How many of you completed The Last Of Us on Survival mode ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I have currently progressing throught the story on this difficulty (making my way to the bridge where you soon meet Sam and Henry). I have to admit that having to re-uprgrade your weapons, no hearing mode, less ammo and health, and loosing your life quicker nad having to really sneak around and save ammo and use sneak kills and melee attacks actually makes the game more challenging and enjoyable. Once I complete this mode I am going on easy mode and trying to get all hidden items and notes. This game packs a good challenge including getting trophies.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I've only finished my first playthrough, but I kind of look forward to trying out survivor. I tried not to whore out listening mode my first time around, but I'm probably going to miss it. I hear they really cut your supplies though, especially with the materials for a shiv. Anyway, I'll try it out sometime. Seems do-able, thanks to the friendly checkpoints, but still a fair challenge.
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
I've taken a break from it because I've beaten it twice on normal mode and normal+. Will do survivor or hard mode in a few weeks.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh......about that..
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Played it on Normal, and IMO the game isn't worthy enough of a second playthrough. I'll let it collect dust until I'm done with more impending games, then try out some TLOU multiplayer and if I feel like it, I might give it a try if my mind stops having average feelings about it and I feel upto collecting some trophies. The only game I've ever played twice was Crisis Core, and it's one of the best games OF ALL TIME.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
survival mode wasnt that difficult.... i mean i certainly died, but most of the time it was because i just charged in and went about a fight completely wrong. it does basically force you to atleast use stealth to thin the pack and then you can go balls out.
Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts

Survivor Mode was a great difficulty, it constantly kept me on my toes. Such heart-racing moments running from infected with no health kits and no ammo :p I managed to beat it twice and got the Platinum trophy.

PresidentLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PresidentLogan
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

I have beat it on Survivor and Survivor Plus. I just need to get the Online trophies to Platinum it. I did start the online story but I have moved on to No Ni Kuni. I will get back to it though...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I played it on easy.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I started on Hard and turned off listening mode from the beginning so when I went back and did survivor it was similar but still tougher. The game actually isn't as hard as one would think on Survivor because the less ammo you have the more you get from enemies. So I've used all my ammo in some fights and still wound up with more than when I started. I've stealth through some sections and used a bit of ammo and then wound up with less than I started. Since materials aren't affected by this you will be limited in that department which means its probably better using up your ammo instead of items. You can barely find enough materials to make shivs for the doors so theres a tough choice there too. If you get spotted you are pretty much screwed if you weren't prepared mentally to fight them, of course you should have the option to run away which is always best because this isn't Uncharted. 

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
Completed survivor+ a few weeks back. Enjoyed the challenge.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Young_Charter

I have beat it on Survivor and Survivor Plus. I just need to get the Online trophies to Platinum it. I did start the online story but I have moved on to No Ni Kuni. I will get back to it though...

PresidentLogan
I heard Ni No Kuni is great. I have to grab that
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
not even going to try it on Survival.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I did my first playthrough on Hard, then my second on Survivor for all collectibles, and survivor NG+ to get the last trophy for platinum. I haven't played SP on anything below Hard and wouldn't dream of it, Hard felt like Normal in most games and survivor is pretty easy too when you know how.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="cooldust"]I did my first playthrough on Hard, then my second on Survivor for all collectibles, and survivor NG+ to get the last trophy for platinum. I haven't played SP on anything below Hard and wouldn't dream of it, Hard felt like Normal in most games and survivor is pretty easy too when you know how.

I agree. I did beat the game first on hard mode. Now survival is now my second play through.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I played it on Hard my 3rd playthrough, and that was a great survival horror experience. I had no interest in going for Survivor though. Unlike others, I felt Listen Mode was an integral (and realistic) part of the game... didn't care to play without it.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
My banal generic tips to anyone about to try: Manage your supplies wisely, as compared to the other difficulties the amount of supplies you can receive is significantly reduced. My other personal tip: it's better you don't craft health packs often because Ellie seems to provide you with one when you're low and empty. Replay sections on easier difficulties before starting survival mode just to get a basic memorization of the level layouts, as enemy counts don't change. It helps to practice on easier difficulties without using listen mode too. If you can stealth your way through a section without killing everyone, go for it. During the infected levels, all infected types seem to be able to detect you more easily. Crouch walk as slow as you can. If you can avoid killing any clickers or bloaters, you should go for it since I recommend you save shivs for opening locked supply closets and molotovs/ammo for humans.

The hotel basement and sewers are even worse than you remember, now that you have no listen mode to tell where those piece of shit stalkers are. If you don't high five Ellie at the university, she will leave Joel to die when he gets impaled. The credits roll after that and you will get your trophy and Survivor+ difficulty without having to complete the Winter and Spring sections.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"] If you don't high five Ellie at the university, she will leave Joel to die when he gets impaled. The credits roll after that and you will get your trophy and Survivor+ difficulty without having to complete the Winter and Spring sections.

Haaaaaaaaa, really?
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"] If you don't high five Ellie at the university, she will leave Joel to die when he gets impaled. The credits roll after that and you will get your trophy and Survivor+ difficulty without having to complete the Winter and Spring sections.

Haaaaaaaaa, really?

But still, there is a death scene in the Firefly hospital that could've worked as an alternate ending...
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Finished survivor. Had a lot of trouble with the sniper section in the village. I had a small health bar and nothing left, exept 2 gun bullets. I got killed there like a thousand times. I've started on surivor + now, but I've lost interest a bit...

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
I plan on playing on Survival Mode my second playthrough of the game.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I'll get around to it eventually.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Young_Charter

Finished survivor. Had a lot of trouble with the sniper section in the village. I had a small health bar and nothing left, exept 2 gun bullets. I got killed there like a thousand times. I've started on surivor + now, but I've lost interest a bit...

zekere
Same here. The Village was quite a pain.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Finished it on survival mode though I kinda glitched the game. I glitched the game into letting me do a new game + on survival mode from a normal game. Even with my previous upgrades I still found it hard to finish the game, main reason being the resources being so scarce.

derrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 derrange
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

Game is stealth all the way on survivor mode, just try to avoid any battle if you have that opportunity.

Finished game on hard, can't wait to do it again on survivor.

3D3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 3D3
Member since 2005 • 762 Posts

Easy game throughout, love Survivor mode. Platinumed it a while ago.