i just love the comparisons!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
i love how gamespot compare 360 to ps3 games........ps3 games dont look nothing like that.....how bout hookin up ps3 wid hdmi and comparing them to 420p 360 games.....whose gonna be the winner......720p/1080i/p vs 420p
punisher2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 punisher2k8
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts
tell me about it. We better watch it though cause they will suspend us all :roll: lol...
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 planbfreak4eva
tell me about it. We better watch it though cause they will suspend us all :roll: lol...punisher2k8
true true
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
totally agree, they need to use hdmi
sutherland4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sutherland4l
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
We're not bashing the other systems, so I think that we'll be OK. But seriously, it is not a comparison if you do not at least TRY to get as much out of the system as possible, i.e. use an HDMI cable. I run in 720p/1080i and my SN's look considerably better than the SN's that they show off. AC4 is not that impressive of a game graphically, but it does look a lot better when you run it on an HDMI cable. I haven't played the whole game, only the demo, but the details were pretty good on the mechs.
-Holtz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Holtz-
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

This website that must not be named...has realy lost credit with me this gen, and i have had both of the consoles btw, so im not a fan boy, its just, you do want things to be fair to get more of an honest website.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
Really and truly those screen shuts were BUTT ugly. Both for 360 and ps3. It was ridiculous
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

i thought a certain website was professional but I guess not. Here is a pic I took on my ps3 hooked up via hdmi to a 720p 30" lcd sony tv compared to theirs. They can't even match what I have at home?

zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
gamespot is so biased......i have a ps3 and i can definitely tell that the brightness was increased alot to make some detail look washed up.....hell the entire screen looks like its illuminating white light making everything unclear. My hdtv only supports component cable same as theirs and it looks waayyyy better than wat they show
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

i thought a certain website was professional but I guess not. Here is a pic I took on my ps3 hooked up via hdmi to a 720p 30" lcd sony tv compared to theirs. They can't even match what I have at home?

crck

Wow... allot of differences there.

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

crck

Nice...they really increase bright to look much worse then ****

GS PWNED

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
The comparisons shots are BS, not just on the PS3 side.  I'd like so see some HDMI shots from the Elite also.  Oh well maybe oneday...
setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 setyono
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

yea...cause comparing a standard tcv to full HD is a real good comparason......u kno 360 whoops ps3....give me a breakneXtgenisis

If PS3 is capable using a full HDTV, why should you use a standard tv to compare it? It's like comparing a ford running on the 5th gear and a ferarri running on the first gear. Gotta use it's fullest capability.

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
yeah my picture came out a little jaggy because photobucket shrinks your imagine if its too big and they do a crappy job of doing it. But you can see the difference in color, contrast and detail.
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

[QUOTE="neXtgenisis"]yea...cause comparing a standard tcv to full HD is a real good comparason......u kno 360 whoops ps3....give me a breaksetyono

If PS3 is capable using a full HDTV, why should you use a standard tv to compare it? It's like comparing a ford running on the 5th gear and a ferarri running on the first gear. Gotta use it's fullest capability.

The reasons for everything being captured using component is probably very simple; GS probably don't have a capture card that works with HDMI.  Like I said above though using component for either kind of makes everything pointless.  Actually if they did capture at the highest res with HDMI people would probably still be complaining... who cares, we all know that both the PS3 and the 360 look nothing like the screenshots in the article, both are much better.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

[QUOTE="neXtgenisis"]yea...cause comparing a standard tcv to full HD is a real good comparason......u kno 360 whoops ps3....give me a breaksetyono

I totally agree. The whole thing was a misguided attempt to generate more chatter about which is better. I love my PS3. It keeps me happy. I think Gamespot should have a feature where they go back and review games for the PS2 running on the PS3 with the upscaler and edge smoothing on. That would be a good comparison. Not this crap.

BTW. The Ferarri comment sounds exactly like Jack Trentton from Sony. Hmmm... brothers. lol. :P

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
[QUOTE="setyono"]

[QUOTE="neXtgenisis"]yea...cause comparing a standard tcv to full HD is a real good comparason......u kno 360 whoops ps3....give me a break-oG-ShAdY

I totally agree. The whole thing was a misguided attempt to generate more chatter about which is better. I love my PS3. It keeps me happy. I think Gamespot should have a feature where they go back and review games for the PS2 running on the PS3 with the upscaler and edge smoothing on. That would be a good comparison. Not this crap.

BTW. The Ferarri comment sounds exactly like Jack Trentton from Sony. Hmmm... brothers. lol. :P

And didn't Bill Gates say the same thing about the 360... something about ferraris and good, non-defective stuff? Hmph, Analogies.

ps3-4-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ps3-4-life
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

WHY DO WE EVEN CARE WHEN GAME SPOT PUTS UP THESE COMPARISONS..WE ALL KNOW THEY FAVOR 360.ITS JUST 1 SIGHT OUT OF THOUSANDS......AND PEOPLE SWEAR GAMESPOT IS THE GOD OF ALL GAME SIGHTS......

player2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 player2k
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Gamespot used to be good ... now they're in Bill Gates front pocket... I don't even pay attention to their reviews anymore... Resistance Fall of Man is better than Gears of War... hands down... played them both on my HDtv
ps3-4-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ps3-4-life
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I AGREE WITH U...I THINK GEARS OF WAR WAS WAY OVER RATED..

Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts

crck

wow i wasnt even gonna post here till i saw this. this really is crap man. that screen was taken with a camera...not even from the source and it still looks 10 times better than what that unamed site put up...geez..i dont really care either way but man if you wanna be a respectible site then come on....thats just terrible

darkagent0019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkagent0019
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts
I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I actually am getting HD DVD quality from my PS3 via a component cable on my PS2 games so the compaison is actually a BIG joke.
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?darkagent0019

I agree. If i was a runer racing a one-legged guy, I'd win. So the organizers cut off one of my legs and then race us, and the one legged guy wins. That doesn't mean the one legged guy's better, it just means that the comparison is worthless. using optimum xbox 360 settings (which aren't optimum PS3 settings) and not using HDMI when available is inexcusable. It's misleading and worthless.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

crck

Are you sieroulsy trying to compare 1 pic of a grass court and 1 of what looks to be hard court and say GS is biased????? Maybe you need to actually watch tennis once in a while before you post.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito

[QUOTE="darkagent0019"]I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?osirisomeomi

I agree. If i was a runer racing a one-legged guy, I'd win. So the organizers cut off one of my legs and then race us, and the one legged guy wins. That doesn't mean the one legged guy's better, it just means that the comparison is worthless. using optimum xbox 360 settings (which aren't optimum PS3 settings) and not using HDMI when available is inexcusable. It's misleading and worthless.

What's wrong with you kids???? Can't you understand that when making comparisons you HAVE to make the setups as equal as possible. That is how a real comparison is made. Face facts that the PS3 ISN'T blowing the 360 away in the graphics department like you all thought it would. Some day when you're all grown up you'll understand.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 planbfreak4eva
[QUOTE="crck"]

kingtito

Are you sieroulsy trying to compare 1 pic of a grass court and 1 of what looks to be hard court and say GS is biased????? Maybe you need to actually watch tennis once in a while before you post.

he was comparing the colours and contrast between them.....you can see the difference very much...can you??
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
[QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]

[QUOTE="darkagent0019"]I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?kingtito

What's wrong with you kids???? Can't you understand that when making comparisons you HAVE to make the setups as equal as possible. That is how a real comparison is made. Face facts that the PS3 ISN'T blowing the 360 away in the graphics department like you all thought it would. Some day when you're all grown up you'll understand.

If you want to compare things, but go out your way to make them equal, whats the point, because they are only gonna look as equal as you make them. Taking an identicle screenshot from both, and then letting the processer and the output the dicided by the system (After all, thats what people will be playing with in reality) is how to do it.

Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
[QUOTE="crck"]

kingtito

Although its a different court, look at Federer  there's totally a difference.  Everything looks different, these pictures used on the comparisons are washed out...and thats what they seem to attack.  Anyways i know what my ps3 actually looks like, so if any of you ever think of not buying a game because of a review on any site you should rethink it.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

yea...cause comparing a standard tcv to full HD is a real good comparason......u kno 360 whoops ps3....give me a breakneXtgenisis

And that my friends and enemies, is exactly the kind of talk which makes us all hate lemmings.

- - -

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 planbfreak4eva
well you gotta compare them to the maximum what it can do.....i really doubt ppl here play there ps3 on sd tv when they have an hd tv and hdmi cable at home......360 can go up to that quality and ps3 can go up to a higher qaulity...do you think its fair to downgrade one systems capabilties so it just matches another console? i dont think so
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

All I can say Is I am most dissapointed.....I mean I am sick for a couple of days, another well intelligence insulting comparison is up..I decide to leave it be after checking it...go to the ps3 forums and there seems to be a giant warning at the top... making me scroll down somemore to reach the info for which I visit the site to find out just how dissapointing this "comparison" is....But in the end Its not my site.

p.s. When you compare something you make the conditions surrounding the objects as equal as can be....you leave the objects in question be and used to their full potential.

ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts

Its not the fact that they may be a lil better than the ps3 its the fact that its being judged unfairly

ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts
u do know that most of us that posted here will be slapped on the wrist by mods
darkagent0019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkagent0019
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]

[QUOTE="darkagent0019"]I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?kingtito

I understand what you mean kingtaco, but the comparison should've been an Elite against a PS3. You don't neglect a feature like HDMI just to bring it to a pro 360's level. That right there shows that the PS3 had to be gimped. Why not just use the Elite?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]

[QUOTE="darkagent0019"]I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?darkagent0019

I understand what you mean kingtaco, but the comparison should've been an Elite against a PS3. You don't neglect a feature like HDMI just to bring it to a pro 360's level. That right there shows that the PS3 had to be gimped. Why not just use the Elite?

How is that gimping the PS3? ALmost all of the games today are native 720p and frankly HDMI isn'g going to make that much a difference at that lvl. The playing field was lvl and with everything being equal the 360 still looks better. I know it hurts your feelings and all but stop thinking like a fanboy. The 360 and PS3 are more equal than you'd ever care to admit. It's not like the modified 7800gtx can actually out perform the modified r600 in the 360.

Stop your crying about GS being biased and how unfair it was not to use the HDMI cables (that Sony doesn't even include). B3 glad they're not comparing the 2 right out of the box. If they did you'd see SD type graphics from the PS3.

ygohome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ygohome
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts
[QUOTE="darkagent0019"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]

How is that gimping the PS3? ALmost all of the games today are native 720p and frankly HDMI isn'g going to make that much a difference at that lvl. The playing field was lvl and with everything being equal the 360 still looks better. I know it hurts your feelings and all but stop thinking like a fanboy. The 360 and PS3 are more equal than you'd ever care to admit. It's not like the modified 7800gtx can actually out perform the modified r600 in the 360.

Stop your crying about GS being biased and how unfair it was not to use the HDMI cables (that Sony doesn't even include). B3 glad they're not comparing the 2 right out of the box. If they did you'd see SD type graphics from the PS3.

did you just spell "be" B3.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="darkagent0019"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]

[QUOTE="darkagent0019"]I thought comparisons were to point out the strengths and weaknesses. It's kind of odd that both sides were "made equal" just to be "fair." If that's the case, then wouldn't a comparison be meaningless?ygohome

did you just spell "be" B3.

Obviously a typo but B3 works

sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
The visitors to this site must have been getting low. They would do anything anything to get some publicity. That's why they haven't closed down their system wars forum.:o