How to fix controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gta-sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gta-sa
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
my ps3 controller quit working so is there anyway to fix it.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

my ps3 controller quit working so is there anyway to fix it.gta-sa

No .. unless you have skills in that department.

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

u really gotta give us more details than "it stopped working"

is it dead?

is it not linked to your ps3?

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
my ps3 controller quit working so is there anyway to fix it.gta-sa
Yes I have fixed a broken Sixaxis to work perfectly. I could maybe help you. What doesn't work? Buttons? Sticks?
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
ooo.ooo... maybe I can get some help, my analog stick are being little bastards. The left stick has been so beaten down from cod4 that when I push it down to try and run, it doesn't work. Well it sorta works, you have to hold it down, but it's suppose to work like a switch.....any advice?
ragetage121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ragetage121
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

My ps3 controller's R1 and R2 buttons came out and the stuff that holds it in is out. Does anyone know how to fix it??

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

My ps3 controller's R1 and R2 buttons came out and the stuff that holds it in is out. Does anyone know how to fix it??

ragetage121
take it open and reset them in place i guess...
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="ragetage121"]

haha, yea....it doesnt sound like much but thats really all you can do. And i know what youre talking about, ive taken apart many a controller in my days :p and those little place holder pieces can be a real pain.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="ragetage121"]

haha, yea....it doesnt sound like much but thats really all you can do. And i know what youre talking about, ive taken apart many a controller in my days :p and those little place holder pieces can be a real pain.

ugh. tell me about it... i've lost 2 sixaxis controller to wear and tear since Ps3 launch, and try to put those damn shoulder button back in is ridiculous...
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freham2001
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"] take it open and reset them in place i guess...americahellyeah

ugh. tell me about it... i've lost 2 sixaxis controller to wear and tear since Ps3 launch, and try to put those damn shoulder button back in is ridiculous...

Yea it is. A little piece broke off inside one of mine so i opened it up to get it out...Big mistake... I thought i screwed myself out of a controller.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="freham2001"] haha, yea....it doesnt sound like much but thats really all you can do. And i know what youre talking about, ive taken apart many a controller in my days :p and those little place holder pieces can be a real pain. freham2001

Yea it is. A little piece broke off inside one of mine so i opened it up to get it out...Big mistake... I thought i screwed myself out of a controller.

I did.. it was messed up badly, the right stick only moved left, and the dpad only could use up after i put it back together... sixaxis were crap though... DS3's are much more durable...
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freham2001
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"] ugh. tell me about it... i've lost 2 sixaxis controller to wear and tear since Ps3 launch, and try to put those damn shoulder button back in is ridiculous...americahellyeah

I did.. it was messed up badly, the right stick only moved left, and the dpad only could use up after i put it back together... sixaxis were crap though... DS3's are much more durable...

definitely. I had two sixaxis's, then i bought a ds3 and it felt like that thing could tear down a house and still be in one piece.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="freham2001"] Yea it is. A little piece broke off inside one of mine so i opened it up to get it out...Big mistake... I thought i screwed myself out of a controller.freham2001

definitely. I had two sixaxis's, then i bought a ds3 and it felt like that thing could tear down a house and still be in one piece.

QFT.. i had 2 sixaxis controllers break in 6 months.. i've had my DS3 for a year now and the only thing wrong with it is that the R2 is a little sensitive...
shyne14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shyne14
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
ha ha dut happen to me too......hav u fix it.......n how???
decorogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 decorogers
it is the left analoge stick on thr controller it is hard to move forward on cod5 and doesnt click down properly.
TOMSTER240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TOMSTER240
My controller went dead the other day and i tried to charge it but it wont turn on. And i dont mean that it just wont connect...........I mean that the status lights wont even blink.i've tried everything i can think of. Any advice??
hairless_ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 hairless_ape
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

I've always (ps1, ps2 & ps3 controllers) had problems with the triangle button getting whacked out of alignment and becoming hard to press down.

dragonyoukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dragonyoukai
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
My R1 button randomly stopped working. Could it be because I accidentally sprayed raid on it? But I wiped it off immediately after and all the other buttons work fine. Anything I can do? And it's a sixaxis controller.
TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

open up the controller (small + head) and put everything where it should be.

if its not linking then hit the reset button on the back of the controller.

btw this thread is years old.

imtheone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imtheone123
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
my controller keeps tuning off and sending me to the turn off consel screm how do i fix that
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
Are you kidding? This mess is 3 years old.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="gta-sa"]my ps3 controller quit working so is there anyway to fix it.Chaos_Bladez
Yes I have fixed a broken Sixaxis to work perfectly. I could maybe help you. What doesn't work? Buttons? Sticks?

I got so many PMs after I said this :P
rlightning47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rlightning47
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
can sme1 plz help me i need to fix the r1 button on my ps3 controller so i can play this game can u plz help me
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
I feel obligated to post in this darn thread every time it comes up. If only you people knew. *forever an extremely hilarious inside joke with myself*
loshdosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loshdosh
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The only buttons that work on my Ps3 dual shock controller is the analog sticks, the home button, the start button, the down button, sometimes the up button and select. What is wrong? And what should i do to fix it?
dbaby1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dbaby1987
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i'm having the same problem. i have two different controllers. one wont turn on at all and on the other all buttons work except the x square circle and triangle buttons. can you give sum helpful advice???
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="gta-sa"]my ps3 controller quit working so is there anyway to fix it.Chaos_Bladez

I got so many PMs after I said this :P

I came here to say this, but I guess I already said it over a year ago.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
What is with people resurrecting old topics all of a sudden?
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

WTF is this thread some kind of -level 1 user- magnet? Look at the posting accounts and the times it's been necroe'd, gawd :P

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

You may need to replace the Bluetooth battery. One of my DS3 died. My very first Dualshock 3 controller.. Sigh! I just bought another one. Since it was only $9.00 more to buy another controller brand new. That DS3 still works with the USB cable attached.

So your Battery may have died. Best replace or get a new controller.