I just got a Psp!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NHLMightyDucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NHLMightyDucks
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
Today  I got my psp and it is really fun. I got medal of honor heroes. I just have one question. If i have itunes on a mac can I stil put them on the psp.
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
cool, cool, you can put any MP3s on your PSP, but not ones you bought from iTunes store (thats an Apple problem, not a PSP one).
fathertroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 fathertroy
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts

cool, cool, you can put any MP3s on your PSP, but not ones you bought from iTunes store (thats an Apple problem, not a PSP one).ArmoJan

yea you cant put music bought from itunes

But congratulations to you psp!

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 algertman
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts

Congrats

I got mine about a week ago and I enjoy mine aswell. Bought Ultimate Ghost N' Goblins for 10$ new and I enjoy it alot

ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArmoJan

Bought Ultimate Ghost N' Goblins for 10$ new and I enjoy it alot

algertman

where did you buy it for that and how do you like the game?

Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Journey89
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts
find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 players
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArmoJan

find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 playersJourney89

99% of MP3 converters will not convert or even recognize iTune piracy protected files.. When you buy music from iTunes, you are not buying the song or the MP3. You are purchasing the license to listen to the song on your iPod or account activated PC/Mac only. Apple locks them down pretty good at the music industry's request.  If they were THAT easy to just convert to MP3, apple would not waste the time and money protecting them.

pathogenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pathogenb
Member since 2003 • 796 Posts

[QUOTE="Journey89"]find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 playersArmoJan

99% of MP3 converters will not convert or even recognize iTune piracy protected files.. When you buy music from iTunes, you are not buying the song or the MP3. You are purchasing the license to listen to the song on your iPod or account activated PC/Mac only. Apple locks them down pretty good at the music industry's request.  If they were THAT easy to just convert to MP3, apple would not waste the time and money protecting them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QTFairUse have at it.
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArmoJan
[QUOTE="ArmoJan"]

[QUOTE="Journey89"]find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 playerspathogenb

99% of MP3 converters will not convert or even recognize iTune piracy protected files.. When you buy music from iTunes, you are not buying the song or the MP3. You are purchasing the license to listen to the song on your iPod or account activated PC/Mac only. Apple locks them down pretty good at the music industry's request. If they were THAT easy to just convert to MP3, apple would not waste the time and money protecting them.

hence "99%" I stated, I know it's possible as is anything.  But not easy for the average person that don't know anything about hacks. 

G4s89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 G4s89
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
[QUOTE="ArmoJan"]

[QUOTE="Journey89"]find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 playerspathogenb

The easiest way that I have found is just to use a CD-RW.  Since no one uses them any more, they are cheap.  All you have to do is copy the music you want onto the disc, then just import them into a Playlist named"PSP".  Before you import them back into iTunes, make sure that you change your Preferences.  Under EDIT, go to Preferences, ADVANCED, then IMPORTING, and CHECK the "IMPORT AS MP3".  This will allow you to import all of your songs to a playlist of all the songs you want on your PSP, through iTunes, so they are all organized, and this is cheap!  After you're done just wipe the CD-RW like normal. 

ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArmoJan
[QUOTE="pathogenb"][QUOTE="ArmoJan"]

[QUOTE="Journey89"]find a itunes to MP3 converter and use that to convert all of your songs to MP3 and use them on the PSP and other MP3 playersG4s89

99% of MP3 converters will not convert or even recognize iTune piracy protected files.. When you buy music from iTunes, you are not buying the song or the MP3. You are purchasing the license to listen to the song on your iPod or account activated PC/Mac only. Apple locks them down pretty good at the music industry's request. If they were THAT easy to just convert to MP3, apple would not waste the time and money protecting them.

The easiest way that I have found is just to use a CD-RW. Since no one uses them any more, they are cheap. All you have to do is copy the music you want onto the disc, then just import them into a Playlist named"PSP". Before you import them back into iTunes, make sure that you change your Preferences. Under EDIT, go to Preferences, ADVANCED, then IMPORTING, and CHECK the "IMPORT AS MP3". This will allow you to import all of your songs to a playlist of all the songs you want on your PSP, through iTunes, so they are all organized, and this is cheap! After you're done just wipe the CD-RW like normal.

or, just don't buy your music from iTunes and skip everything...