How do you like FarCry2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
i think it's kinda hard.... i get killed over and over at the Cock-fights area. ...i need a sniper riffle, but i dont know where to get it?
Mastergamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Mastergamer27
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts
You buy it at a weapons shop.
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

You can get a sniper rifle once you are able to do missions for the weapons dealer. If you are talking about the very beginning of the game you can't get one yet unless you find one on an enemy. Is the difficulty on easy? If it is I guess the game isn't for you.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dogswithguns
the game is awesome. i just got it oday, im having but having a hardtime as well.... im playing normal mode, guess i will have to think harder before going in the enemies territories.
billbzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 billbzly
Member since 2006 • 340 Posts

It takes a while for the game to get enjoyable. Once you unlock a few decent weapons and upgrades it gets a lot easier.

Great game though, I am on my 2nd play through.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dogswithguns

It takes a while for the game to get enjoyable. Once you unlock a few decent weapons and upgrades it gets a lot easier.

Great game though, I am on my 2nd play through.

billbzly

cool, thanx.

Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Personally I didn't like it. To much driving and enemies on you every second of the way. I traded it in a while ago.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dogswithguns

Personally I didn't like it. To much driving and enemies on you every second of the way. I traded it in a while ago.Devourment423

too bad, man.... i think it's a great game. 50hours of game play. im gonna try harder to beat it.

Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Cool. I thought it was fun at first, the driving is the main thing that got to me. Graphics were good though.
Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
Played it at a friends house, wasnt really my cup of tea.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I love it. Its not a game for those who are used to a story on rails, with shorter, more focused, more scripted levels. This game is about immersion and about simulating the life of a mercenary in Africa. It definitely started out slow and a bit difficult, but once i got a good combination of weapons going, it was really slick without being too easy. And the game just looks amazing. The daytime lighting is some of the best out there. Funny, no one complained about the driving in GTA4, but because it was well-insulated by hype and reputation, people either ignored the fact that GTA4 had the exact same issues as FC2 or just didn't realize it at the time cuz the hype train was moving too fast.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
i think it's kinda hard.... i get killed over and over at the Cock-fights area. ...i need a sniper riffle, but i dont know where to get it?Dogswithguns
It's weird you mentioned that mission because my game glitched out so I can't get passed that part. Super annoying. I rescued the guy but it won't register he's rescued. He's even back at the bar hanging out! :( I haven't gone back to it since because starting over isn't my thing. I have other non-glitchy (more fun) games to attend to. On the game, it's pretty good. Really digging it until that glitch happened.
Nightingale27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Nightingale27
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
Isn't the cock-fighting thing at the very beginning? Couldn't you just restart? (or am I totally wrong)?
Trickedoutps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Trickedoutps3
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]i think it's kinda hard.... i get killed over and over at the Cock-fights area. ...i need a sniper riffle, but i dont know where to get it?Chaos_Bladez
It's weird you mentioned that mission because my game glitched out so I can't get passed that part. Super annoying. I rescued the guy but it won't register he's rescued. He's even back at the bar hanging out! :( I haven't gone back to it since because starting over isn't my thing. I have other non-glitchy (more fun) games to attend to. On the game, it's pretty good. Really digging it until that glitch happened.

If you are really having trouble and dont want to restart an option would be to get a gamesave off the net with a new story but like all the weps or something.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chaos_Bladez
Isn't the cock-fighting thing at the very beginning? Couldn't you just restart? (or am I totally wrong)?Nightingale27
It is. I was about 7 or so hours in and I was doing side missions, getting diamonds, and getting hella safehouses. I just don't have it in me to do it all again. :( I have about 3 or 4 other games to play that are more fun and don't glitch out, so FC2 loses out every time in my "play time."
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]i think it's kinda hard.... i get killed over and over at the Cock-fights area. ...i need a sniper riffle, but i dont know where to get it?Trickedoutps3

If you are really having trouble and dont want to restart an option would be to get a gamesave off the net with a new story but like all the weps or something.

Good suggestion but I'd want to do it by myself, even if that means grinding for about 7+ hours. If I get Killzone 2, it might take me a long time to get back to FC2.
Ce0mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ce0mo
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
I love it. Its not a game for those who are used to a story on rails, with shorter, more focused, more scripted levels. This game is about immersion and about simulating the life of a mercenary in Africa. It definitely started out slow and a bit difficult, but once i got a good combination of weapons going, it was really slick without being too easy. And the game just looks amazing. The daytime lighting is some of the best out there. Funny, no one complained about the driving in GTA4, but because it was well-insulated by hype and reputation, people either ignored the fact that GTA4 had the exact same issues as FC2 or just didn't realize it at the time cuz the hype train was moving too fast. beekayjay
It's called the taxi system and it made Gta playable for me when I didn't want to drive.I like the game but still haven't beaten it. Back to FC2 I like the game but only gameflyed it.It's on sale at best buy for $30 so I think I might get it this week.Do people still play online?
samuraisedge18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 samuraisedge18
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts
There are people online. It's pretty good but it takes way too long for a match to start. I hate it how everyone has to select ready in order for the match to start. You always get people who don't know or aholes who keep selecting and then reselecting. Plus you can get banned from a game if people vote you out. So if you're doing really good and someone decides to pass a vote, you could get kicked.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dogswithguns

[QUOTE="beekayjay"]I love it. Its not a game for those who are used to a story on rails, with shorter, more focused, more scripted levels. This game is about immersion and about simulating the life of a mercenary in Africa. It definitely started out slow and a bit difficult, but once i got a good combination of weapons going, it was really slick without being too easy. And the game just looks amazing. The daytime lighting is some of the best out there. Funny, no one complained about the driving in GTA4, but because it was well-insulated by hype and reputation, people either ignored the fact that GTA4 had the exact same issues as FC2 or just didn't realize it at the time cuz the hype train was moving too fast. Ce0mo
It's called the taxi system and it made Gta playable for me when I didn't want to drive.I like the game but still haven't beaten it. Back to FC2 I like the game but only gameflyed it.It's on sale at best buy for $30 so I think I might get it this week.Do people still play online?

Yes, people still playing Fsrcry2 online, i played it yesturday for a little bit it was okay but i think the single offline is way more fun.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
That's good. Haze owns it though.
My friend has Far Cry 2 but it broke after 62% through the game.
I don't know what happened. Is your copy all dodgy and broken?
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dogswithguns

That's good. Haze owns it though.
My friend has Far Cry 2 but it broke after 62% through the game.
I don't know what happened. Is your copy all dodgy and broken?Bioshockraptor

Broken? Like what? the game unplayable after 62%?