Huge Problem. Please Help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts

Okay guys so here's the issue, I just bought Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (fun game by the way) and for some reason, my PS3 just shuts off randomly while playing. It has never done this before with any of my other games so I am wondering if my playstation is crapping out on me or if its because of the game for some reason. p.s. its the disc version of the game, not the download version.

On a side note, I also bought a dualshock 3 today after the game had updated so I am wondering if its because of the dualshock for some reason. Anyways, I really hope somebody could help me out.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Okay guys so here's the issue, I just bought Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (fun game by the way) and for some reason, my PS3 just shuts off randomly while playing. It has never done this before with any of my other games so I am wondering if my playstation is crapping out on me or if its because of the game for some reason. p.s. its the disc version of the game, not the download version.

On a side note, I also bought a dualshock 3 today after the game had updated so I am wondering if its because of the dualshock for some reason. Anyways, I really hope somebody could help me out.

suzukigsxr

Wow first time I hear this... well, read.

loominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loominator
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

I saw the gt5 prologue die out at a forum like E3 (just in denmark).. however it was caged completely in with no option for it too cool down.. and it said "console overheated".. and it shortly after would shut down.

Not entirely sure what your issue is, it doesn't come with any notifications?

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts

I saw the gt5 prologue die out at a forum like E3 (just in denmark).. however it was caged completely in with no option for it too cool down.. and it said "console overheated".. and it shortly after would shut down.

Not entirely sure what your issue is, it doesn't come with any notifications?

loominator

no notifications. the first couple of times it completely shut off, no lights on whatsoever but recently its just been going to the red light

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Mine shut off randomly once while playing Call Of Duty 4. That was only 1 time though. I would take the game backa nd see if you have different results with another disc.
Broken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Broken89
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Odd, earlier today my SP3 was in standby and out of nowhere it just lost power? i had to unplug the PS3 and plug it back in, didnt think much of it, but i did buy GT5P and 4 DS3 controllers yesterday lol
voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

Shortly before my brother's 60GB model died, it would randomly shut off by itself. It increasingly got worse and eventually ended up dying with COD4 trapped inside.

My brother-in-law works on electronics, so he opened it up and had a look. The power supply unit had gone bad in it. He purchased a new one off the net and was able to repair it.