I deleted my user on my ps3. Can I get it back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warrenmats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

User Lists: 0

#1 warrenmats
Member since 2008 • 2247 Posts

SO I delete my user on my ps3. I didn't know that you lose all of your game saves and your trophies -_______-

Is there any way that I can recover my user? Well, if i can't, that sucks. I barely had any trophies, and all of my trophies were super easy to get anyway. I can get them again easily. But still... :P don't feel like playing mw3 and silent hill downpour again

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Create a new PS3 (system account, not PSN) account and when it asks you to sign up for PSN theres the option to use an already created PSN account. If your saves were not backed up however, they are lost.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Umm it warns you about all those things when you try to delete a user.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7143 Posts
You can log back into your account from creating a new user on the system. Your trophies should be synched and not lost, but all the data that was on your user won't be retrievable.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Your saves will be lost. However the trophies you can sync back to your PS3 by signing in with your PSN account.

juniorsdaddy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 juniorsdaddy69
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
That's funny because when I went and deleted my user profile it didn't warn me about losing anything!! The reason I did it was because the trophies when trying to play a game came up with an error and the game just quit. Then when I went to sync my trophies it came up with a error as well. So when I did a search about how to fix this one said to go in and hold the power button till you get the options to restore system, reload with default settings, ect. ect. One of the options was to rebuild database. I did that and it still didn't work. So then I did another search "Can not sync trophies" and I clicked on one of the options which took me to this site http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/guides/detail/item493059/80022D11-Cannot-sync-trophies-or-register-trophy-data/ No where in that did it say be careful if you delete your user you will lose all saved data. This is really irritating I didn't have a lot but the couple of saved info I lost almost makes me not want to play the titles anymore! THANKS PLAYSTATION!!
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

if you didn't delete your saves they'll still be there

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115361 Posts
topic is over a year old, best to make a new one rather than bump a necro one :)