How long does battery last?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

How long does the PSP's battery last when only listening to music?

Howbout when playing games?

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
I think it's supposed to be 10+ hrs for plain music. For games it's approx 5hrs....depending on how graphically intense the game is. I haven't actually measured it out myself.
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PotatoSan

hmm. I never really thought about getting a psp, but since my mp3 player broke yesterday, I might get one.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts

hmm. I never really thought about getting a psp, but since my mp3 player broke yesterday, I might get one.

PotatoSan
PSP is not a good replacement for an MP3 player. That's what I thought. OH i get to play music and watch movies and play games! It was the most waste of money ever in my life.
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts
I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.
basilbasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 basilbasil
Member since 2006 • 1782 Posts

I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.sthadji

A.) It can shuffle.

B.) If you want more memory, get a bigger data stick. They don't cost much. I got a 4 GB one for £20.

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts

[QUOTE="sthadji"]I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.basilbasil

A.) It can shuffle.

B.) If you want more memory, get a bigger data stick. They don't cost much. I got a 4 GB one for £20.

Where from?

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
I checked my PSP last time it was fully charged it only has about 6:55 left on it.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
Three hours (Approx) for games anything else I can't tell you since I just use PSP for games.
Avatar image for plumbervspirate
plumbervspirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 plumbervspirate
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
My PSP runs for about 7-8 hours fully charged when I am playing a game...that is mostly the only thing I use my PSP for though, so I am not sure about the battery life when listening to music, although I wouldn't reccomend buying a PSP solely for music.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

My PSP runs for about 7-8 hours fully charged when I am playing a game...that is mostly the only thing I use my PSP for though, so I am not sure about the battery life when listening to music, although I wouldn't reccomend buying a PSP solely for music.plumbervspirate

You've gota have a custom/bigger battery.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

Like the others have said, about 4-8 hours while playinga game (depends how graphically "intense" it is) and 10 hours while listening to music.

I will say that buying a PSP just for music is a good idea, especially since you have the flexibility of doing so much more with it. It's a great "all-in-one" device. Simply buy card that's about 4 gigs and that's more than enough music you would ever need. I have a 2gb memory stick and use it in my car (I commute 2 hours both ways daily) and always have more than enough music.I of course also use it for games and limited internet use. It has all the features any other MP3 player has.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PotatoSan

Memory shouldn't be a problem because my mp3 player only had 520 mb anyways and I never even used up half of it (i get bored of songs easily.)

and i found out that it isn't completely broken anyways... i just gotta reset it everytime i want to put new songs in.

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 PSP_DSL_ROX
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

I just charged a new PSP today and when I checked the battery after only a minute or so of setting it up, it said 8:06 for battery.

Of course age, what you are doing, etc. will all make a difference in how long it lasts.

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts
4-5 hours for games and videos.  prolly like 8 for music.  What kind of mp3 player did you have?  PSP is no ipod replacement and is especially poor if you are running or working out.  However if you just want to listen to some tunes while at school or on the bus, and are satisfied with 1-4gb, it works quite well.
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts

Memory shouldn't be a problem because my mp3 player only had 520 mb anyways and I never even used up half of it (i get bored of songs easily.)

and i found out that it isn't completely broken anyways... i just gotta reset it everytime i want to put new songs in.

PotatoSan

my b shoudl have read.  yea sounds like psp would be a good choice for you then.  I highly doubt you would be let down by it's mp3 capabilities and it should have more than enough room for you.  You may only need 256 for the music but be sure to at least get a gig so you can put videos/movies on it.
babzdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 babzdb
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts
when i play online games 3 to 4 hrs offline games maybe 5 or a little better. Music probaly most of the day if you are traveling or whatever you do just pick up a extra battery then you should be able to make a day without charging
Jorlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 Jorlen
Member since 2007 • 1013 Posts

Playing games, for me lasts about 3-4 hours, which is quite good actually. More than enough till I can get to a charging point. If it's not enough then I'd recommend a spare battery.

As far as music goes, no idea, I only use my PSP for games. But if you shut your screen off while listening to music, I'd say 10+ hours for sure.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
For GTA it lasts about 3 hours, and for music it lasts about 8-10 hours.
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts

[QUOTE="sthadji"]I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.basilbasil

A.) It can shuffle.

Really? That's awesome. How do you do it? I only had my PSP for four days, so I haven't discovered that yet. Also, 4GB is still limited because I also want to put videos on it.

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts

[QUOTE="plumbervspirate"]My PSP runs for about 7-8 hours fully charged when I am playing a game...that is mostly the only thing I use my PSP for though, so I am not sure about the battery life when listening to music, although I wouldn't reccomend buying a PSP solely for music.death1505921

Yeah - this guy is way off - the PSP does not play games for 7-8 hours - THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE.

I don't think he has a spare battery or anything or he would have mentioned it.

The PSP can last like 3-5 hours playing games.

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts
[QUOTE="death1505921"]

[QUOTE="plumbervspirate"]My PSP runs for about 7-8 hours fully charged when I am playing a game...that is mostly the only thing I use my PSP for though, so I am not sure about the battery life when listening to music, although I wouldn't reccomend buying a PSP solely for music.Jason_A

Yeah - this guy is way off - the PSP does not play games for 7-8 hours - THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE.

I don't think he has a spare battery or anything or he would have mentioned it.

The PSP can last like 3-5 hours playing games.

yep 3-5 hours, and try not to keep the backlight level so high also.

hedgehogmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 hedgehogmaster
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.sthadji

Wow, I would have though that it would last longer than five hours. I could easily spend five hours playing games each day during the summer.

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts

[QUOTE="sthadji"]I would agree that the PSP is not such a great replacement for an MP3 mainly due to its inability to shuffle songs and because of it's fairly limited memory. It's battery doesn't last as long as I thought, since it only goes approximately five hours when continuously gaming. When listening to music though, I would think it would go much longer than that.hedgehogmaster

Wow, I would have though that it would last longer than five hours. I could easily spend five hours playing games each day during the summer.

Well i have never taken my PSP outside.

So i never have a battery problem, since i can charge and play it, if the battery runs out.

southalman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 southalman
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts
one minute
CastleBomb44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CastleBomb44
Member since 2005 • 416 Posts
Oh a full charge 5.XX hours. Playing games like GTA load alot and that drains your battery. Personally I knept readying about how bad that battery life was but I really havn't noticed unless I go on a road trip. Ya, I forgot where I found it but I think the movies name was Killing Time. The freaking movie is free and it comes formatted for the PSP. Not an awesome movie by a long shot. I still enjoyed it