How can I get audio to output to speakers instead of tv?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Probably a really dumb question, but my monitor has speakers built in, but they are terrible, so i keep them muted. that being said, now the only way i can hear anything on my ps4 is with headsets plugged into the controller

i'm looking for another way, like quality speakers I can use with my pc and ps4/xbone

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@REforever101: There are a million different ways. What is your budget and what size set up do you have?

I have a dual screen set up so my gaming HDTV is smaller and off the the side of my movie TV. The speakers are TV speakers, so I just plug in a 3.5mm cable to a small Logitech "portable" speaker that has way better sound than my TV and I'm all set.

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-PlayGear-Amp-Sony/dp/B0009PAV3W/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424891066&sr=1-8&keywords=Logitech+speakers

I bought that thing YEARS ago for my PSP and it's loud enough for the gaming set up and quite frankly, I have to turn it down when online or when my Girl is in the room. Only 5 feet away from the screen

For the HDTV for movies, I plug in the Toslink to a 5.1 HT system

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Expane said:

@REforever101: There are a million different ways.

So I'll give you the most basic! You run an RCA jack from the audio output of your TV into the input of the sound system. With some systems you can go directly into the speakers, while others come with a receiver and speakers

If that doesn't help, just go to youtube.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@Expane said:

@REforever101: There are a million different ways.

So I'll give you the most basic! You run an RCA jack from the audio output of your TV into the input of the sound system. With some systems you can go directly into the speakers, while others come with a receiver and speakers

If that doesn't help, just go to youtube.

He mentioned he has a headphone jack on his monitor, so he might not even have RCA out. TOslink OUt and 3.5 out is more common.

3.5mm male/male cable is like $1.39. Cheap and easy place to start