How far are you on Destiny

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

I have to say im struggling to get into the game at the minute.

I am level 5 and am at the bit where you have to survive a few waves of enemies from a ship outside.

I keep getting 10 minutes into it and then dying near the end which is so frustrating I have already lost interest.

Does the game implement more co op features as you level up?

The game somewhat reminds me of online Demon and dark souls but it just feels quite bland at the minute.

jaeleo258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 jaeleo258
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Yeah I find it to be really hard. I'm level 6 and I'm still struggling on the early levels.

I think it's because they want you too explore more on the world, work as a team to win battles and not just fly though the story so you have to do side quests to level up

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattamomo

Yh, I don't even know if im playing it right.

Can you do the missions with someone on your friend list?

Because I am getting quite bored of going against a load of enemies slowly alone.

If you can pair up how do you?

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

It does seem a bit like you said. I actually died once trying to do a mission level 4. I rushed it similar to how I did the same mission in the beta. Also is it me or is leveling up a bit slower than in the beta? Also in the beta I picked up some random high level purple loot, however nothing like that is happening in the final release. I shouldn't complain, in the beta I complained about how I leveled up so fast. Game devs just cannot win with us.

I'm going to start doing more exploration. And then attack for example a level 5 story at level 6.

Loving it otherwise.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I am currently in Venus. Third world. Level 9.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

Level 11 Moon enjoying the game so far.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Lvl 10 just unlocked Venus, the game doesn't really pick up tell you get to the Moon which looks gorgeous btw.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattamomo

@Ballroompirate:

Good to hear, I got there last night but have yet to play anything on the moon.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Play with friends. I played about 10 hours already today alone and I'm level 10 already. Got one mission and a Strike left on the Moon. Loving it with friends.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm level 9 right now. I think I've done 5 or so missions on the Moon. I tried a Strike (I think) with a friend and rando and we got obliterated toward the end. I had bad weapons and there were just tons of enemies. We had to give up when the rando dropped from our party haha.

Loving it so far though. Just wish the loading times were shorter, especially when going back to the Tower.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

I'm level 3 or 4 but have been having issues with getting disconnected which is totally killing my otherwise great destiny experience. My internet sucks and there is no other better available so I just have to deal I guess.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@mattamomo: I'm at level 2, my friend's at level 16. So far he's been carrying me through the co-op mode lol

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattamomo

@jcrame10:

Ha i hear you, been playing some capture online mode and when level 6 me comes up against level 16 everyone else . . . It only ends one way.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattamomo

A question i have.

When you go on a patrol mission how do you use the Nav mode? I have no objective on mine and am just running around killing things and getting nothing from it

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I'm about where the beta ended...and to be frank, the game really isn't that great. On the surface its super polished, but its just ...lacking..something. for instance, none of the npc's actually chat with you, they just give you your quest reward and thats it. the only way to get lore is from that grimoire thing. you can't even chat with teammates in pvp! Its super annoying to get a fire team together cause most people have their fireteam match making set to friends only. communication is a huge bummer

then theres how almost every mission (so far) just involves getting dinklagebot to a location and guarding him until the mission ends. its just got so boring so fast

and as for pvp, i find it kind of eh. pretty unbalanced, imo

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

I'm on the Moon at Lv.12 Warlock. I'm taking my time with MP matches for the most part, [playing free-4-all] I'm saving money so I can buy a better Space Ship parts, grinding till I'm Lv. 15 for that subclass, and meeting new players. I have yet to reach any planets.

Playing Destiny PS4.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Is it me or does GHOST sound like the space ship off Flight of the Navigator when hes not been daft. lol

Sweeneykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Sweeneykill

Level 4?

I think they are trying to encourage people to do everything, or as much as possible, co-op. I have been doing everything co-op and found it very fun. Even with two people, we would put the level of the mission up to hard and it was still manageable without dying. But so far we have only done the storyline missions. I'll get back to you when we're doing other things.
Has anyone else been running into random high level bosses? Just out of the blue? I'd be exploring only to die in one hit because of high leveled enemies (which most likely was a mini boss of some sort).

@suade907 said:

I'm level 3 or 4 but have been having issues with getting disconnected which is totally killing my otherwise great destiny experience. My internet sucks and there is no other better available so I just have to deal I guess.

Are you playing on PS4? Cause if you are, it might be your NAT settings on your PlayStation 4.
I was playing co-op with my boyfriend and he kept being kicked out of the Fireteam (and our current game). Turns out he was being kicked because of his PS4 NAT settings.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@mattamomo said:

I am level 5 and am at the bit where you have to survive a few waves of enemies from a ship outside.

I keep getting 10 minutes into it and then dying near the end which is so frustrating I have already lost interest.

I am a level 10 titan splitting time between story and crucible.

The game is built to played cooperatively. I found it lacking too until I started playing with some friends. Find some people playing on your friends list and start a Fireteam. It will make the missions much more bearable and fun.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 REforever101
@The_Rick_14 said:

@mattamomo said:

The game is built to played cooperatively. I found it lacking too until I started playing with some friends. Find some people playing on your friends list and start a Fireteam. It will make the missions much more bearable and fun.

thats the mark of a mediocre game. anything is made more fun with friends, almost regardless of how terrible. it needs to stand up on its own or be a full mmo, not this straddling the line crap

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@mattamomo said:

The game somewhat reminds me of online Demon and dark souls but it just feels quite bland at the minute.

make sure to use a shotgun, your abilities and a rocket launcher and use the scout rifle . Think of it as more of an mmo rpg.The better weapons you have, the easier it is to kill ppl. and always aim for the head

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@REforever101 said:
@The_Rick_14 said:

@mattamomo said:

thats the mark of a mediocre game. anything is made more fun with friends, almost regardless of how terrible. it needs to stand up on its own or be a full mmo, not this straddling the line crap

To each their own I suppose. When I say found it lacking, that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the time I spent playing it solo, just that it was more fun once my friends were there too. There are other games that I feel the opposite about and prefer to play them solo.

This is an interesting situation too because for someone with maybe a little better skill might find the challenge of doing that mission solo more fun while for the TC it has just become frustrating. Nice to have the option to play it either way instead of games that force you to do it one way or the other. I find nothing mediocre about having options.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattamomo

@jsmoke03:

I am level 9 and still have no shotgun, I am hunter class.

When would i get one.

right now my level 8+ weapons take about 3 good upper body hits to kill others who are around level 16 who can kill me in one hit.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@EasyComeEasyGo:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

I'm on the Moon at Lv.12 Warlock. I'm taking my time with MP matches for the most part, [playing free-4-all] I'm saving money so I can buy a better Space Ship parts, grinding till I'm Lv. 15 for that subclass, and meeting new players. I have yet to reach any planets.

Playing Destiny PS4.

I'm doing the exact same thing. My Titan is lvl 10 and I have been farming Earth, testing weapons and honing my shooting skills. I'm waiting to play with my Son(who can only play on the weekends). Not in a big hurry to rush through the SP content. By the time I reach lvl 20 I hope to have my favorite weapon scheme planned out AND legendary weapons that fit it. Originally planned to make the auto rifle my primary but I've found a RAPID pulse rifle line that has hit a sight/reload sweet spot. Who know's what I'll end up with ultimately . . . personal preference, it's all part of the fun; the pursuit of the perfect weapons.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#25 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm at lvl 17 playing through the story missions at the moment. Getting those knocked out of the way so I can get to the really fun stuff. Not to say that I'm not enjoying the story, because it is interesting to me. Lots of show, don't tell happening, which to me as a writer is a great thing. I just wish the dialogue wasn't so...meh.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REforever101

@mastermetal777: yeah I can't tell if peter dinklage's performance is terrible, or if he's just trying to make due with such a crap script. though it might be a bit of both. "I've got a baaad feeling about this......lots of motion......oh nooo its TEH HIVE"

cringe

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattamomo

Really disliking my hunter class.

My shotgun takes 3 hits at least to kill, the sniper 2 and the machine gun needs two clips.

The pulse rifle also takes 2 or 3 hits to kill weaker enemies on pvp.

who else is a hunter class and what set up is working for you.

REforever101 . . . The script is shocking

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mastermetal777

@mattamomo: What level is your equipment relative to your own level? That can make all the difference.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mattamomo

@mastermetal777:

It was quite low, I have just unlocked a much better level 10 semi auto rifle and level 10 shotgun which is working well for me, still not near the level of some people but hopefully its not too long till i unlock some of the pulse rifles that have been one hit killing me.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Currently I'm only level 2. I'm not sure what to think of Destiny. When I played the Beta I enjoyed it immensely but now it just seems so odd solo through it. Soloing is definitely a challenge. I do miss playing on a fireteam. Despite all the people around it seems like I can't find anyone to join my fireteam.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mastermetal777

I'm at lvl 17 now, and man I'm I excited for what's to come story-wise and event-wise. Bungie's already planning on making things interesting starting tomorrow.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Inbound/en/News/News?aid=12133

Syncotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Syncotic
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

I am having trouble finding people in this game, I play with them then i follow them into a instance or a mission and they disappear. I thought this was seamless co op but they keep vanishing

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattamomo

Ok I am now on level 12, have some good guns but am mostly grinding kills and levels because its till tricky to do any further levels alone and no one i know personally has the game.

What would be the best way for me to level up quickly and get to the good armour and weapons?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mastermetal777

@mattamomo: Strike missions and bounties. You'd be surprised how fast you level up doing those things alone. It's how I got to lvl 20 so damn quickly.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@mattamomo said:

Really disliking my hunter class.

My shotgun takes 3 hits at least to kill, the sniper 2 and the machine gun needs two clips.

The pulse rifle also takes 2 or 3 hits to kill weaker enemies on pvp.

who else is a hunter class and what set up is working for you.

REforever101 . . . The script is shocking

Hunters are actually pretty amazing in pvp, specially Bladedancers with their ult (both Hunter sub classes are amazing for pvp).

Anyways I beat the SP/story at lvl 20 on my Hunter last night, lvled a Warlock to 13 and now I'm working on a Titan which I'm having fun with.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Destiny looks like a bust to me with the bad scores i have seen. I wouldn't be interested in the game even if the scores were great but seeing the scores make me not feel like I am missing something. If the game was getting 9 and 10 scores I would be slightly interested but MMO style games really aren't my type.

Any game where the develop deliberately sends out the game late means they are in fear of reviews from day one release. They attempted to give so BS reason that this game requires the public to be on the servers to populate the game. Then game editors could get the best impression of the potential of the game to judge it properly.

agenthardwire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 agenthardwire

I'm level 3 & still on the first Darkness Zone, but I've had a LOT of family obligations since the game came out so I probably haven't clocked a full hour straight with it yet, just short blocks of a few minutes each.

I've really had fun with it so far though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#38  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am now at level 20, been having a blast so far

Avatar image for calltheCATblack
calltheCATblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 calltheCATblack
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

by the time I post you will have finished the game and be wondering why it is becoming a repetitive bore. Maybe you should have read about this game's design before making your purchase. It is rather hollow except for the challenges in story mode but you already know this now.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#40  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@mattamomo: I'm level 24. I am getting a little burned out on it if I'm honest.

I hit my crucible level cap and got a piece of faction armour, and I got a Legendary Weapon. The problem then was that the Strikes tend to be hit and miss for me. It is normally fine if you get people above the recommended level but when you are playing with people who are under it you tend to get your ass handed to you way too much, it isn't consistent enough when you are grinding for reputation points.

I don't mind playing PvP for some points but Strikes are kind of annoying me so I didn't hit my vanguard cap for this reason. I have been basically doing the mini mission in free roam on Earth to get my reputations up to at least 2 so I can buy armour but man it is really boring. I'd just play crucible if it wasn't for the cap. The end game really isn't that interesting.

I think I'm going to give it a rest till some more content becomes available.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm playing as a titan and I'm not very far into the game and I'm enjoying the game.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

i got to 20 just playing the crucible.... then i went back and finished all the story stuff when i wanted a break.

honestly, dont play the story stuff for the story, it is pretty vanilla. play it for the XP, drops, and just the fun of shooting hordes of shit.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattamomo

Well looks like some others are having a similar experience.

I have to say it can be a good bit of fun when you have a couple of others and are in PvP, but at lvl 19 I have still not got a vanguard reputation which is annoying, and grinding that with friends is a bore.

It definitely seems to be a game where you have to look past repetition and just play it as a light hearted shooter.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#44 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@mattamomo said:

Yh, I don't even know if im playing it right.

Can you do the missions with someone on your friend list?

Because I am getting quite bored of going against a load of enemies slowly alone.

If you can pair up how do you?

Yep, you can do campaign, strikes, patrols and crucible with friends. Just push options, push L1, highlight a friend and push triangle I think, and go to invite friend.

The game seriously gets way better as you progress. It grows on you.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Sitting at level 10 on the moon....seems to be taking forever to go from level 10 to level 11 for some reason.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I have been really enjoying the gameplay but I'm stalling at a sliver of light short of light 22. Feel like every done every strike like ten times and I don't enjoy the PvP so I don't really have much left to do.. Patrols couldn't be more repetitive, but I do enjoy them while I'm listening to a podcast.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattamomo

I am now at the level cap of 20 and I am definitely enjoying it more so than I had been.

I have still to complete the story as I mostly grind and slowly go through the game with mates.

I am finding it extremely difficult to get armour with high light value, what is a good way to get a lot of light quickly.

also i have just reached level 1 on vanguard reputation . . . what a load of work level 2 is going to be XD

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@mattamomo said:

I am now at the level cap of 20 and I am definitely enjoying it more so than I had been.

I have still to complete the story as I mostly grind and slowly go through the game with mates.

I am finding it extremely difficult to get armour with high light value, what is a good way to get a lot of light quickly.

also i have just reached level 1 on vanguard reputation . . . what a load of work level 2 is going to be XD

strike playlists are one way.

mdbuchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mdbuchman
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

@MethodManFTW: Strikes are crazy boring, you are better off just roaming. I have seen some characters have done the strikes over 100 times! I cannot imagine how someone could do them over and over and over, that is crazy.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#50 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

has anyone beat the raid yet?