How far into Oblivion does Vampirism come up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
I just picked up the GOTY edition and I ahve been reading about this glitch. I was wondering how do I avoid being infected and how long into the game does come up....Thanks for the input
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

to not get infected, try:

not sleepin in the wild, they will come at you and bite you in your sleep and when u wake up you will be a vampire :D

i was a dark elf, so i beated vampires from a distance so i didnt get infected, if u are a swordman, try to level up a lot, and kill them with 1 hit or 2 at the most.

and it comes up when u are past the middle of the game :) i think

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
Don't do quests that involve vampires. I became a vampire once and it sucked.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WMDfreeman99
I also have another question. Where is the gate to shivering Isle. I was told I could do that expansion in the beginning if i wanted to. Also are vampiers in there?
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

Each of my play throughs I first encountered it when searching for a daedric artifact for Martin.

The Azura Deadric quest. Going through the cave to get Azura's store its hard not to get Porphyric Hemophilia (vampire disease).

Be warned though!! Do not give Azura's star to Martin as an artifact, keep it for yourself and get him another artifact. Azura's Star is extremely valuble to an Oblivion player and once you give it to Martin it's permanantly gone.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WMDfreeman99
OH so the quests will tell oyu if there are vampires..
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
OH so the quests will tell oyu if there are vampires..WMDfreeman99
some, on others u might come across some vampires without noticin :P
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
There's also a point where you have the choice to become a vampire or not. I became one, because it was to tempting not to. It honesly has some really cool features along with it, but it gets really annoying not being able to travel during the day. I did the whole project to reverse the curse and at the final point there was a glich that made me start it over; I haven't played since then....if I do, i might just start over.
Marksman2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Marksman2200
Member since 2007 • 23037 Posts
Besides if you ever do get the disease, just don't sleep and use a cure disease potion, as long as you don't sleep before using the potion you can get rid of it.
mjw1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mjw1970
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

Before you become a vampire, you become infected with Porphyric Hemophilia. Once infected, you have a couple of days to find a Cure Disease spell or potion that will prevent the infection from turning you into a vampire. You can run into vampires at any point in the game if you wander into a cave or ruin where they happen to be.

I don't remember if there are any vampires in the Shivering Isles, but the door is in the middle of Niben Bay near Bravil.

Dantinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Dantinho
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Just carry around Cure Disease Potions that are easy to find, any time it says you have contracted porphyric hemophilia use one.

You can always rent the orignal copy of Oblivion to fix the bug if you do become a vampire, its what I had to do, I prefer this way as once vampirusum is cured you cannot become a vampire again.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WMDfreeman99
Awesome guys thanks for all the replys.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WMDfreeman99

so the potions are easy to find...cool can you find them in the beginning. I want to make sure i can over come this glitch.

Dantinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Dantinho
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

You can buy them, make them and find them.

For more info go to uesp.net and click on Oblivions cure for Vampiruim for all the info you could want.

---Saint---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ---Saint---
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
Dude, you're ruining your Oblivion experience. Play it yourself. Don't ask for help and don't ask questions. Just experince it first for yourself. And Also if you do become a Vamp there is an easy cure. Just don't kill Vamps when you're low level.Killing them makes them come to you in your sleep sometimes. Wait till you are good and ready to cleanse the land of evil.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

not sleepin in the wild, they will come at you and bite you in your sleep and when u wake up you will be a vampire :D

i was a dark elf, so i beated vampires from a distance so i didnt get infected, if u are a swordman, try to level up a lot, and kill them with 1 hit or 2 at the most.

psyum

I've slept quite a few times in the wild. Only when I slept in a castle is where I got bit.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Buy the cure all spell to cure the disease if yuo get it. Easy as pie.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="psyum"]

Denji

I've slept quite a few times in the wild. Only when I slept in a castle is where I got bit.

There's also a point where you have the choice to become a vampire or not. I became one, because it was to tempting not to. It honesly has some really cool features along with it, but it gets really annoying not being able to travel during the day. I did the whole project to reverse the curse and at the final point there was a glich that made me start it over; I haven't played since then....if I do, i might just start over.SamuRai_JeDi

You could always download a super amazing game save that makes you like uber good. I did it once and it kicked ass.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WMDfreeman99
Cool thanks guys. I just did not want to deal with the stupid glitch that is in the verson I got yesterday. all well iam going to start my quest tomorrow.
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
lol i got the disease and im level 48, i got it the last time i slept which was 6 in game months ago. To hell with sleep i dont need to till i rank and i have shivering isles so i dont want it to glitch
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
lol in all the time Ive played it, I never got biten while sleeping, just when fighting a vampire or from Vincent
Koneesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Koneesha
Member since 2006 • 1621 Posts

It can come at any point in the game. Oblivion is an open world game and you can do whatever you want in it. SO it comes if you go exploring erlier. I hink there is a cave with it in it by the main city. But if you follow the quest it is a side mission mision. being a vamp is awesome though. Its great for the missions you get double strong.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="psyum"]

Duckman5

There's also a point where you have the choice to become a vampire or not. I became one, because it was to tempting not to. It honesly has some really cool features along with it, but it gets really annoying not being able to travel during the day. I did the whole project to reverse the curse and at the final point there was a glich that made me start it over; I haven't played since then....if I do, i might just start over.SamuRai_JeDi

You could always download a super amazing game save that makes you like uber good. I did it once and it kicked ass.

Oblivion is too personal for me to grab someone else's save. I went through the reversal process to cure my character. It was a fork in the road, but it was one I enjoyed.

willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

I just picked up the GOTY edition and I ahve been reading about this glitch. I was wondering how do I avoid being infected and how long into the game does come up....Thanks for the inputWMDfreeman99

The only time I have ever been infected while playing the GOTY edition was when i did the quest for the arena champ guy. That point in the game if your doing the arena levels and are gonna do the quest for the arena champion you WILL get infected every time. There is no cure for being a vampire in the GOTY edition its a permanent glitch unless you have access to the original copy to sub in at that point...BUT if you do that, the gate to shivering isles disappears permanently. I made a mistake purchasing the GOTY edition as well IMO.