How much storage space left on your PS3?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Handin (423 posts) -
I've got 22GB left, probably fill it up pretty quickly.  Thinking of buying a external hard drive. Just curious where everyone else is at.
#2 Posted by RENE2315 (1038 posts) -

what kind of things you got in the ps3 hardrive

Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
#3 Posted by TOTAL_DEFENSE_0 (1192 posts) -
I have about 40GBs left so I'm definitely thinking about upgrading to another Hard Drive cuz I've only had it for about 2 months and im already 20GBs down. I wanna get like a 200GB hard drive.
#4 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -

about 46 or somethin give or take another gb

PS ID: SiRlaFFsAlOt 

#5 Posted by -L-U-I-S- (3665 posts) -
I still got 29 gigs left.  I got everything there: demos, songs (lots), tons of videos some in 720p, and  hundreds and hundreds of HD photos from games
Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
#6 Posted by deactivated-58405e092ba2c (2381 posts) -

about 50 left

#7 Posted by Haseokicksass (4604 posts) -
about 42GB
#8 Posted by Handin (423 posts) -

RENE2315

I have a ton of movies and videos on my PS3. Along with a good amount of MP3s. I use Easy File Web Sharing Server to download any of the files from my PC to my PS3.  Awesome program, you can get it on download.com.  Red Kawa is good too but this one is better in my opinion.  Its really handy if you have a wireless router. Red Kawa is good too but this one is better in my opinion. Its really easy to use also but if you come accross any problems PM and I'll try to get back to you asap. ;)

#9 Posted by micro3000 (114 posts) -
I've got 22GB left, probably fill it up pretty quickly.  Thinking of buying a external hard drive. Just curious where everyone else is at.Handin
19 gig left. You have to consider if all these games have content to load to your hdd like 4 gigs 4 oblivion, it won't take that long for even a 60 gig owner (majority) to fill up a hdd. I've got 4 games with data, 21 or 22 demos/games/PSN content, 84 video clips (many HD), 163 songs, and 18 pictures. That doesn't include all the content that i've been saving to my 5 gigs of flash drives. It's too bad that I can't use my 250 gig drive via USB, which doesn't work probably because it is connected to an external power supply. Someone should post a thread for cheap HDD that can be used on the ps3. At least were luckier than 360 owners that we can easily upgrade our hdd to something over 20 gig without voiding our warranty, although the 120 gig elite is coming out soon. P.S. If you have a 20 gig ps3 please put that in your reply just for clarification.
#10 Posted by immikeulate (350 posts) -
117 gigs left. I bought a 160 gig HDD in december. it was only a $100 on eBay.
#11 Posted by micro3000 (114 posts) -
117 gigs left. I bought a 160 gig HDD in december. it was only a $100 on eBay.immikeulate
How much/what kind of content do you have on it that you take up over 40 gigs for? Edit: didn't realize that it wasn't really that much more (2 gig) in comparison to myself, just the number made it seem much greater.
#12 Posted by uforaverwill (363 posts) -
i think i have like 39 gigs left.
#13 Posted by jimmysCY (234 posts) -

wow are u serious?Ihave only storage about 10 songs and one videoclip.How much space is that?

I've got 22GB left, probably fill it up pretty quickly.  Thinking of buying a external hard drive. Just curious where everyone else is at.Handin

Avatar image for helloeverybody1
#14 Posted by helloeverybody1 (52 posts) -

have a good 35gb left but i constaly delete and add so it wohn't be a problem for me (Ps my computer has lees hard drive space then my PS3 [40gb total on comp and 60gb total on PS3] so i got used to it

#15 Posted by rasstarman (852 posts) -

have a good 35gb left but i constaly delete and add so it wohn't be a problem for me (Ps my computer has lees hard drive space then my PS3 [40gb total on comp and 60gb total on PS3] so i got used to it

helloeverybody1

Wouldn't it be so much better if the PS3 could stream music, video and pics? I don't see how you guys are satisfied with transferring everything to the PS3 drive since it's probably already on your PC.

#16 Posted by Thomasdeleo (1978 posts) -
46 gigs left and I've had it since launch
#17 Posted by ocelotcougar (2099 posts) -

helloeverybody1

I don't see how you could have only 40GB, my computer has 370GB(2 HDDs) and I'm about to buy another.

27GB left on PS3, I have a few demos, and oblivion, the rest is all music.

#18 Posted by BOOnG919 (25 posts) -
damn i got 32gb left :D
#19 Posted by Mcortijo01 (2589 posts) -

I have about 45 gigs left.

PSN- Evac

#20 Posted by Jeffrey17 (443 posts) -
46 gb i think
#21 Posted by StrifeZephyr (315 posts) -
397 GB ;(
#22 Posted by SUPER-ZAHIR (25 posts) -

44GB or somthing

ive got 20 or somthing albums 20 videos or somthin most of the demoes out there

but ive also got an external 160gb hardrive connected with films and stuff on

#23 Posted by choasgod (5710 posts) -

I have 47gb left ...

Im holding off putting too much on the HDD incase i need the space lator ...
     Ohh and how hard / easy is it to upgrade to a 120gb - 160gb HDD asfar as transfering data across ??

#24 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
19 left.  But I moved all my music and pictures to it, so I won't fill the rest up all that quickly at all...and If I have to I'll take songs I never listen to off of it.
#25 Posted by ganagenta (569 posts) -
44GB last time that I've checked.
#26 Posted by romainsimoni (1955 posts) -
Around 40gb left. I have almost all demos available, almost all the downloadable games and some videos from PSN.
#27 Posted by DanC1989 (50952 posts) -
Just a mere 35 GB >_>
#28 Posted by jacintos09 (1466 posts) -
i have like 42 gigs left. i've downloaded most of the demos but i delete the ones i don't like
#29 Posted by chrisius007 (608 posts) -
37gb
#30 Posted by gamerf6 (229 posts) -
37gb
#31 Posted by _PS3_ (25 posts) -
11GB. Planing on getting a bigger HD later
#32 Posted by daveg1 (20396 posts) -

ive got 47:)

but i only turned it on for the first time today.

#33 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -
[QUOTE="helloeverybody1"]

rasstarman

Wouldn't it be so much better if the PS3 could stream music, video and pics? I don't see how you guys are satisfied with transferring everything to the PS3 drive since it's probably already on your PC.

I like to store stuff on the memory because that makes it independent.

#34 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -
oh, yeah. I've got 43 gigs left. Oblivion takes up 4.04 and Resistance takes up .129 and I've got about 250 pictures on the HDD as well. I ripped 139 songs to the memory. I'm surprised at how much space I have left.
#35 Posted by Johnnybegood75 (869 posts) -

how can u tell how many you got left?

#36 Posted by BlackPhoenix45 (475 posts) -

I've got 45gigs left, I have a few demos, the GTA IV HD Trailer, PS1 and PS2 virtual memory card slots, and Resistance Fall Of Man on my PS3. I'm going to upgrade to a 200 or 300GB hard drive soon

---

PSN ID - ImpurePhoen1x 

#37 Posted by jerrt (713 posts) -
32 gigs left
#38 Posted by Lloydy591 (117 posts) -
45gb im keeping it high until home comes :D
#39 Posted by alpax (696 posts) -
I still have 38GB left even after downloading all the demos/trailers/full version casual games thats on the PS Store.
#40 Posted by alpax (696 posts) -

how can u tell how many you got left?

Johnnybegood75

Go to the playstation store and download any trailer. Where it tells you to select the destination, you will see how much free space is availible. There are other ways of finding out, but thats just one on top of my head. 

Avatar image for Password1233456
#41 Posted by Password1233456 (335 posts) -
[QUOTE="RENE2315"]

Handin

I have a ton of movies and videos on my PS3. Along with a good amount of MP3s. I use Easy File Web Sharing Server to download any of the files from my PC to my PS3.  Awesome program, you can get it on download.com.  Red Kawa is good too but this one is better in my opinion.  Its really handy if you have a wireless router. Red Kawa is good too but this one is better in my opinion. Its really easy to use also but if you come accross any problems PM and I'll try to get back to you asap. ;)

i work in the Redundant Deptartment at the Redundant Deptartment. 
#42 Posted by coolasj19 (2758 posts) -

40GB

oh and guys is there a way i can change my harddrive and keep al the 9 discs of music and 33 video files without using my computer. is there a way i can transfer all of that to the new harddrive 

#43 Posted by JordanKid (1231 posts) -
I have like 28gb left...i have a little tiny bit used for games on the HDD but then i got TONSSSS of cds i put on...including every single Metallica album..woo!..then some demos and trailers
#44 Posted by solidscryer (5661 posts) -
40 or 41 GB.
#45 Posted by chrislovesdana (38 posts) -
I hooked up my Western Digital 160GB right off the bat for music and video.
#46 Posted by dboy482 (202 posts) -
less than 50gb
#47 Posted by falconzss (755 posts) -
20 gb left. YDL installed + stuff from the playstation store
#48 Posted by cmr_ps3 (410 posts) -

about 42GBHaseokicksass

same here

#49 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -
so how do you win? someone has to have used up all the space?
#50 Posted by bgj887 (643 posts) -
77 gigs