How can I buy PSN content from a different store

#1 Posted by BeastCod (9 posts) -

So I am going to get a ps4 soon and as I have never owned one before I would be interested in knowing a couple of things involving the psn store. Btw I am new to gamespot forums as well so sorry if I make any mistakes or anything. Any help is greatly appreciated :) I would also like to add that I have spent a fair bit of time searching these questions up but answers where not very clear.

I added this at the end but realized all my questions where getting really complicated so yeah. Here is my question: Basically the reason I ask all these questions is because I am getting a ps4, the black ops 3 bundle version, not the collectors edition though. It comes with a month of psn and nuketown dlc, I am buying it from Belgium and so I would like to know if I would be able to activate these codes in a Canadian account. I am also wondering if I would be able to buy dlc from a Canadian store and use it with my account if my account is Belgian. Also if I need to have a Belgian account can I change the games a buy (physical and digital) to English as well as the store and UI?

If someone could also answer the questions below I would be even more grateful, thanks in advance guys I am sure I will get good answers from everyone on this forum :)

My list of questions:

- Can I select any language that I want for the UI and games (digital, from any digital store, and physical) or am I stuck to the language in my location (French or Dutch as I live in Belgium)?

- Can I change to whichever store I want (on the same account)? I have an xbox one and on it I can change the region of the console itself and the store and buy anything from any store with any gift card (as long as its of the correct region) and credit card. Could I do this with the playstation or do I have to stick to the store I first select (any one I want) or is it region locked (if I where to go on holiday would it change store and if it did could I buy games/dlc from that store and have it work when I return?

- Can I have one main account with psn that will give the others on my playstation psn as well as long as they are on the main playstation? If this is the case would my main's games (digital that is) and dlc transfer over? Also will the dlc on the main account add on to the other account even if it is from a different store. Say I already have a piece of dlc code that is region locked (if I can't switch stores freely) and I add that dlc unto the other account (that doesn't have psn, if I can do that) and have both of the accounts mix dlc?

- Can I use my psn account in another country for multiplayer and for use in buying games/dlc?

- Is know psn is region locked but say I buy a pass in Belgium and have an English account will it still work (I'm talking about from the digital store).

#2 Posted by GTR12 (13458 posts) -

@beastcod: I'll answer as best I can, ask again if I miss something.

1. There are 4 regions, EU (Europe, Australia and New Zealand), NA (Canada and US), JP (Japan) and HK (Hong Kong and Asia).

1 account for 1 region ONLY, that's locked permanently. You cant change your region even if you move somewhere.

2. Online content is locked to regions (DLC, Season passes, PSN cards, online codes), so CoD DLC bought in EU cannot be used/redeemed in a US region.

The stores in each region have their own prices/sales of things, they are independent of each other.

3. Games are region free, you can play any game in any language on any region account. Eg; I bought a game from Canada and I can play it on my Australian account.

I recommend you make 2 accounts, 1 NA and 1 EU. Your EU account is your main account to play games, your NA account is ONLY to redeem that CoD DLC, once redeemed, swap back to your EU account and play.

#5 Edited by BeastCod (9 posts) -

@GTR12: Firslty I would like to thank you for the reply, I do however have some more questions on the subject and would be very grateful if you could answer them. I tried to make them as clear as possible this time around.

1. I would like to buy all of my content (games, dlc, ps+) from the Canadian store. Is this possible even while only living in Belgium (I have a house there so billing address and cc isn't a problem)? Would the content work when playing in Belgium or any other country?

2. I did a little more research to find that my UI language also changes the language of the games. I am not sure however if this is the case with digitally downloaded games. If I use a Belgian psn account will all the games be in French or Dutch (the only languages available in the Belgian store)? I understand both languages well but I would prefer the game be in English.

3. Also as the bundle I will get comes with some free dlc, I am buying the bundle from Belgium and I was wondering if the fact it is in a bundle will give me the ability to redeem on the Canadian store?

4. Can I use a game DISK from Belgium (region EU) and play it's game's dlc that I bought on the Canadian store (Region NA)?

5. You said I couldn't redeem any codes to the US region if bought in Belgium. Does this include content I bought from Belgium whilst on the ps Canadian store (directly from playstation NA and not from something like amazon.eu)?

6. Will the store be region locked? If I create a Canadian account will I only have access to the Canadian playstation ONLINE STORE or will it give me the Belgian store regardless (as I live in Belgium)?

That sums up all the remaining questions I have. I am not quite sure how to play around and make two accounts work together as you suggested (I know... I'm a noob) so I would rather only use one account, preferably the Canadian one. I would be very thankful if you would be (or anyone) so kind to answer my question. :)

#6 Posted by GTR12 (13458 posts) -

Answers in BOLD

@beastcod said:

@GTR12: Firslty I would like to thank you for the reply, I do however have some more questions on the subject and would be very grateful if you could answer them. I tried to make them as clear as possible this time around.

1. I would like to buy all of my content (games, dlc, ps+) from the Canadian store. Is this possible even while only living in Belgium (I have a house there so billing address and cc isn't a problem)? Would the content work when playing in Belgium or any other country?

Yes you can do that, assuming you have house address and a credit card that is Canadian.

2. I did a little more research to find that my UI language also changes the language of the games. I am not sure however if this is the case with digitally downloaded games. If I use a Belgian psn account will all the games be in French or Dutch (the only languages available in the Belgian store)? I understand both languages well but I would prefer the game be in English.

Do the exact opposite of what I said in my other reply (I'm assuming your in Belgium for work or temporary), make 2 accounts, one being EU, and one NA. The NA being your main account, the EU account is only for redeeming that DLC. Its very easy to do on PlayStation, it sounds harder than it is.

3. Also as the bundle I will get comes with some free dlc, I am buying the bundle from Belgium and I was wondering if the fact it is in a bundle will give me the ability to redeem on the Canadian store?

No, as its a EU code, it must be redeemed on a EU account.

4. Can I use a game DISK from Belgium (region EU) and play it's game's dlc that I bought on the Canadian store (Region NA)?

No, while the games are region free, the DLC is not. If its a Belgian disc, the main game and multiplayer can be played on the Canadian account, but the DLC must be bought on the Belgian account.

5. You said I couldn't redeem any codes to the US region if bought in Belgium. Does this include content I bought from Belgium whilst on the ps Canadian store (directly from playstation NA and not from something like amazon.eu)?

You can do that. What I mean is, your CoD DLC that's included in the bundle cannot be redeemed on a NA region account, once its redeemed though, it unlocks the DLC on all the accounts on that PS4, that's why I highly recommend making 2 accounts but only playing the actual game on the Canadian account.

6. Will the store be region locked? If I create a Canadian account will I only have access to the Canadian playstation ONLINE STORE or will it give me the Belgian store regardless (as I live in Belgium)?

Yes the online store is region locked. But any purchases and downloads made on the Belgian account will appear the Canadian account (assuming its 2 accounts on the 1 PS4), again its very easy to setup, easier than the "other console".

That sums up all the remaining questions I have. I am not quite sure how to play around and make two accounts work together as you suggested (I know... I'm a noob) so I would rather only use one account, preferably the Canadian one. I would be very thankful if you would be (or anyone) so kind to answer my question. :)

#7 Posted by BeastCod (9 posts) -

@GTR12: Thank you very much you helped a lot!

#8 Edited by mnmp (1 posts) -

Hi,

While searching online I found this post, I am currently living in Europe and I was planning to buy dead by daylight from ps store but I saw that in us ps store it is cheaper. From what I understood I can create a us account, buy the game then put that account on my ps4 as secondary then on my eu primary account I can play the game online with plus on my primary. Is that correct?

Thank you

#9 Posted by GTR12 (13458 posts) -

@mnmp: Yes,

Next time, don't bump a 3yr old topic, create a new one.

#10 Edited by Fyrectar (2 posts) -

I’m sorry, it wouldn’t let me make a new post! Please help! It’s Christmas Day and apparently the DualShock 4 controller with fornite bundle I bought my son comes with a European regional code and won’t work on his PS4. What can I do? From what I was reading, is it possible to just make a Europe account and download on his PS4 and then when he signs back on as his primary US account it will show up? Will he also get the 500 Vbucks it’s supposed to come with? Please help a lost mom on Christmas!!

#11 Posted by GTR12 (13458 posts) -

@fyrectar: Yes to all

#12 Posted by Fyrectar (2 posts) -

So I did all that and it did not work. Is there anything else I have to do??