Hours of gameplay Bioshock 1 has?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IntenseJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 IntenseJohn
Member since 2010 • 107 Posts

I was just wondering how long it took for some of you guys to complete the game. I want to be able to beat it within a week because I bought it used from GameStop and I wanna return it to beat Bioshock 2 (hopefully within a week also) and then buy another game. I'm pretty excited, I know this game could be somewhat scary and I freak out like a lil girl whenever there is a scary part lol. Thanks!

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

a good 7-10 hrs

as you can see from the link, the average is around 8-9 hours among let's players.

a full week should be plenty of time.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

a good 7-10 hrs

as you can see from the link, the average is around 8-9 hours among let's players.

Batang_X990
7-10? Maybe but for me, it was like 12-15. It's a meaty game. Pick it up, it is fantastic
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

10-15 hours. It is a legendary game.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
I'd say 10-15 is accurate. Not the longest game in the world but it's a very good game.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]

a good 7-10 hrs

Chaos_Bladez
7-10? Maybe but for me, it was like 12-15. It's a meaty game. Pick it up, it is fantastic

Yea, same for me. There's no timer in the game but it felt at least 12-15 hours, I'd say closer to 15 but I did pretty much everything I could in that game. Loved the hell out of it, one of my all time favorite games. And TC, don't return BioShock to get BioShock 2. BioShock 2 is infinitely inferior to the first one especially in the atmosphere and story, at least in my opinion and many others. I'd buy BioShock and maybe rent BioShock 2 or buy it cheap.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

It took me something like 7 days to get platinum on it. If you're not concerned about trophies you can easily beat it in a few days. It's a great game.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

My first time through, not doing collectables and not worry about achievements/trophies, took me just over 8 hours.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

took me about 15-20 hours because it was hard

IntenseJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 IntenseJohn
Member since 2010 • 107 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Batang_X990"]

a good 7-10 hrs

anime_gamer007

Yea, same for me. There's no timer in the game but it felt at least 12-15 hours, I'd say closer to 15 but I did pretty much everything I could in that game. Loved the hell out of it, one of my all time favorite games. And TC, don't return BioShock to get BioShock 2. BioShock 2 is infinitely inferior to the first one especially in the atmosphere and story, at least in my opinion and many others. I'd buy BioShock and maybe rent BioShock 2 or buy it cheap.

This game scares me! lol I'm such a lil girl when it comes to somewhat scary games. The thing is I bought BioShock for 19.99 at GameStop and Bioshock 2 is only $8.99. The employee told me this maybecause they may have too many copies of the 2nd game.I know BioShock 2 isn't as good as the first butI won't be losing money getting the second one so why not get it!I enjoy getting trophies but only go out of my way to get more trophies if I really like the game. This game is great but not one of my "trophy hunting" games. This is only because I get too scared even though some people don't think this game is scary at all lol.

When I play games I usually stick to the "main meat" of the game. I don't deviate too far with things like side missions and that stuff. It's just my nature and it may be because I'm used to beating games in a week so I can get my money back and buy another game. Bayonetta took me 7 and a half hrs to complete, Final Fantasy XIII only took me 42 hrs to beat. I thoroughly enjoyed both of those games but missed a bunch of alfheim portals in Bayonetta (which I'm almost done with my 2nd playthrough) and with FFXIII I only did a few Cie'th stone missions.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"] 7-10? Maybe but for me, it was like 12-15. It's a meaty game. Pick it up, it is fantasticIntenseJohn

This game scares me! lol I'm such a lil girl when it comes to somewhat scary games. The thing is I bought BioShock for 19.99 at GameStop and Bioshock 2 is only $8.99. The employee told me this maybecause they may have too many copies of the 2nd game.I know BioShock 2 isn't as good as the first butI won't be losing money getting the second one so why not get it!I enjoy getting trophies but only go out of my way to get more trophies if I really like the game. This game is great but not one of my "trophy hunting" games. This is only because I get too scared even though some people don't think this game is scary at all lol.

When I play games I usually stick to the "main meat" of the game. I don't deviate too far with things like side missions and that stuff. It's just my nature and it may be because I'm used to beating games in a week so I can get my money back and buy another game. Bayonetta took me 7 and a half hrs to complete, Final Fantasy XIII only took me 42 hrs to beat. I thoroughly enjoyed both of those games but missed a bunch of alfheim portals in Bayonetta (which I'm almost done with my 2nd playthrough) and with FFXIII I only did a few Cie'th stone missions.

Man, that is like almost the exact opposite way I play games. I do as many sidequests as I find until I feel satisfied and then I move onto the main story or in BioShock's case I explore every little inch of the world. Maybe it's because I plan on going into the gaming industry as a career so I just really have a strong appreciation for a developer's work on a game or the world the developer's created is so interesting and impressive I want to see every inch of it like Rapture in BioShock.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
It's a long game and one of the best fps's of this gen.