Home Audio with PS3 preferences??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
Hey this is to see what a majority of PS3 gamers have or prefer for a home audio speaker set.  Inspired by our friend who's taking off to the Air Force, the thread started a small debate about home audio.  I have heard rumors that Yamaha basically owns the top line for receivers.  Do you agree/disagree and why?  Klipsch, Bose, Yamaha, and JBL are all great manufacturers of speakers.  Which do you think is the best?  Why/why not?  I myself love my Yamaha receiver, and I think klipsch is definitely the top line of speakers - they sound awesome.  Please state your own opinions below.
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
I have a set of high quality B&W matrix speakers matched unfortunately with a lower-end Sony receiver that still supports all of the digital codecs..  I'm looking to get a Yamaha receiver or a new Sony one that is more in their high end product...more power basically
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
i have a sony 5.1 surround system. but i was going to get a yamaha one. but i couldnt afford that with the ps3 purchase. so i ended up just spending 199.00 for the sony one. its good but if i had more money i would of left with the yamaha and ps3, instead of sony and ps3 lol.
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts
i recently picked up a HTIB. I went with a Sony setup over a fairy nice pioneer setup. I didnt need anythign huge because i live in an apartment..and yea...anything bigger would jsut cause trouble. i has all the optical inputs i needed and some pass through hdmi for 250. wasnt a bad deal and sounds pretty nice.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

I prefer Harman Kardon for recievers and Bose or Klipsch speakers....so I am more of a mix...currently I have a Harman Kardon AVR 445 setup it 7.1 surround with a pair of Fisher Speakers old...old speakers made in 1965...but sound amazing....and then the other 5 are Kenwood speakers...

Waiting for Bose to release a nice 7.1 set of speakers....

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Sony
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
SOny and JBL, but no Polk or Infinity? Obviously if you have the $2000 you can't go wrong with Bose, but I'm perfectly happy with my Polk RM 10s, and my Denon AVR2307CI.
sugarfree2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sugarfree2002
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Of all those brands i'd proly go for Klipsch simply because they've been making speakers for a while now. Sony is a joke for speakers and amps. and Yamaha is Def not the best Amp out there Try Denon.

As far as anyone who think bose speaks sounds good they need to go SHOOT THEM SELF. Again let me put it this way... it is a personal preference. but for those who think bose speaks are great. please i challenge you to compare SIDE BY SIDE with your fav. music against other high end speaks ( at the same price range ) Boston acustics, M&K, Def Tech... hell even Polk audio will out perform Bose. (Don't even think i'm talking about small differences. i'm talking about "WTF was i thinking when i bought those damn Bose speakers" kind of diffs)

B&W and ban and olufsen speakers are just a bit ... over priced. or should i say HELLA OVER PRICED.

So if you are planning on wasting your money on a COOL SET of speakers... Please spend your money with a bit more style. Go for good Designs from B&W or Ban&Olufsen.

So. Klipsch For me.