How do you want co-op to work in God of War 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hiren_nfsmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 hiren_nfsmw
Member since 2005 • 2210 Posts

As you may know that last year, it was announced that the developers of the God of War franchise have been thinking about puttin co-op in God of War 3. So for those of you who are familiar with the storyline of God of War, how do you think that co-op will work in the final chapter of the trilogy?

I think that Kratos is going to be teamed up with his brother from which we saw in the extras of God of War 1, to destroy the five gods from the ending video of God of War 2. I thiink that'll work really well especially that his brother was left for dead because of his dad because he left his family after getting their mother pregnant with Kratos. We also saw that Kratos' brother turned into a monster. This would be an exciting element in the co-op gameplay. Still personally even though I am a great fan of co-op games, I think that co-op will ruin the God of War experience.

What do you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

God Of War is a single player game but if they want co-op so be it. But it better be realistic which will make it hard to do. How could Kratos do all those crazy attacks without hitting his mate

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Same screen co-op
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
No thank you.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
No... just... no. I don't want someone competing for ultimate badass action. I slice that dude up if he puts me in the spotlight!
fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fartmixer26
Member since 2008 • 830 Posts
i'd rather whoop ass by myself but if they put it in, it should be unlockable, not part of the main quest, forget his brother
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

This trilogy has been about Kratos, and I can't imagine they'd have him share the spotlight with some upstart Luigi-like vagrant! Seriously, how can the epic tragedy that is Kratos's tortured existence include a final chapter which invokes the sinister "buddy cop" vibe?

It started with Kratos. It ends with Kratos.

/words of truth

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts
Kratos is a loner and pissed off just the way I like it. It should remain single player.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Uh....why. That'd be like tacking multiplayer onto Bioshock. What's this sudden obsession with co-op.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

What if you got someone over and wants to play some God of War with you? They should just be able to press start and enter the action with you!! IMO at least :D

heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts
For me, God of War is a single-player only game. I don't need co-op, but if they want to add co-op, so be it.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
How would that even fit into the story? It would be lame man I like being Kratos and only Kratos and destroying eveyrone. Since when did Kratos need a partner to take on bosses and stuff hes a bad@$$ for a reason he pwns by himself and can beat anyone or anything. Personally I think Co-op would ruin it story wise and gameplay wise they should not do it.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

What if you got someone over and wants to play some God of War with you? They should just be able to press start and enter the action with you!! IMO at least :D

-supercharged-

Some games are just as fun to watch your mate play. If you want a co-op game...get a game that would actually work as a co-op experience.

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
I say nay. Single player has always been fantastic (not mentioning it has been the only mode) Co-op would just bug down the magic GoW has.
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
I dont think co-op could be incorperated into God Of War without making it look cheezy. Unless the developers can find a really good way of doing this God Of War should stay as a single player game.