How do you use the bu-tooth earpiece?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts

Im having trouble

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
RTFM first of all. Second which one are you using; make and model #.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
RTFM first of all. Duckman5
Never saw that acronym used before, but I'm guessing it means "Read The Freakin' Manual"? (The F can be substituted with a variety of words of course)
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soldine

I got it with socom, ovcourse i traded the game in, i only got it because it came with a 160gb PS deal package but i have no manuel

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

I got it with socom, ovcourse i traded the game in, i only got it because it came with a 160gb PS deal package but i have no manuel

soldine
In the XMB, look at the Network tab, and then scroll to the top. Access the PS3 online manual from here, and it will explain how to setup the headset. Also, when you get to the part of entering the code, enter "0000".
InN3rChi011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 InN3rChi011
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

first go to settings and go to accessory settings. Then go manage bluttooth devices, when u are in it turn on your bluetooth and press register device on the bottom.Then wait until it connects and WAH LAH its connected.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckman5

soldine

This text is directly out of the online manual.

"You must use the USB cable to pair your headset using the PS3™ system automatic mode. 1 Check that the PS3™ system is turned on. 2 Check that the PS3™ system software is version 2.50 or later. If you have an earlier version, you need to update the software before you can use the automatic mode for pairing. 3 Insert the mini-B connector of the supplied USB cable directly into the USB connector on your headset. Insert the other end of the cable into a USB connector on the PS3™ system. The power indicator on the headset lights up in solid green for two seconds to indicate that the headset and the PS3™ system have been paired."

Hint: When you use the automatic mode to pair your headset, HQ mode is initially turned on (see "HQ mode").

So basicallly just plug one end of the supplied USB cable into the headset and the other into the PS3. It will pair automatically and you are set.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5

first go to settings and go to accessory settings. Then go manage bluttooth devices, when u are in it turn on your bluetooth and press register device on the bottom.Then wait until it connects and WAH LAH its connected.

InN3rChi011
No don't do that. Then you will not get the features exclusive to the official sony headset like HQ mode and the onscreen indicator.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Duckman5
[QUOTE="soldine"]

RotaryRX7
In the XMB, look at the Network tab, and then scroll to the top. Access the PS3 online manual from here, and it will explain how to setup the headset. Also, when you get to the part of entering the code, enter "0000".

Sorry triple post but you really should use the USB cable to pair it.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soldine

Its not being detected

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
You are sure you're plugging it directly into the headset? If so then make sure to delete all other headsets you may have synced to the PS3 already.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soldine

you plug it in from the top of the device right?