - NBA 07 (65%) - NBA 09: The Inside (64%) - Time Crisis 4 (62%) - Untold Legends: The Dark Kingdom (59%) - Genji: Days of the Blade (57%) - Haze (57%) - Lair (56%) PSN Games - Wipeout HD (88%) - Flower (87%) - Comet Crash (86%) - Super Stardust HD (86%) - PixelJunk Monsters (84%) - Everyday Shooter (84%) - echochrome (82%) - Zen Pinball (82%) - Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection (82%) - Lumines Supernova (82%) - PixelJunk Eden (81%) - Crash Commando (79%) - Cuboid (78%) - Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (78%) - Calling All Cars! (78%) - The Last Guy (78%) - SIREN: Blood Curse (77%) - Astro Tripper (76%) - LocoRoco Cocorecho (76%) - Savage Moon (75%) - Burn Zombie Burn (75%) - Aquatopia (75%) - Noby Noby Boy (73%) - PAIN: Amusement Park (73%) - PAIN (71%) - flOw (71%) - Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer (73%) - Elefunk (70%) - Blast Factor (70%) - Astro Tripper (70%) - GTI Club + (70%) - Supersonic Rocket Battle Cars (70%) - Piyotama (70%) - High Velocity Bowling (69%) - Dark Mist (69%) - Magic Ball (68%) - Go! Sudoku (68%) - High Stakes on the Vegas Strip (68%) - Trials of Topoq (64%) - Go! Puzzle (63%) - PixelJunk Racers (63%) - Snakeball (62%) - Operation Creature Feature (62%) - Nucleus (60%) - Novastrike (60%) - Super Rub a Dub (58%) - Jeopardy! (57%) - Toy Home (56%) - Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom (53%) - Joust (48%) - Linger in Shadows (47%) - Gauntlet II (45%) - Cash Guns Chaos (44%) - Go! Sports Skydiving (44%) - Go! Sports Ski (31%) - Championship Sprint (27%) Unreleased Games - Afrika - Agent - Dynasty Warriors BB - Driver PS3 - DC Universe Online - EyePet - Final Fantasy XIV - Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Fat Princess - Fifth Phantom Saga - Free Realms - Gran Turismo 5 - God of War III - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire - MAG - Metro 2033: The Last Refuge - Ninja Gaiden: Sigma 2 - Ni-Oh - PixelJunk: Dungeons - Quantum Theory - Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time - Redwood Falls - The Agency - The Last Guardian - The Punisher: No Mercy - The Wall - Twisted Metal PS3 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Wheel of Fortune - White Knight Chronicles - Yakuza 3
berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 berzerker92

THANK YOU, a list of solid exclusives thats what im looking for. I forgot bout MGS im a huge fan of that.

So i'd be interested in GT5, MGS4, Socom, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Resistence, Killzone, and who knows what else.

I think they have a holiday bundle with an uncharted game in it, i'll have to take a look at that. are there any plans for Jak and daxter, or sly cooper games?

Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kid_Notorious07

just released a sly collection The Sly Collection™ The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper® series makes its triumphant return this fall with The Sly Collection™, for the PlayStation®3 system (PS3™). The Sly Collection™ features three PlayStation®2 action-packed classic hits; Sly Cooper® and the Thievius Raccoonus®, Sly 2: Band of Thieves® and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves® fully remastered in high definition. The Sly Collection™ sees the mischievous raccoon and his gang of eccentric friends pull off daring heists in this entertaining platformer adventure. Packed full with mini-games and thrilling missions from across the globe, The Sly Collection™ masterfully blends stealth, thievery, combat, strategy and exploration into one huge world. Key Features * Re-mastered versions of all three Sly Cooper games in High Definition. Sly Cooper and The Thievius Raccoonus Sly 2: Band of Thieves Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves * All three games can be played in 3D. * All-new PlayStation®Move supported mini-games * Online trophy support for all 3 titles.

berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 berzerker92

Alright yea i just search bar'd pretty much every other question i had...

well after seeing that there are some decent exclusives im pretty much convinced. but before i pull the trigger on friday, are there any drawbacks to your ps3's guys? anything you wish was different or thats annoying? cuz theres lots of little stuff with 360's...

Thanks again

Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kid_Notorious07
nothing i can think of?!
berzerker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 berzerker92

Well then with any luck there will be a $299 walmart 160gb ps3 holiday bundle with uncharted 2 and medal of honor in my future...

dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

Well then with any luck there will be a $299 walmart 160gb ps3 holiday bundle with uncharted 2 and medal of honor in my future...

berzerker92
then welcome to the family. also there is a socom game out, but you may want to wait for socom 4.