i had alot more fun with Viking then i did with Uncharted or AC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
both uncharted and AC are overrated. they're not bad games, mind you, but they don't deserve all the praise they get. for starters, uncharted was boring as hell; the weapons felt like pellet guns, and were unsatisfying to shoot. not only that, but it was short, and there was no point in replaying it. donut drake? gimme a break. as for AC, it could've been one of the best games of last year were it not for it's extremely repetitive gameplay, and while most games are repetitive, Ubi got lazy and didn't even bother to at least give us a different name for the objective. or at least make the civilians look different, and say something else when we rescued them.

i feel bad for viking, mostly because its overshadowed by recently released games. the game has a lot of charm, it's a mix of fable and shadow of the colossus. and if you're even remotely interested in Norse mythology you'd do well to give this game a try. the combat is brutal, the art ****is impeccable, and the epic battles are jaw dropping. this isn't the game for everyone, it's definitely no GOTY, but it deserves at least a rental. there are three huge islands to explore. in which you rescue vikings, find barrells of intoxicating drink, and even some stealth ops for good measure. (more fun then it sounds.)
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

both uncharted and AC are overrated. they're not bad games, mind you, but they don't deserve all the praise they get. for starters, uncharted was boring as hell; the weapons felt like pellet guns, and were unsatisfying to shoot. not only that, but it was short, and there was no point in replaying it. donut drake? gimme a break. as for AC, it could've been one of the best games of last year were it not for it's extremely repetitive gameplay, and while most games are repetitive, Ubi got lazy and didn't even bother to at least give us a different name for the objective. or at least make the civilians look different, and say something else when we rescued them.

i feel bad for viking, mostly because its overshadowed by recently released games. the game has a lot of charm, it's a mix of fable and shadow of the colossus. and if you're even remotely interested in Norse mythology you'd do well to give this game a try. the combat is brutal, the art ****is impeccable, and the epic battles are jaw dropping. this isn't the game for everyone, it's definitely no GOTY, but it deserves at least a rental. there are three huge islands to explore. in which you rescue vikings, find barrells of intoxicating drink, and even some stealth ops for good measure. (more fun then it sounds.)GUNpoint_

Good post, and good to see someone else who appreciates this games unique charm and overall epic bad assness. Question for you, as I am having a hard time getting an answer on this. Have you found all 12 of the red skulls? If so, does it unlock a new feature or something? I got to Holdenfort, on the barracks mission and was roaming around the camp when I found one, and a message popped up that said "1/12 red skulls found". Another reason to replay the game right there, lol.

SH4M3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SH4M3N
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I went to pick up GTA 4 but it was out of stock and i was on my holiday and wanted something good to play, Viking was the only new game left in the top ten charts. i got totally engrossed in the emmersive atmosphere of the game that had to appear offline! so as not to be disturbed. On Galcliff when i was in Holdenfort Barracks i came across a red skull and 1/12 came up i then found out i had missed 6 from the first island. i have found a link to give you a description as to where the red skulls are. And if you haven't played the game this will spoil it for you!! http://www.wikicheats.com/index.php/Viking:_Battle_for_Asgard_-_PS3_XB360/Walkthrough
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Viking was horrible mindless repetitve,.. horribleness. i enjoying AC, and think it deserved the rating it got. Uncharted is over rated imo after trying to play through it again.
deadstar_666_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 deadstar_666_7
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
I've got Viking but haven't played it yet. I'll consider what you've said when I do get round to it though... all I'd heard so far was bad things... don't think it'll top Uncharted for me though I'm a big fan of the story-driver aspect of it that I think is missing from a lot of games... AC is wayyy repetitive though...