i am officially boycotting ea games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
it's one thing to screw up madden, and skate, but a blockbuster like orange box is unacceptable. past the fact that the review on gamespot is less than a page long and obviously no time was put into it, they once again mention the framrate issues. its obvious EA has a problem with the ps3 so i quit.
kaffikanna111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kaffikanna111
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Its truly a sad day for when some of your stature boycotts EA

Seriously, these post are stupid. No one cares and EA sure as heck doesn't. This game is not bad at all. It has slight framrate issues but they dont ruin the experience at all. The game is more than playable and is still getting AAA reviews so people boycotting it are stupid.

See you online in a few days playing an EA game. These artificial boycotts never last. Such as GS losing members when the reviewer left

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts
dude, try getting PC game support from EA. there isnt any.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
The review wasn't long because the game was already reviewed...They just reviewed the PS3 version...They even linked the other, actual review.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

let me get this straight...

Valve pretty much says F--- YOU to the PS3 version of their game, and dumps it on EA to port it.

Gabe Newell says it himself, "i have no idea what is going on with the PS3 version. our company will have no hand in it."

now with OB out, those who have actually played the game have said that the framerate issue was overblown.

how does this make sense to actually be made at EA? honestly... a lot of the EA hatred nowadays is just blind. hating EA is just a fad, with no real substance or motive behind it.

cruelkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cruelkilla
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts

My all time favorite games from ea are need for speed and medal of honor and to screw them up with airborne and pro street really pissed me off.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i boycotting ea too, but not on purpose. they rarely make any games i want.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I wouldn't know how it feels to switch to boycotting EA from not, as I've never bought an EA game. How does it feel? Good I'd hope.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

I wouldn't know how it feels to switch to boycotting EA from not, as I've never bought an EA game. How does it feel? Good I'd hope.AnFangs_Endes
I know.:P

Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
yeah but judging by the demo they got burnout right. Funny they get it right when they make the PS3 the lead platform.
bmo999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 bmo999
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts

I tried playing NHL 08 but couldent update my roster cuz of their systems were down.

Yeah I was mad, but not enough to boycott, but I dont judge. Have fun:)

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
As long as Burnout's keep being released by EA I'm never boycotting them. The Burnout Paradise demo is fantastic!
is82sealab2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 is82sealab2021
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts

it's one thing to screw up madden, and skate, but a blockbuster like orange box is unacceptable. past the fact that the review on gamespot is less than a page long and obviously no time was put into it, they once again mention the framrate issues. its obvious EA has a problem with the ps3 so i quit.shroom76

mabye they will decide porting to ps3 isnt profitable and then we will have more to worry about than "framrate issues" that knock off .5 from every ea ps3 game...

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

lol its funny that people hate ea for crappy ports what about their crappy games lol. i don't like them for monopolizing the sports franchise filling the market with the same old dribble and mostly for buying up great devs like bioware and criterion and slowly just destroying them firing people or enforcing their own policies on them.

they ruined burnout for me, one of my favorite series too. there are so many reason to dislike EA i think bad ports is probably at the bottom of that list for me. thats my opinion at least.

MattyJ78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MattyJ78
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

I would boycott EA with you, but the problem is that they seem to come out with about 75% of all games released on PS3!

Alas, we are stuck with choppy ports until EA removes their heads from their rectums and figures out how to take advantage of the power of the PS3.