How much bride money does it take to buy a PS3 that will last

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YSLGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YSLGuru
Member since 2010 • 51 Posts
I've been thru 2 PS3's already and both crashed with BluRay drive failures after between 3 and 4 months of regular game play. Before I spoend another $150 to $00 on a third PS3 I'd like to know if anyone knows if there is an extar $XX one can bribe SONY with to get a system that is not set to break down after a few months of use. I'd been willing to pay extra back when I bought the first PS3 if it meant the thing would last more then 100 days. I would simply by a warranty but I already did that and still got the shaft. I had my second PS3 for about 22 months before I was able to play it on any regular bais and just like clockwork, it died with the same drive failure issue as the first after me and my kids tsrated playing it on a regular basis (more then 2 hours a week). Its almost as if there was some kind of clock or counter in it that would signal a self destruct of drive after X hours of play in Y days of time. If you are a stock holder in SONY its great because this is like getting unsusected users to rent the systems at ridiculously high rates and all the while they believe they are actually buying the thing. I mean what good other then being a paper weight is a game console if the darn mechanism for which you load games on it will not even work? I guess we could lok at on line gaming ata an additional extra $$$ per month. Man SONY has really corner the market with this thing.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Just fix it yourself buy a PS3 laser lens off ebay and fix n save money. It voids your warranty.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

What?

3 - 4 months means it was still under the 12 month warranty and no big deal. Maybe you live in a country where the warranty is not in effect in which case I feel for ya. But if your buying used or voiding your warranty that's on you and I can't help but feel like this thread is a joke.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

normally i'd come in here and tell you to buy a slim, but its obvious you're just here to ***** about it so....yeah.

but i'll be nice for some reason and tell you to get a slim. they have shown to be very reliable so far.