How long will it take for the PS3 price go down to the USD 300-250 range?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juric
Member since 2004 • 812 Posts

My guess is in 2 years time? Dont have a lot of disposable income right now but I am willing to buy a PS3 just for MGS4 and COD4. USD 300-250 is just within my budget...

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Just for that? I suggest you don't buy it at all.
Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
a long time...
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

My guess is in 2 years time? Dont have a lot of disposable income right now but I am willing to buy a PS3 just for MGS4 and COD4. USD 300-250 is just within my budget...

Juric

All you can do is save up man. That's what I did and I have a not so great income myself, came to $752 Canadian after tax. For it to get down to 300 you'll be waiting a long time. Well with the cost of making the system itself, the games and all, I'd say with that price tag you're look at 4 years min. At this point and time, 300 is a dream of wishful thinking. You can save up a couple months or so and get it this year. I myself saved up 2 pay checks and used my income tax refund and I basicly broke just enough to get it with like $15 to spare.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Sony needs to realize that a lot of people are waiting to buy the PS3 for mainly two reasons: the games and the price. Since Sony doesn't really have much control over games unless it is the ones that they overlook, they should concentrate more on the price of the console, trying to appeal to the consumer. Hopefully, this gen has forced Sony to realize that while the namebrand can be strong, it does have its limitations. All that I am trying to say here is that Sony should try to lower the price down to possibly $400 (for the NA region) to at least compete with the 360 (even though they had a price cut recently). The 360 is pushing out its big seller out this fall, while Sony is keeping its big guns for the next year (MGS4 to name one). If Sony can lower its price down to a level that has been acceptable to the people (such as the $400 price range that the 360 started out with) along with providing great gaming content, then Sony has a better chance of succeeding then if they did nothing.

Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juric

hmmm 4 years? By that time the PS4 would most probably be out already... ALL THE LEFTOVER STOCKS OF GAMES WILL BE MINE AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE! hehehe...

I dont mind waiting 4 years for something that I dont need...

Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juric

Just for that? I suggest you don't buy it at all.aznfool07

I thought it is called the PS720?

CaptCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaptCharisma
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

Well, your best bet is to just save up... Or you could use eBay.

I had a bunch of wrestling dvd's lying around for the past few years, so I decided to get rid of them on eBay, and I made over $300. Then I sold my GBA advance for $28 bucks, and I got an ATI All-in-Wonder Card that's gonna probably sell for about $177 through $200, and it's got about 1 1/2 days left on it.

So basically, if you got any stuff lying around that you don't won't, just try and sell it, 'cause you can make some good money sometimes. I didn't think I would like it or make that much, but it turned out great, and now I can get my PS3 in a few days just from eBay. Good luck!:D

Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juric

Well, your best bet is to just save up... Or you could use eBay.

I had a bunch of wrestling dvd's lying around for the past few years, so I decided to get rid of them on eBay, and I made over $300. Then I sold my GBA advance for $28 bucks, and I got an ATI All-in-Wonder Card that's gonna probably sell for about $177 through $200, and it's got about 1 1/2 days left on it.

So basically, if you got any stuff lying around that you don't won't, just try and sell it, 'cause you can make some good money sometimes. I didn't think I would like it or make that much, but it turned out great. Good luck!:D

CaptCharisma

Mmm ebay... good idea.

But I am alsofeeling of purchasing an air rifle, try to learn to put lead at one place on a target over 200M away. Aside from being cheaper than a gunpowder propelled counterpart, it does not need yearly liscence renewal where I am right now...

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
I'd say 2 years is about right to hit $300. But if you are creative you could get one now for around $300 to $350. Since you do have income you can sign up for a Sony credit card and get $150 credit when you buy something over $299 at Sonystyle.com. Buy a ps3 for $557(may be less depending on the tax rate of where you live). $557- $150 (they will apply it to your credit card in 8-10 weeks and use it to buy essentials like gas and food) = $407 -$70 (send in for the five free bluray movies and sell them on ebay. You should get at least $70 for them) = $337. They are also suppose to give you $8 in sony reward dollars for every $100 you spend. So you should get $40 worth. I dunno if you can exchange it for cash back but if you can that is a ps3 for $297. If you have a ps2 sell that on ebay for $60 to $70 and you are looing at $237.
Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juric
Or maybe I should sell a kidney or part of my liver... how much do those parts sell nowadays?
Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

Juric

CoD5 will be out by then.

Avatar image for videogameplaya2
videogameplaya2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 videogameplaya2
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

I would guess about 6 years.

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
im 13 years old and i saved up 809 bucks by selling my junk at home...
LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts

Just for that? I suggest you don't buy it at all.aznfool07

Get it for way more games then that! Not just 2 or something like that.

GO PS3WII

grantstewart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 grantstewart
Member since 2002 • 760 Posts
If Microsoft drops price again in 6 months and still has the 2 game bundle that got leaked from their press site, we may see a Sony price drop sooner than you think.
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts

Sony needs to realize that a lot of people are waiting to buy the PS3 for mainly two reasons: the games and the price. Since Sony doesn't really have much control over games unless it is the ones that they overlook, they should concentrate more on the price of the console, trying to appeal to the consumer. Hopefully, this gen has forced Sony to realize that while the namebrand can be strong, it does have its limitations. All that I am trying to say here is that Sony should try to lower the price down to possibly $400 (for the NA region) to at least compete with the 360 (even though they had a price cut recently). The 360 is pushing out its big seller out this fall, while Sony is keeping its big guns for the next year (MGS4 to name one). If Sony can lower its price down to a level that has been acceptable to the people (such as the $400 price range that the 360 started out with) along with providing great gaming content, then Sony has a better chance of succeeding then if they did nothing.

StrifeDelivery
Well if you look at this year's lineup for ps3, then even still sony is setting itself up with some great games, that will add to the big guns. Essentially, people will end up splurging every holiday season, and since some of the great games will already be out this holiday season 07' (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Lair, Warhawk, Socom Confrontation, Uncharted, etc..), the price of about 500 will be justified and with games like MGS 4 around the corner in early 08', there is a good chance that ps3 may come out on top this holiday season or at least do better than 360. Essentially sony is delivering on the game aspect, but the $400 price range will be a few months or until they release another model.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
6 years let the truth be told people are cheap as it is the system is for a great price think about it what you get with it
Juric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juric

I'd say 2 years is about right to hit $300. But if you are creative you could get one now for around $300 to $350. Since you do have income you can sign up for a Sony credit card and get $150 credit when you buy something over $299 at Sonystyle.com. Buy a ps3 for $557(may be less depending on the tax rate of where you live). $557- $150 (they will apply it to your credit card in 8-10 weeks and use it to buy essentials like gas and food) = $407 -$70 (send in for the five free bluray movies and sell them on ebay. You should get at least $70 for them) = $337. They are also suppose to give you $8 in sony reward dollars for every $100 you spend. So you should get $40 worth. I dunno if you can exchange it for cash back but if you can that is a ps3 for $297. If you have a ps2 sell that on ebay for $60 to $70 and you are looing at $237.crck

Is this what you did? Sounds too good to be true...

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GeneralX84
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts
dude, get a used if you can't afford a new at the moment