How to delete user on PS3 dashboard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

transburgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 transburgh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
So I have a user I can't seem to delete on the PS3 dashboard. The user is on the nav at the far right under "Users" I know about the triangle button that is supposed to have a delete option but it only says "information" So I have done the quick 5 minute HD format, still there. Did the 7 hour full HD format, still there. Reset the settings back to factory, still there. Any ideas on how to get the user off my PS3? TIA ty
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Hey there, its farely easy actually. You can't delete a user account on your PS3 while on another account, its for security reasons. So just log in to the account and simply go under Users in the dashboard and press triangle, and the delete user option will surely be included. If you still need help just ask me. :)

transburgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 transburgh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks VensInferno. I am not sure if it is a completely separate user or a sub-user to my current main user. I tried the only 3 emails I have for the forget the password but PS3 said the emails weren't tied to an account and I don't think you can use one email for 2 accounts so I am lost. Wouldn't a complete HD format get rid of all users on the system? Thanks for your help!! ty
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

No problem man, always glad to help.