This topic is locked from further discussion.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
Hi guys id like to know how many times ur PS3 has frozen and since when u have it, to see how common this annoyance is lol. I have almost a month with mine and has frozen 3 times (with elder scrolls).
FatCat360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FatCat360
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
None since Assassins Creed then I had 6.
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
4 i think..it seems like its some what of a software issue though also..
if old mate has had 6 since assasins creed..just chunks up.. i guess!?
Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Twice, once in nhl 08 and once online in cod4. I haven't played my assassin's creed yet cuz I'm still playing cod4.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DealRogers

4 i think..it seems like its some what of a software issue though also..
if old mate has had 6 since assasins creed..just chunks up.. i guess!?hilltops

lol ya, i think that AC issue is pretty comon isn it, anyways im getting that game later. i dont like freezes... 3 times in a month, but that is cuz the software true?

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
actually since i got the 2.00 update my ps3 has frozen ALOT.. i got it in june or july, and it was fine untill that update and i started playing CoD4.. now it'll sometimes freze when i go to the sign in button or even just pushing left or right on the xmb... is this a problem with the 2.00 firmware update or what?
beavisofcod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beavisofcod2
Member since 2007 • 445 Posts
never had any freezes until i played Assassin's Creed, first time i had to restart the system manually in the middle of a game
bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
none up to this point.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DealRogers

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"]actually since i got the 2.00 update my ps3 has frozen ALOT.. i got it in june or july, and it was fine untill that update and i started playing CoD4.. now it'll sometimes freze when i go to the sign in button or even just pushing left or right on the xmb... is this a problem with the 2.00 firmware update or what?[/QUOTE

thats why i havent updated it yet mine is still 1.93, i fear of those 2.0 issues

Xionethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xionethic
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
had 2.0 since first day, never froze
Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

How many freezes (there's no such word as frozes)? Hmm...With WarHawk it froze (the past tense of freeze - for those who didn't know) about 5 times. That was the only game it happened on until I loaded up Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed froze about 6 or 7 times for me so far. All my other PS3 titles work without freezing so I'm guessing it's bad code on the part of those two games.

Xionethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xionethic
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

How many freezes (there's no such word as frozes)? Hmm...With WarHawk it froze (the past tense of freeze - for those who didn't know) about 5 times. That was the only game it happened on untilI loaded up Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed froze about 6 or 7 times for me so far. All my other PS3 titles work without freezing so I'm guessing it's bad code on the part of those two games.

Teyon

could you be more picky? lol "it did'nt ever freeze"

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

My PS3 has froze 3 times in games. it froze last night playing COD4 but my room was roasting hot which isn't to good for the PS3.

It has froze a couple of time due to updates not taking for Motorstorm.

The game froze a few times when playing the 360 version of Oblivion so i think its a bigger problemwiththis game no matter what system it is on.

Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
[QUOTE="Teyon"]

How many freezes (there's no such word as frozes)? Hmm...With WarHawk it froze (the past tense of freeze - for those who didn't know) about 5 times. That was the only game it happened on untilI loaded up Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed froze about 6 or 7 times for me so far. All my other PS3 titles work without freezing so I'm guessing it's bad code on the part of those two games.

Xionethic

could you be more picky? lol "it did'nt ever freeze"

lol, I've just done a lot of forum hopping tonight and got a little tired of english speakers really messing up the language. A typo or two, no problem, I can deal with that. I also don't mind internet slang that often but it just caught me at the wrong moment. :) I guess I was a bit snippy though, eh?

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Hay I got to play some AC some on my own machine. But I still feel, its just an okish game thow. With all around Horrid "just bad" graphics. And I got Drakes also. Drakes is amazing. But not perfect either graphics wise. But I dont see the tears and slow down at all. Just a tad bit of blur every tiny once in a while. And it runs at a great! Frame Rate. And that game is friking amazing. But neither has froze, and Im sure Drakes wont. One thing may be key to what someone else said also. Im not plugged in online while playing these. And I have yet to have any 2.0 probs? But again Im on a 80GB now. I think all who have probs should give their specs and stuff, so we can try and figure this out. And as I said, I Play AC offline! Ok now back to Drakes,

Good posting all! And one great game!!!

PS Blows the demo version away!!!!!

DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"]actually since i got the 2.00 update my ps3 has frozen ALOT.. i got it in june or july, and it was fine untill that update and i started playing CoD4.. now it'll sometimes freze when i go to the sign in button or even just pushing left or right on the xmb... is this a problem with the 2.00 firmware update or what?[/QUOTE

thats why i havent updated it yet mine is still 1.93, i fear of those 2.0 issues

DealRogers
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

Ratchet & Clank froze once on me and COD4 did online(think that was during those server issues) similar to warhawk freeze.

Other than that Assassin's Creed froze on me again last night totalling 8 times now.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

[QUOTE="hilltops"]4 i think..it seems like its some what of a software issue though also..
if old mate has had 6 since assasins creed..just chunks up.. i guess!?DealRogers

lol ya, i think that AC issue is pretty comon isn it, anyways im getting that game later. i dont like freezes... 3 times in a month, but that is cuz the software true?

For Assassin's Creed the issue is in the Software because the 360 is having the same issues.

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

Hi guys id like to know how many times ur PS3 has frozen and since when u have it, to see how common this annoyance is lol. I have almost a month with mine and has frozen 3 times (with elder scrolls). DealRogers

Over all it froze 2 times with oblivion and 1 time with fight night. But ever since i got Assassins creed it froze every day. I turn on the game. I play it for 10 minutes and it stops. I then restart and play again and it works for hours. But if i turn it off and i come back again then i have to go through the same cycle. W8 for it to stop and then restart and play again for as long as i want. Really weird.

m-m-f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 m-m-f
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts

1- it was only freezes when i play Need4Speed carbon ( in an online game , seconds before the game starts if i pressed the (X) button so many times it freeeeeezes ) !!!
2- about three times ( lately ) !!
3- after i updated to (2.00) and before i disabled the information board !