How do you put in PS3 disc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sly_Godfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sly_Godfather
Member since 2007 • 302 Posts

Im used to the old disc trays on my 360 so today when i went to put Uncharte in i felt the flaps or something when i was inserting it then it ate my disc. I knopw the eating of the disc is normal, but are the flaps normal?? like just b4 u put the disc in u feel the isc agaist them? and do they scratch? sorry for the lame questions:P please answer also another Q i was shocked to see my Sixaxis controller with no battery pack like my 360, i know it cums with a USB but how do i charge it??? does it charge with PS3 off?? or must i play with the cord for it to charge?? help:(

chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chuiv
Member since 2005 • 1141 Posts

Im used to the old disc trays on my 360 so today when i went to put Uncharte in i felt the flaps or something when i was inserting it then it ate my disc. I knopw the eating of the disc is normal, but are the flaps normal?? like just b4 u put the disc in u feel the isc agaist them? and do they scratch? sorry for the lame questions:P please answer also another Q i was shocked to see my Sixaxis controller with no battery pack like my 360, i know it cums with a USB but how do i charge it??? does it charge with PS3 off?? or must i play with the cord for it to charge?? help:(

Sly_Godfather

first..... no it doesn't scratch the disc when inserted

second...... u charge the controller by inserting the usb cable to the controller to the one of the PS3 USB ports

Third..... u need the PS3 on to charge the controller because.... DUH u need power.....

hope this helps :)

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
flaps? when the controller goes dead put the usb cord in it an in the ps3 it was charge.
jpridgen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 jpridgen0
Member since 2005 • 1864 Posts

Sly_Godfather
it does not scratch the disc, you have to play with the usb cord to charge it, and its spelled "comes" not "cums" rofl
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

lol i hope your serious....

Well the disk have the top of the disk up and insert it, it is suppose to feel like its eating it... its pulling in the disk.

As for controller you charge it plug into the ps3 for a good hour or 2 and the battery will last about 8-10 hours. You can play with it pluged in and charging and when its done charging (it stops blinking or when you hit PS button and bottom left it will say charge complete) you can play with out cord.

Sly_Godfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sly_Godfather
Thanks!!:D And another Question does it matter what way you put the isc in, like does it say "insert from the top" or can you put it in anyway? Sorry, this whole new disc drive is new to me:P Also WOW you guys on the PS3boards post super fast compared to the Xbox360 boards...:|
chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chuiv

Thanks!!:D And another Question does it matter what way you put the isc in, like does it say "insert from the top" or can you put it in anyway? Sorry, this whole new disc drive is new to me:P Also WOW you guys on the PS3boards post super fast compared to the Xbox360 boards...:|Sly_Godfather

u have to insert with the labels, etc. on the top and haha of course PS3 boards post fast its because we own PS3s!!!!!

jpridgen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 jpridgen0
Member since 2005 • 1864 Posts
Thanks!!:D And another Question does it matter what way you put the isc in, like does it say "insert from the top" or can you put it in anyway? Sorry, this whole new disc drive is new to me:P Also WOW you guys on the PS3boards post super fast compared to the Xbox360 boards...:|Sly_Godfather
well if you put the disc in upside down in any other console that ever used disc, then it wouldnt work so im just gonna assume that it wont work on the ps3 either. and im not gonna test it :)
SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
Always put in the disc with the label on the disc facing up.
Sly_Godfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sly_Godfather
No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:P
chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chuiv

No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:PSly_Godfather

i don't really get what your talking about anymore....

Sly_Godfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sly_Godfather
like the disc label says Uncharted. Does it matter if you put the disc in with the label up but the uncharted label down? ohh crap:P i dont no how to wordd it, im sure its fine:( also is it normal to feel a push when u put the disc in?? like its hard or is that just it eating it?
chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chuiv

like the disc label says Uncharted. Does it matter if you put the disc in with the label up but the uncharted label down? ohh crap:P i dont no how to wordd it, im sure its fine:( also is it normal to feel a push when u put the disc in?? like its hard or is that just it eating it?Sly_Godfather

ok well moving away from the "label" question.....

well i put in a disc the disc comes to a sudden halt then i have to give it a little bit of push then the PS3 "eats" it

mugtastics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mugtastics
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts
i think you are asking if the disc can be at any rotation when you put it in - like how i like my discs to be "straight" (lettering and graphics) in their cases - nice and neat! doesn't matter inserting into a player as it will be spinning like a madman in there anyway. i think it shows a "uniqueness" you would even think of that. if i understood correctly.
mugtastics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mugtastics
the hesitation before "eating" is normal.
chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chuiv

the hesitation before "eating" is normal.mugtastics

i know... or are u telling the other guy..?

tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
you type as if your hyper....btw you can charge the SxS with your computer when your reading up on forums
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
LOL :lol: no it doesnt matter if the labeling is facing me or the ps3 or whatever as long as u up the label facing up its all gravey and yeah it will hesitate then eat it so its all cool :)
zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 zype2
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts

You can charge your controller using a computer. Charge it up when you are watching a blu-ray movie on the PS3. If you have a cell phone with the same type of port, you can charge it up using the outlet. I never play games with the cord.....

As far as scratching a disc when it "eats" it up, what won't happen. The rollers that grabs the disc are softer than the plastic coating on the Blu-ray. In fact, trays are like 'old school'. Discs are more prone to scratches when placing it in a tray.

Suiranev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Suiranev
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts
LOL, i have my dropped my knowledge im out!
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:PSly_Godfather

You do know that the disc spins, right? :| So, should it matter? Figure that out for yourself.

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamefisher86

[QUOTE="Sly_Godfather"]No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:Pdewmandew7

You do know that the disc spins, right? :| So, should it matter? Figure that out for yourself.

little harsh huh? :|

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
[QUOTE="dewmandew7"]

[QUOTE="Sly_Godfather"]No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:PGamefisher86

It's called natural selection. :P I'm trying to save his posterity.

chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chuiv
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"][QUOTE="dewmandew7"]

[QUOTE="Sly_Godfather"]No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:Pdewmandew7

lol

mugtastics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mugtastics

[QUOTE="mugtastics"]the hesitation before "eating" is normal.chuiv

the o.p.

chuiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chuiv
[QUOTE="chuiv"]

[QUOTE="mugtastics"]the hesitation before "eating" is normal.mugtastics

the o.p.

o ok hahaha

well i have done too much posting for my little brain....

PEACE OUT GUYS and if there are any GALS

zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zype2

Looks like we have answered this question. Soon this will become tagged as a 'hot topic'! LOL

Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

of course. Becuase over at the 360 boards they're too busy trying to figure out ways to make the PS3 look bad; plus 360 fans aren't really the nicest bunch of people. over here PS3 fans are nice and are dedicated to helping people out 8)

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gamefisher86
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"][QUOTE="dewmandew7"]

lol :P weeding em' out eh? lol

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamefisher86

[QUOTE="Sly_Godfather"]No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:PRafinator

of course. Becuase over at the 360 boards they're too busy trying to figure out ways to make the PS3 look bad; plus 360 fans aren't really the nicest bunch of people. over here PS3 fans are nice and are dedicated to helping people out 8)

cuz we got whats called ...people skills :D how are u sir? good day ma'am...

zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zype2
[QUOTE="Rafinator"]

[QUOTE="Sly_Godfather"]No no i mean in general like i post a threa on a 360 question and they take forever to post, its like they dont have much people on there boards. And thanks, i know you have to put the disc in with the label up but i meant like is there a tab on the label that says put it in the way like does it matter if you put it in with the label to the left? or right? SOrry:PGamefisher86

cuz we got whats called ...people skills :D how are u sir? good day ma'am...

Never posted on a 360 forum, but yeah...it is a great community here at the PS3! :) Amazing what pride can do........