Hideki Kamiya hopes Bayonetta will be 'sadistically hard'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EXO-grey-fox
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

Director Hideki Kamiya wants to be upfront about his new project, Bayonetta, as much as possible and wants to let gamers know what they're getting into. "With Bayonetta, we would hate for someone to think it is a heartwarming tale and then buy the game to discover it is really a sadistically hard game (I hope...)," says Kamiya in his first entry on Bayo-Blog.

Kamiya warns not to let the gentle-looking female lead fool you, pointing out that Bayonetta is full of "hardcore battle action." We think this comes through clearly enough, judging from the Devil May Cry vibe we've picked up from the past couple of screenshots and vids

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

All i can say is bring it on i like a challenge especially in a game like this.DMC with Dante must die is pretty brutal itself so im up for this :D

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I'll be playing on the easiest mode available... (and if its anything like DMC3 or NGS i'll be dying 3 times right off the bat) I hate hard games, if i can play a game start to finish without dying on the easiest difficulty then i'll be happy... the only exception is Uncharted, that game was alot of fun on Hard, crushing though... meh..
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

this is a guy who has beat shinobi so he knows what hard is

i was already pretty excited for this game but, hearing this... oh my...

i have found an answer to my sig

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I hate dying over and over again. It took me like 2 years to beat Ninja Gaiden because I would just quit for 2 or 3 months when ever I got stuck.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts

I hope its not too hard (or at least lets me change difficulty) coz this game looks hot, I wanna play it badly.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Oh noes, hard game is just hard...

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

All I have to say is bring it on! After beating DMC3 & NGS, I'm ready for anything.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
As long as it's legitimately hard and not just because the camera is horrible or enemies off screen kill you with 1 hit, I'm fine with this. Also, hopefully have an easy mode as unlockable.
pamplinas322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pamplinas322
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts
This game looks cool. I like the ability to fire guns with your feet and the fact that when you take damage part of what she is wearing comes off. lol
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

i'm suprised scanix hasn't shown up yet...

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 samuraiguns
This game looks cool. I like the ability to fire guns with your feet and the fact that when you take damage part of what she is wearing comes off. lolpamplinas322
A lot of pre-determined boners will come from this game.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 samuraiguns

i'm suprised scanix hasn't shown up yet...

adizorz
Prolly, sleeping.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I don't mind high difficulty as long as there are many different costumes to unlock.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

You're slow, EXO. :P

And yes. I'm hoping the game is a good challenge, not catering to the young at heart or typical average gamer.

It's a bullet witch with gun heels and glasses; not much would appeal to a casual audience.

I'm specifically excited about Climax kills. Those should be... fun, to say the least. :twisted:

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

And yes. I'm hoping the game is a good challenge, not catering to the young at heart or typical average gamer.

It's a bullet witch with gun heels and glasses; not much would appeal to a casual audience.

I'm specifically excited about Climax kills. Those should be... fun, to say the least. :twisted:

Scianix-Black

climax kills?

Sign me up hahaha!

Can't wait to run around busting up peoples faces with a scantily clad woman. I know its animated and stuff but hell, im still a guy hahaha :P.

I REALLY hope they make it a sadistically hard game. Too many games now a days are farrrrrrrr too easy. It would be a big turn off though if it is sadistically hard because of stupid little things like 1 hit kills from people you can't see (someone else already mentioned this)

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Guns? check

Swords? check

Insane difficulty? check

Only thing missing are the words "Devil May Cry: Dante's Post-Op"

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

Lets just hope the gameplay is good,cause if you got bad gameplay+ Stupidly hard difficulty you have a recipe for a bad cake.I want the gameplay to be as fluid and fun as Ninja Gaiden......But with a better story than Ninja Gaiden.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scianix-Black

climax kills?

Sign me up hahaha!

Can't wait to run around busting up peoples faces with a scantily clad woman. I know its animated and stuff but hell, im still a guy hahaha :P.

I REALLY hope they make it a sadistically hard game. Too many games now a days are farrrrrrrr too easy. It would be a big turn off though if it is sadistically hard because of stupid little things like 1 hit kills from people you can't see (someone else already mentioned this)

KapG

Hehe, yeah. There are a few climax kills shown in the trailer, such as the guillotine.

They're brutal.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PoisoN_Facecam0

Lets just hope the gameplay is good,cause if you got bad gameplay+ Stupidly hard difficulty you have a recipe for a bad cake.I want the gameplay to be as fluid and fun as Ninja Gaiden......But with a better story than Ninja Gaiden.

K1LLR3175
lol, yeah, it would be stupid if it was just hard because the controls suck or the camera sucks or something...
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Difficulty in the next gen? Not even DMC4 actually......Count me a bit more interested, but if it's cheap like Ninja Gaiden...then no.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

That other guys sig picture is better than yours... What are you gonna do??? :lol: Just playing
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 K1LLR3175
Difficulty in the next gen? Not even DMC4 actually......Count me a bit more interested, but if it's cheap like Ninja Gaiden...then no.Symphonycometh
Ninja gaiden isn't really cheap if you learn the combos and what not.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

That other guys sig picture is better than yours... What are you gonna do??? :lol: Just playing

He use to have an animated Bayonetta sig........Problem is he got modded for it I believe.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

My excitement just shot through the roof. I hope it's on par with stuff like DMC3, Ninja Gaiden or (even harder) Metal Arms!

caiadas25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 caiadas25
Member since 2009 • 431 Posts
[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]I'll be playing on the easiest mode available... (and if its anything like DMC3 or NGS i'll be dying 3 times right off the bat) I hate hard games, if i can play a game start to finish without dying on the easiest difficulty then i'll be happy... the only exception is Uncharted, that game was alot of fun on Hard, crushing though... meh..

I like a good challenge... Sometimes very easy games are just not fun...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scianix-Black

K1LLR3175

He use to have an animated Bayonetta sig........Problem is he got modded for it I believe.

lol, That picture used to be in my profile, but I switched it out.

And that .gif file got modded all 4 times I put it up here, and I got suspended twice for it. :lol:

I'm thinking of changing the sig picture anyway. I might use a different Bayonetta screenshot, because this one is kinda jaggy.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]That other guys sig picture is better than yours... What are you gonna do??? :lol: Just playingScianix-Black

And that .gif file got modded all 4 times I put it up here, and I got suspended twice for it. :lol:

I'm thinking of changing the sig picture anyway. I might use a different Bayonetta screenshot, because this one is kinda jaggy.

Crotch shots FTW!!!
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 K1LLR3175

He use to have an animated Bayonetta sig........Problem is he got modded for it I believe.K1LLR3175

Crotch shots FTW!!!

Ahh I have C.Shots of Martha,but I save them for me and me only.The Panther shot of my lady is good enough for my sig.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 samuraiguns

Difficulty in the next gen? Not even DMC4 actually......Count me a bit more interested, but if it's cheap like Call of Duty: World at War...then no.Symphonycometh

Non-Existant.

I hate this game. :D

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PoisoN_Facecam0
[QUOTE="caiadas25"][QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]I'll be playing on the easiest mode available... (and if its anything like DMC3 or NGS i'll be dying 3 times right off the bat) I hate hard games, if i can play a game start to finish without dying on the easiest difficulty then i'll be happy... the only exception is Uncharted, that game was alot of fun on Hard, crushing though... meh..

I like a good challenge... Sometimes very easy games are just not fun...

Yeah but to a point... i mean if i'm ever getting frustrated or annoyed and not having fun i'll just lower the difficulty..
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Considering I loved playing the Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden series, I might have to check this one out however I will wait for some reviews which is something I don't normally do.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 K1LLR3175

Considering I loved playing the Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden series, I might have to check this one out however I will wait for some reviews which is something I don't normally do.

1uP_OnYou
Damn it,you tricked me again.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="1uP_OnYou"]

K1LLR3175

Huh? Inside joke, I assume?

buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

Bring it on, if the teasers are anything compared to the final, with DMC-type gameplay, yeah...baby!

Nice new sig Scianix, you'll get moded, I'm sure.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Scianix-Black

Bring it on, if the teasers are anything compared to the final, with DMC-type gameplay, yeah...baby!

Nice new sig Scianix, you'll get moded, I'm sure.

buckugly

Yeah.

There isn't even anything wrong with it, but they'll find something. :roll:

buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts
Bastards....( ;
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="1uP_OnYou"]

Scianix-Black

No,him and cometh have the same pic.So everytime I see that pic I think it is cometh,but it ends up being 1up lol.So he tricks me.And nice new sig indeed.I doubt you will get modded this time.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 samuraiguns

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Damn it,you tricked me again.K1LLR3175

No,him and cometh have the same pic.So everytime I see that pic I think it is cometh,but it ends up being 1up lol.So he tricks me.And nice new sig indeed.I doubt you will get modded this time.

LMAO, we think alike. Since Symphony doesn't come on like he used to, I always mistake this guy for him.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

samuraiguns

LMAO, we think alike. Since Symphony doesn't come on like he used to, I always mistake this guy for him.

Oh, hah. Funny because Symphony is at the top of the page lol.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"][QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]No,him and cometh have the same pic.So everytime I see that pic I think it is cometh,but it ends up being 1up lol.So he tricks me.And nice new sig indeed.I doubt you will get modded this time.

Scianix-Black

Oh, hah. Funny because Symphony is at the top of the page lol.

I know,I had to scroll up to the top of the page to remember how to spell cometh lol.