Help: Which game should I buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts

Resistance 2, Fallout 3, or Far Cry 2.. Which one do you guys think is better?

I wanted to make a poll, but right now it doesn't work..

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
i think you like a shooter... I say Resistance 2. Fallout 3 is and RPG.
Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#3 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
THey're all great but Far Cry is a step below the others. Fallout 3 has the most replayability imo and has more RPG elements than shooting elements. So it really does depend on taste.
Deepcut9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deepcut9
Member since 2007 • 761 Posts
Give me money and I'll buy all the great games for you.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Fallout 3 is the least mediocre of the bunch.
gersan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gersan93
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
Never played any of them, but I would say Resistance 2 based off what I've seen. After that would be Fallout 3. Far Cry 2 just doesn't look as interesting as those two.
drswank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

#7 drswank
Member since 2002 • 943 Posts
Fallout 3 has more bang for the buck...if you can look past looking through inventory screens.
Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

Ronstera
Fallout 3 for its amazing replay value and its huge....
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
You can cancel out far cry 2. If you're more leaning on pure action then resistance 2, if more RPG + single-player stuff then Fallout 3, these two are quite equal on replayability.
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
I guess it's gonna be Fallout 3 then..
techie45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 techie45
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

I guess it's gonna be Fallout 3 then..Ronstera

That's what I recommend as well.

cdx00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 cdx00
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

Resistance 2 gets my vote. Fallout 3 was quite mediocre and dragged on and on and on. I finished the game in its entirity and didn't feel satisfied. At all. The story is lackluster and the action is quite stale after a few handfuls of fights. Once you find the Chinese Assaut Rifle, you're set til the end of the game. The economy is nonexistent. The UI is horrible, you'll enjoy digging through the Pipboy, it adds to the tedium that everyone seems to enjoy. Fallout 3 is an OK game, I'd say worth a rental at best.

Resistance 2 has some of the most esaily accessible and most addictive online gameplay. The 8-player Co-op is a blast and when you're up for it, the 30 vs. 30 skirmishes are ALWAYS exciting. Resistance 2, although easily accessible, has a steep learning curve. People who have played longer online not only frag you given their higher experience and player time, but their levels also grant them power-ups that you're not accessible to, which proves to be quite annoying when starting.

Just my two cents. I'd never pay full price for a game that didn't offer a bit of multiplayer.

bufu21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bufu21
Member since 2006 • 1214 Posts

Ronstera
All i can say is dont get far cry 2. I got it and i played it only for two days till i had enough of it. If you like more action get r2 if you like more decision making and long campaign get fall out 3
Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#14 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

Resistance 2 gets my vote. Fallout 3 was quite mediocre and dragged on and on and on. I finished the game in its entirity and didn't feel satisfied. At all. The story is lackluster and the action is quite stale after a few handfuls of fights. Once you find the Chinese Assaut Rifle, you're set til the end of the game. The economy is nonexistent. The UI is horrible, you'll enjoy digging through the Pipboy, it adds to the tedium that everyone seems to enjoy. Fallout 3 is an OK game, I'd say worth a rental at best.

Resistance 2 has some of the most esaily accessible and most addictive online gameplay. The 8-player Co-op is a blast and when you're up for it, the 30 vs. 30 skirmishes are ALWAYS exciting. Resistance 2, although easily accessible, has a steep learning curve. People who have played longer online not only frag you given their higher experience and player time, but their levels also grant them power-ups that you're not accessible to, which proves to be quite annoying when starting.

Just my two cents. I'd never pay full price for a game that didn't offer a bit of multiplayer.

cdx00
This is what I hate about this gen, most games get away with a mediocre SP campaign with multiplayer. Others like bioshock, MGS 4 are good examples of how good games with great campaign.