This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamou166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adamou166
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts
I read the Open home beta would be in July sometime, its the last day of July today, anyone heard any other news?
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
last day of july is tomorow and i doubt open beta is anytime soon. They seem to be late with everything about the home beta. Maybe in august
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

last day of july is tomorow and i doubt open beta is anytime soon. They seem to be late with everything about the home beta. Maybe in augustMiguel16

was the open beta not supposed to be in august all allong.. because thats the impression I've been under.. or was it that it would be released in august?

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Miguel16

was suppose to be in july

MattDizzle904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MattDizzle904
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

[QUOTE="Miguel16"]last day of july is tomorow and i doubt open beta is anytime soon. They seem to be late with everything about the home beta. Maybe in augustThe_Tombo

was the open beta not supposed to be in august all allong.. because thats the impression I've been under.. or was it that it would be released in august?

yeah, thats the impression i got, im pretty sure they stated it would be released by the middle of august, but from the looks of things, the beta was primarly british users, so i dont know whats going on? haha

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Lol. You guys really can't wait until fall to get the full thing, eh?
adamou166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adamou166
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

Lol. You guys really can't wait until fall to get the full thing, eh?MusashiSensi

lol not really, i just wanna taste of the action.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

I could have sworn that Sony stated the Open Beta was starting in August.

s0njas0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 s0njas0n
Member since 2002 • 1044 Posts
nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eclipsed4utoo

all of you guys who thought the Open Beta was starting in July was wrong. where do you guys get your information from?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/playstation-home-coming-in-october;-beta-next-month-243568.php

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-Home-Beta-is-Under-Way-53901.shtml

And From Sony Themselves

Q: What is the timeline for rollout?
Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
Service Live (50,000+): October

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eclipsed4utoo

nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.s0njas0n

incorrect, read my links above.

cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="s0njas0n"]nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.eclipsed4utoo

Thank God you got here first lol I was about to release a huge blast of rage for this guy who kept saying July. Clearly he was false and people make mistakes but when you act certain like that without proof it makes me pissed. I also heard it was August so you guys still have hope I never once heard July I even remember there being a chart of the timelines.

April-August (Closed BETA)

August-October (Open Beta)

October (Final version)

Sycosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 Sycosi
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]

[QUOTE="s0njas0n"]nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.cripset87

Thank God you got here first lol I was about to release a huge blast of rage for this guy who kept saying July. Clearly he was false and people make mistakes but when you act certain like that without proof it makes me pissed. I also heard it was August so you guys still have hope I never once heard July I even remember there being a chart of the timelines.

October (Final version)

With the Open beta in Aug-Oct how will we be able to get hold of it? Any idea's?

cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
[QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]

[QUOTE="s0njas0n"]nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.Sycosi

October (Final version)

With the Open beta in Aug-Oct how will we be able to get hold of it? Any idea's?

Probably through the PSS the open beta won't be open to EVERYONE though it will just be an increase from what they've already gained I think the link said 50k or something. Now I'm not sure if they're sticking to 50k or if that'll increase as well until the final product, but I don't think people should expect it to be open to everyone before we get 50 threads about "I DONT SEE THE HOME BETA ON THE PS STORE!!!!"

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

God man, how difficult is it really? Look a question mark? Look two more??

Alex_grist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Alex_grist
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts
There were Unofficial Home pictures saying the Open Beta was July but a friend of mine who has Home has told me that the place on the Virtual PSP where that was has been removed.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miguel16
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]

[QUOTE="s0njas0n"]nope, it was supposed to be july, but they only have 2 more days... i'm thinking it's probably not coming out this month.cripset87

October (Final version)

wll i was going from the actual home beta. Im init and in the news it showed the open beta being in july

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Ok so here's my take on the whole thing and it's probably going to upset a few people. Yes from within the home beta it says Open Beta July 2007. So let's look back at what happened in July. A bunch of my friends who were not originally in the beta received emails and the beta in their store. So when you think about it, they did open the beta up to many more people. I personally feel what they meant by open beta was opener beta where they let more people in.

Point being, don't hold your breath for august either. What's the point of having a everyone come on in beta and not calling it a full release anyway?

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

all of you guys who thought the Open Beta was starting in July was wrong. where do you guys get your information from?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/playstation-home-coming-in-october;-beta-next-month-243568.php

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-Home-Beta-is-Under-Way-53901.shtml

And From Sony Themselves

Q: What is the timeline for rollout?
Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
Service Live (50,000+): Octobereclipsed4utoo

yay I was right ! :D

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eclipsed4utoo

Ok so here's my take on the whole thing and it's probably going to upset a few people. Yes from within the home beta it says Open Beta July 2007. So let's look back at what happened in July. A bunch of my friends who were not originally in the beta received emails and the beta in their store. So when you think about it, they did open the beta up to many more people. I personally feel what they meant by open beta was opener beta where they let more people in.

Point being, don't hold your breath for august either. What's the point of having a everyone come on in beta and not calling it a full release anyway?

The_Rick_14

could be. they could just do a running Beta and just open it up to more people. I think alot of people are thinking that Sony is going to close the Beta, then open it again.

oh and to anybody who thinks that EVERYBODY is getting in, please run home to mommy. remember, the OPEN BETA is still capped at 50,000 users.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
anyone know how to get into the open beta?
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
ohhh man over already and i didn't even try it..
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 eclipsed4utoo

anyone know how to get into the open beta?c0mplex

you have to be 18, you must be a member over on the PS boards, and you must register your PS3. I think those are the only requirements.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eclipsed4utoo

ohhh man over already and i didn't even try it..azimiballer

you have a tough time reading, don't you?

vip3r666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 vip3r666
Member since 2005 • 1398 Posts
just go to f***** www.homebetatrial.com and wait until sign-ups are open. whenever that site accepts sign-ups the Open Beta begins. its as simple as that
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

eclipsed4utoo

could be. they could just do a running Beta and just open it up to more people. I think alot of people are thinking that Sony is going to close the Beta, then open it again.

oh and to anybody who thinks that EVERYBODY is getting in, please run home to mommy. remember, the OPEN BETA is still capped at 50,000 users.

I really think they might have hit that cap through july. The Playstation HOME forums over at playstation.com were filled with people saying they checked their store and now had the beta.

Look at it this way though, if Home does release early October that's just over 2 months away. Not that much longer of a wait.