How is Darksiders??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Games_Guy
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

So how is the game?? But more importantly, how long is the story?? And is there any other modes besides story??

Thanks

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
From everything I have heard the game is great and better on the PS3 because there is no screen tearing. I don't know the length and I am assuming it only has the story mode.
BMAC520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BMAC520
Member since 2004 • 310 Posts

The game is fun, I like the way the world is set up and the combat is fun and addicting. As far as the story I have no clue as I haven't beaten it yet, but I've heard around the 20 hour range, again just heard. As far as any other modes there isn't any other modes at the start of the game other than the campaign, not sure if you can unlock anything though, but the campaign is where this game is it. Fun, cool story, badass hero

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Watching videos on this game. This barely seems like a rent at best.

Especially with the likes of Dante's Inferno and God Of War 3. It seems like "the third wheel".

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Im enjoying the game so far. story is entertaining and the art style is good(has a WoW influence). Im still on the 1st boss so I cant tell how long the story is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Th e graphics are bad, the combat seems repetive, was fun for the first few hrs now gertting boring.

blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts

I beat it it took about 18 hours. I loved it had a decent challange to it but the way the game ended just

[spoiler] just leaves you wanting more its one of the best endings ive seen normally I hate endings but they did it right granted a lil cheezy dialoge. [spoiler]

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

The game is really fun, though the graphics could have been improved.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I'm really loving it. I find it very addictive. Once I get started I can't put it down for hours and hours. My wife is getting pretty upset about Darksiders right now. lol. Anyway the story is really cool with some pretty cool characters. Ulthane is a beast. The onlything I find wrong with the graphics is a lack of decent Anti-Aliasing. The artwork, level designs, and the amount of detail are great. The battle system is not the best but its quite worthy. There aren't a lot of combos and once you find a few you like you may just end up spamming the hell out of them. Depends on your playstyle, I guess. So far I've put in over 15hours and I've just got to the 4th "dungeon." I'm expecting to get at least 20 hours if not more out of this game. If you like Zelda, Metroid, Batman AA or any of those adventure games that require you to collect new gadgets as you go to progress through the world then you will enjoy this. Its a hell of a lot of fun.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Yeah the lack of anti-aliasing is just lackluster. God of War HD Collection looks cleaner than this game. Other than that, it's a very good game. Highly addictive.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEldestGod
Yeah the lack of anti-aliasing is just lackluster. God of War HD Collection looks cleaner than this game. Elian2530
Sad but true... :(
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Im 2 hours in and Im glad I purchased this game because its a really fun game.

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 canoecamue
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

Especially with the likes of Dante's Inferno and God Of War 3. It seems like "the third wheel".

Denji
Dantes is kinda lame, the poor mans GoW. Tho im only judging from the demo. I do suggest you give it a shot, even if it is a rental.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="canoecamue"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Dantes is kinda lame, the poor mans GoW. Tho im only judging from the demo. I do suggest you give it a shot, even if it is a rental.

Yeah, to me Dante feels more like the 3rd wheel. Seriously.
_Telimtor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Telimtor_
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

Zelda + Angels & Demons = Darksiders

Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Whale_
Member since 2010 • 331 Posts

Denji

I second this. I will probably be renting this rather than wasting 60 dollars. Just looks like a regular game, nothing to out of the ordinary.

i_love_lucy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i_love_lucy
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

Denji
From what ive heard and seen besides from the combat system this game is nothing like GOW or DI so its not a third wheel it stands on its own.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Whale_

[QUOTE="Denji"]

i_love_lucy

From what ive heard and seen besides from the combat system this game is nothing like GOW or DI so its not a third wheel it stands on its own.

Basically the whole game is influenced by GoW.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="i_love_lucy"][QUOTE="Denji"]

No no no. There are things they have in common, but do not write this off as another GOW wannabe. The two play nothing alike. The only thing they have in common are green health orbs and a weapon with the word "Chaos" in its name. If anything its more like Zelda and Devil May Cry. Seriously, play the game and you'll know.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Whale_

[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="i_love_lucy"] From what ive heard and seen besides from the combat system this game is nothing like GOW or DI so its not a third wheel it stands on its own.TheEldestGod

No no no. There are things they have in common, but do not write this off as another GOW wannabe. The two play nothing alike. The only thing they have in common are green health orbs and a weapon with the word "Chaos" in its name. If anything its more like Zelda and Devil May Cry. Seriously, play the game and you'll know.

Read my post. Where did I state it was a Gow wannabe. I simply said it was influenced by GoW. Watch some of the reviews. The makers of Darksiders even said it themselves.

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 canoecamue

[QUOTE="i_love_lucy"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Whale_

I'm going to say that you haven't played this game then. To be fair you should at least try the game prior to advising someone about it.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Whale_

[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="i_love_lucy"] From what ive heard and seen besides from the combat system this game is nothing like GOW or DI so its not a third wheel it stands on its own.canoecamue

I'm going to say that you haven't played this game then. To be fair you should at least try the game prior to advising someone about it.

So you're telling me you know more than the people who created Darksiders?

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

[QUOTE="canoecamue"][QUOTE="Whale_"]

Whale_

Lol influenced =|= cloned. And the opinion of someone who has actually played the game > your opinion.
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

Denji
I've heard it's less like those games but more closer to Legend of Zelda.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Whale_

[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="canoecamue"] I'm going to say that you haven't played this game then. To be fair you should at least try the game prior to advising someone about it.uRan_Ehr

Lol influenced =|= cloned. And the opinion of someone who has actually played the game > your opinion.

Have you played it?

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="Whale_"]

Whale_

Have you played it?

No but I don't judge the game as you do ;) Play it or not but don't smash a thread with your nonsense postings about how the game is a clone of GoW without substance to your arguments :?
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Whale_"]

Read my post. Where did I state it was a Gow wannabe. I simply said it was influenced by GoW. Watch some of the reviews. The makers of Darksiders even said it themselves.

It was a paraphrase. Anyway, you made your statement trying to object a correct statement. I took it as you were trying to say it WAS like DI or GOW which would make it a GOW wannabe. So in a way you did say that. I admit there is some GOW influences present, but these influences are so small that they in no way actually affect what this game turned out to be. The Zelda influences did that. :P
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

I'm about 6 hours into the game and it's extremely well done. They put many things into this game that haven't occurred in any other PS3 game that I've seen.

It's in my top 3 favorite PS3 games only after 6 hours into it and it seems to have a long way to go before it's done. I rate this game a 9.2/10.

Graphics- 10

Gameplay- 9.5

Story- 9

I haven't seen anything negative about this game and not any of the things they put as bad in the reviews either. It's almost like they made up the bad things in the reviews.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEldestGod

It's almost like they made up the bad things in the reviews.

patriots7672
To a certain extent, my friend... They did. They definitely exaggerated them - what few are there.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

[QUOTE="patriots7672"]

It's almost like they made up the bad things in the reviews.

TheEldestGod

To a certain extent, my friend... They did. They definitely exaggerated them - what few are there.

I don't find any "Bads" about the game. The most rediculous one they state is over complicated controls. The controls are so easy and straight forward. Pretty much Square for the sword, until you buy other combos later and they're just like with any game just remembering them which they can be brought up to view at any time. I see no screen tearing or frame rate issues whatsoever as they stated.

Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Whale_

[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"] Lol influenced =|= cloned. And the opinion of someone who has actually played the game > your opinion.uRan_Ehr

Have you played it?

No but I don't judge the game as you do ;) Play it or not but don't smash a thread with your nonsense postings about how the game is a clone of GoW without substance to your arguments :?

It seems you have nothing better to say in this thread too. I simply watched the reviews of Darksiders, and the creators said it was influenced by GoW and they apologized for that. Now I know the reviews were alittle exagerrated.

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 canoecamue

[QUOTE="canoecamue"][QUOTE="Whale_"]

Whale_

You said the whole game is influenced by God of War, Some of the combat style maybe (ie brutal kills) but the game is also influenced by other games. Joe Mad himself said he wanted the game to reflect the older games we grew up on, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Plus the whole story is told in Joe Mad Comic book style. So god of war influenced, somewhat. But is the whole game influenced by god of war, not in the least bit. Again, play the game and you will see for yourself.
canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 canoecamue
[QUOTE="Whale_"]

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"] Lol influenced =|= cloned. And the opinion of someone who has actually played the game > your opinion.uRan_Ehr

Have you played it?

My sentiments exactly.
theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

It might be slightly influenced by GoW with a few things, bu it plays more like Zelda to me. The combat is definitely a little more deep then Zelda games tend to be. I' have like 4 hours into it. It's a good game, not a great one but definitely entertaining. My only issue is the camera. It gets a little difficult to control when your getting swarmed by enemies.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
I beat it today and I liked it. It certainly has flaws but overall its solid. The game took me around 15 or so hours on the hardest difficulty. Anyway I agree with the scores being given out around the 8-8.5 range as that's what I feel it deserves. Its basically Zelda and God of War and it does its Zelda temples really pretty well but the God of War style combat is a little lacking. The sections with emphasis on combat were more "meh" for me while the real dungeons were more "hooray". Combat did get more interesting once I'd unlocked more combo's and gadgets but it took too long to get going and there was too much emphasis on it early on when it was more bland. Also the bosses are great. Oh and in the temples I wish there was more application of previously unlocked items. Most items felt like "you will use this for this one level then never really ever again" which was a little disappointing. Anyway I'd say its solid and you could to a hell of a lot worse than Darksiders.