Help with demos!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shanzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 shanzor
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts
I already checked in the demo list and stuff like that and I didn't find an answer. When I try to download a demo (I use the computer method) I am able to get everything to work fine. I extract the file and transfer it into the GAME file on the PSP. When it transfers, it says that the system couldn't transfer the EBOOT.PBP because it doesnt recognize it. When I try to play the demo it fails to play and I have to exit out of the demo. Can anyone help?

DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DevinB9
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Try downloading the demo from somewhere else.
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts
what size mem stick do you have? .Also the eboots.pbp usually download in its full form meaning no extraction is usually needed. just copy and save.
Avatar image for Greenwhitegreen
Greenwhitegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Greenwhitegreen
Member since 2006 • 6315 Posts
It happens to me sometimes and I have to keep on trying until it works or I just find another game to download...:)
shanzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shanzor
I have a 256mb mem stick and I've already downloaded the demo from 2 sites. Also, I need to extract it because it came with a read me attached, but I'll try to not extract it. By the way, it's the Killzone demo.

nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nexusprime

By the way, it's the Killzone demo. shanzor

That explains a whole lot more. The folder for the Killzone demo *must* to be named UCES00279-Demo otherwise it simply wont work. Its the only demo to date that has a specific folder name. It also the only demo Ive seen that has 2 files, so make sure you have both the EBOOT.pbp and the KZL.drm files.

DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DevinB9
I had the same problem with the killzone demo except I could transfer it to my memory without an error.  I renamed the folder to the name you're supposed to use but I still couldn't start the demo.  I know quite a few people posted having the same problem even after changing the folder name as well.
lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 lucknumber1
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts
the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279     notice the UCES
DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DevinB9
the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279 notice the UCESlucknumber1

Not true, you can name the folders anything you want, with the only exception being killzone's demo.  I'm not sure if it has always been like that or if a later firmware added that ability.
lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lucknumber1
[QUOTE="lucknumber1"]the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279 notice the UCESDevinB9

Not true, you can name the folders anything you want, with the only exception being killzone's demo.  I'm not sure if it has always been like that or if a later firmware added that ability.

i was told that the psp could only read certain files like the UCES ones , thsts what i did when i put demos on mine and they worked everytime
DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DevinB9
[QUOTE="DevinB9"][QUOTE="lucknumber1"]the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279 notice the UCESlucknumber1

Not true, you can name the folders anything you want, with the only exception being killzone's demo. I'm not sure if it has always been like that or if a later firmware added that ability.

i was told that the psp could only read certain files like the UCES ones , thsts what i did when i put demos on mine and they worked everytime

It doesn't matter what you name them, they will still work.
lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lucknumber1
[QUOTE="lucknumber1"][QUOTE="DevinB9"][QUOTE="lucknumber1"]the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279 notice the UCESDevinB9

Not true, you can name the folders anything you want, with the only exception being killzone's demo. I'm not sure if it has always been like that or if a later firmware added that ability.

It doesn't matter what you name them, they will still work.

i didnt say they wouldnt work .....
DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DevinB9
the only timg with downloading demos and puting them on ur psp is that they all have to have a file name like - UCES00279 notice the UCESlucknumber1

lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lucknumber1
what did i tell u kid
shanzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shanzor
its not working with the medal of honor demo either...

it keeps saying that it couldn't specify the data path and then it doesn't work...

lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lucknumber1

it keeps saying that it couldn't specify the data path and then it doesn't work...
 shanzor

shanzor
where did u get the demo so i can try to work it out
lucknumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lucknumber1

shanzor
ok yea u must really suck cuz i just downloaded it and im playing it as im typing
shanzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shanzor
i got the medal of honor one off of http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/398277 and I tried it from the sony website, and i think from a link on these forums

shanzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shanzor
nevermind guys, i got killzone to work

nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nexusprime

finally man:)

nitrous998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nitrous998
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
hey i cant get MOH 2 work from yourpsp.com it says theres a corrupt file or something with the java or the server aint ready help plz thx