How Do I Transfer My GT5 Profile PS3 - PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BradenGT (25 posts) -
I have a PS3 and my girlfriend has a PS3. I wanted to play with my GT5 Profile at her house but when I login / power on GT5, it wants to start completely from the beginning. How do I get my cars, level, and profile to transfer?!!! In games like Battlefield Bad Company 2, you just login and it updates. Help please!
#2 Posted by 4NGoods (1028 posts) -
I was kinda disappointed to find out that GT5 uses copy protection saves which means there really is no way to transfer the save data. Well I just found one way which is to use the "transfer data utility" in the system settings but it'll transfer all data from one ps3 to the other and overwrite the data on the second system with what was on your first one. Now that i think about it, if it werent for these stupid trophy's these gamers apparently cant live without these days, then there would be no need for copy protected save files. So blame the trophy whores out there for your problem.
#3 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5462 posts) -

I was kinda disappointed to find out that GT5 uses copy protection saves which means there really is no way to transfer the save data. Well I just found one way which is to use the "transfer data utility" in the system settings but it'll transfer all data from one ps3 to the other and overwrite the data on the second system with what was on your first one. Now that i think about it, if it werent for these stupid trophy's these gamers apparently cant live without these days, then there would be no need for copy protected save files. So blame the trophy whores out there for your problem. 4NGoods

That isn't entirely far to the trophy whores becasue plently of games allow you to move your game save to another PS3 as long as you use it with the same PSN account - obviously that is sufficient to get round the trophy issue. Polyphony did it with GT on PSP as well - you could only use your save on the PSP you created it on - and to me this is just stupid and over the top on their part!!!