This topic is locked from further discussion.

chicagodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chicagodon
Member since 2008 • 909 Posts

Who was changed their opinion about Home? When the beta first started it sucked the load time made it unusable then their was Xi which made it fun to come back to play detective. then it was boring again until the update which made the loading time eaiser to deal with. the spaces got minigames to play and the theater got way better. now game launching from the gamers lunge makes it even better. i think it went from F- to a B-. what do you think?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I played it once on the release date and ive never got back to it.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

I played it once on the release date and ive never got back to it.-Hoax-
you should give it another try. Alot of things have changed since it was first released.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It's a neat idea for those that are into "social networking" it has some potential I suppose. But my gripe is having to download updates for it, and download a huge file every time you want to add a new space. I installed it once. Played around and didn't really find anything that was THAT interesting. I played some f-zero looking combat arena game which was fairly cool for about 10 minutes, but rather pointless. Then I went to the "mall" which was absolutely retarded - that's they're moneymaker of course. Then after a few weeks I was going to check it out again and look at more areas. But it told me I needed to another series of updates, and those updates were almost 1GB. I said... "no thanks". Haven't gone back to it since.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

I enjoy HOME. It has changed quit a bit from the first BETA.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
Yeah HOME got way better and its actually a pretty cool place now with little fun things to do, but I had to delete it like a month ago since I was runing out of memory.
nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

It was okay, only been there like 7 times tops

RedWave247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 RedWave247
Member since 2004 • 1915 Posts

Conceptually, I think it's an interesting idea. Upon execution, not so much.

It's basically a glorified chat channel like IRC, but mixed with some elements of Second Life (especially buying new clothes and such). I've played around with it some and found some of it interesting. The bowling, for example, is oddly kind of fun. Most of the mini-games are kind of fun, honestly. I think there should be more rewards for playing said games, though.

I look at City of Heroes as a good example. A main part of that game is in the limitless costumes. Almost every major mission and especially holiday events give you new costume outfits. You're rewarded for the time you spend in the game and how long you've had an account there. And you can get all of these extra bonuses and costumes just for playing the game. Granted, they've started charging for some costume packs, but not too many.

In Home's case, you could get bonuses for having certain games, downloading demos, etc. I think they still do that, as far as the demos go, but I'm not sure. The problem also is people who rent or borrow games who haven't paid for that game. BUT, it would still be a great way to get more Home items. Wasn't there some way to get the Batcave for owning Arkham Asylum or the demo?

I wonder, though. What if interface for everything was through Home, rather than the front screen? To buy a new game, you walk into a gaming store? That sort of thing? It might be needlessly complex and turn off a lot of people, but others (like myself) might find it neat.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I'm on home from time to time. It's gotten a lot better than before, but it still needs a lot of improvments.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

A fun place to mess with dudes that harass girl avatars :D

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
Remove the little kids with uncontrollable hormone issues, and I will return.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

yeah home is pretty nifty I used it to watch alfro samurai in Home Theater it was pretty awesome, I hope they show more animes in the Theater...