How long until PS4 restock?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SolidIngram (62 posts) -

Seeing how the PS4 will be sold out at launch, how long do you think until there will be a restock. Also is there anymore news on The 500$ Killzone ShadowFall bundle?

#2 Edited by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

Well in the uk were on phase 3 i believe which are sold out and that gets us from the 29th till christmas.

Your'll prob be able to pick one up end of november if not a week after launch i'd of thought

you lot have a lot more retailers than we do.

#3 Posted by jukev2424 (269 posts) -

I would be surprised if there is a large restock before christmas. other than that, think there will be stores that get a handful here and there. Not sure about the killzone bundle

#4 Posted by SolidIngram (62 posts) -

Ok thanks

#5 Edited by dalger21 (1999 posts) -

I'm guessing shortly after Thanksgiving if not in time for Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving here in the US).

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#6 Edited by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -

Despite what many out of touch with the average consumer fans would lead you to believe the PS4 will probably be in decent supply in US retailers at least around mid to late December at the worst. It's still a $400 new console that requires a $50 subscription yearly and a $60 second controller along with a lineup of ports that people can already play on the consoles they already have. Its not like Killzone has ever been a system seller either so I doubt it causes it to sell out past November on its own either (in the US)

You should probably be able to walk into a store and get a PS4 in mid-December. I'm looking forward to picking mine up at launch day and then laughing at all the idiots trying to sell PS4 units at high prices thinking they will be sold out and then losing money on their investment.

#7 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

When the PS3 was hard to find, they were available around early to mid January as I recall. However, I read that Sony has actually delayed their Japanese launch in order to get more units to the US since they know they have Japan in the bag, so it may be a better situation this time. Best option is probably to get on the wait list at Amazon or some other vendor.

#8 Posted by dalger21 (1999 posts) -

@donalbane said:

When the PS3 was hard to find, they were available around early to mid January as I recall. However, I read that Sony has actually delayed their Japanese launch in order to get more units to the US since they know they have Japan in the bag, so it may be a better situation this time. Best option is probably to get on the wait list at Amazon or some other vendor.

Sony has stated that they will have some units available at launch in stores.

#9 Posted by SolidIngram (62 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

@donalbane said:

That would be pretty sweet

#10 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

If you're in the U.S, Wal-Mart is guaranteeing you get a console before December 25th.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?_be_switches=soft_sort_v3:on&Find=Find&_refineresult=true&ic=16_0&search_constraint=0&search_query=ps4&cat_id=2636_1040580&QLV2=true

#11 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

@donalbane said:

That's good news, but if it were me, I'd rather sit back and wait for it to come in the mail... I am done with lining up and hoping for the best. I mean, great if they are in abundance, but I have my doubts.

#12 Posted by shellcase86 (3638 posts) -

I would say after mid-January you should be able to find them readily available.

#13 Posted by dalger21 (1999 posts) -

@donalbane said:

That's good news, but if it were me, I'd rather sit back and wait for it to come in the mail... I am done with lining up and hoping for the best. I mean, great if they are in abundance, but I have my doubts.

I would say your best bet is to check out obscure places like Toys R Us or Sam's Club. They may or may not have it on launch day. I'm just waiting til next year, spring time to get one or right around the time Watch Dogs comes out. I've never stood in line for a console and I won't start now. Nothing states that you HAVE to have a PS4 on launch day.

#14 Posted by clr84651 (5634 posts) -

I preordered one the first day possible from GStop and then another 3 weeks after that at GStop. I haven't heard of anywhere taking preorders since.

#15 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

There are places that aren't accepting preorders that you can go to on launch day. Target, for example, will have a stock of PS4s available first-come first-serve at launch as well as a 'Buy 2 PS4 games and get 1 free' deal.

#16 Edited by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

Several retailers will have stock of the PS4, but not until after the shopping holiday rush, which is usually around Black Friday here in the US. Hopefully, shortly after, there will be PS4's for everyone.

#17 Posted by LordSharpie (25 posts) -

Go to amazon now. As of 12:00am they have ps4 available for 399.99

#18 Posted by SpiderLuke (718 posts) -

I bought one on Amazon just now. No preorders or waiting.

#19 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2549 posts) -

I'd think stores will have them in decent stock in a couple of weeks (same for the One after it launches). Neither system has a big system seller game so I don't see them being completely out of stock for an extended period of time. At least I hope not, I'm looking to get one around the end of November or beginning of December so I can have it ready for Christmas.

Avatar image for daemon_knight77
#20 Edited by daemon_knight77 (25 posts) -

Go out shop around. I think they will be readily available in a timely manner. I picked mine up at Target this morning with no hassle. Ten people camped out. I actually showed up at 8am did my shopping and was surprised that an hour after opening there were still 10 left. I think Sony has done a good job keeping up with the demand during launch. Hopefully Microsoft will do the same.

#21 Edited by ominous_titan (1217 posts) -

i found mine sitting on a shelf,these are not in short supply

#22 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@ominous_titan said:

i found mine sitting on a shelf,these are not in short supply

Send that pic to Jack Tretton and claim your $1,000

#23 Edited by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Well, PS4's are avialable on amazon and every single retailer than has electronics in my town is stocked on PS4s.

#24 Posted by BH14 (1927 posts) -

I am checking amazon right now at 1:29 PM EASTERN TIME and Amazon doesn't have any available. It says "Sign up to be notified when this items becomes available".

#25 Edited by Rusteater (4080 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Well, PS4's are avialable on amazon and every single retailer than has electronics in my town is stocked on PS4s.

Just curious... where are you located?

#26 Edited by ominous_titan (1217 posts) -

@KHAndAnime: what do you mean?ill take a 1000$ ha

#27 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@Rusteater: Kansas