How well do 2D fighters control on the new PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamsouledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 iamsouledge
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
I remember reading a Gamespot article a while back that documented the PSP Slim's new features, and they said that the D-Pad was slightly raised on the new one, which made games control "so much better." What does this mean for games like Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX and Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower? I play the former an awful lot, and it would be great to have a PS2-quality D-pad to play it on.
iamsouledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 iamsouledge
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
Bump
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts
not good at all. with games like sf3 max on the psp where you need to do double qcf motions it's impossible to get the first time around with the analog nub. on the other hand, tekken dark resurrection actually plays pretty well when you use the analog stick, but any of the fighting games on psp that require circular motions to pull off moves are really hard unless you take the time to practice to get the feel of what it's like to do arcade-style motions on the PSP.
Roman_Irishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Roman_Irishman
Member since 2007 • 29493 Posts
About as well as can be expected I guess. I love SFA3 on it, the conrtols may not be the best but in my opinion the still hold up. I mean think back to the Sega days, the d pad on that was not all that great but you could still enjoy the 2D fighters. Infact thats mostly what I played back then (MK and SF.)