Hopefully Tomorrow...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jon09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jon09
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts

Hopefully I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow. I am selling 2 PS2s, 4 controllers, and about a dozen games for about £100. Then I will be paying about £340 for obviously the console, X-Men 3 (blu-ray), Motorstorm, Resistance and the HDMI cable.

Not a bad deal I reckon, what do you guys think?

PS. I have a 360 which I play on my Phillips HDTV, and I think the TV supports HDMI (it has options in the menu) so I assume it does. Is it complicated to set up?

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

Setting up the PS3 with HDMI is as simple as plugging it in and turning it on.  It auto detects all of your TVs settings.
Jon09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jon09
ah cool, good to hear, to check I have HDMI supported on my TV, which ports should I check I have?
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 guyhunter
ah cool, good to hear, to check I have HDMI supported on my TV, which ports should I check I have?Jon09

I don't want to sound obvious but HDMI...
Jon09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jon09
lol, thanks for the help anyway.
AlphaRedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlphaRedWolf
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts
Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beep
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 guyhunter
Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beepAlphaRedWolf

You what?  I just plugged mine in and turned it on.  I didn't have to hold anything down until I heard anything.
jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

ah cool, good to hear, to check I have HDMI supported on my TV, which ports should I check I have?Jon09

HDMI ?

AlphaRedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlphaRedWolf
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts

[QUOTE="AlphaRedWolf"]Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beepguyhunter

You what? I just plugged mine in and turned it on. I didn't have to hold anything down until I heard anything.

Maybe its only if your changing from one to the other??

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beepAlphaRedWolf

that is only if you had it connected with different cables prior to the HDMI or whatever cable you use second

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 guyhunter

[QUOTE="guyhunter"][QUOTE="AlphaRedWolf"]Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beepAlphaRedWolf

You what? I just plugged mine in and turned it on. I didn't have to hold anything down until I heard anything.

I went from component to HDMI.  I turned off the console, removed the component/audio cables, plugged in the HDMI, turned on the console.  Everything was auto detected.  I've also set up another console using HDMI only and it went through the same process.  This is on Sony Bravia TVs I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
[QUOTE="AlphaRedWolf"]

[QUOTE="guyhunter"][QUOTE="AlphaRedWolf"]Just to let you know for the PS3 to auto detect the HDMI you need to keep your finger on the power button until you hear a second beepguyhunter

I went from component to HDMI. I turned off the console, removed the component/audio cables, plugged in the HDMI, turned on the console. Everything was auto detected. I've also set up another console using HDMI only and it went through the same process. This is on Sony Bravia TVs I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Same Here, I have a Bravia Aswell
Jon09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jon09
well as I said I have a Phillips, so it may not auto detect. In theory all I will have to do is turn on the PS3 with the HDMI called plugging into the free slot...