help!! PS3 can't detect my pics or music on DVDs....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
Ok basically i have a bunch of songs iw ant to put on my ps3 and i made a dvd with songs in it and popped it in. when i selected it under the pictures or music section, it says no tracks/pictures detected. when i used a usb stick, i just clicked (view all) for it and found it but you cant use this option for DVD's... help i dont have enough room on my usb stick, how do i find a way to upload stuff from a DVD to the ps3???
ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts
That's odd, it works fine for me, I can browse and select music tracks/pictures...
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts

Ok basically i have a bunch of songs iw ant to put on my ps3 and i made a dvd with songs in it and popped it in. when i selected it under the pictures or music section, it says no tracks/pictures detected. when i used a usb stick, i just clicked (view all) for it and found it but you cant use this option for DVD's... help i dont have enough room on my usb stick, how do i find a way to upload stuff from a DVD to the ps3???junk56

if you got an ipod you can use that to swap media uhh just upload every thing on your flash drive to your ps3 and keep transfering files 

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts

ISO 9660 Joliet or whatever, thats the setting the data must be burned in anything else will not work and you have to close the disk so that no furth writing is possible. Multi-session disks won't show.

Peace 

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

ISO 9660 Joliet or whatever, thats the setting the data must be burned in anything else will not work and you have to close the disk so that no furth writing is possible. Multi-session disks won't show.

Peace 

pimperjones

they will if you Finalize them after the disc is full.

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pimperjones
[QUOTE="pimperjones"]

Peace

americahellyeah

they will if you Finalize them after the disc is full.

yes that would be closing the disk lol
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

i am not a pro for this on the ps3 .... i didn't even try it yet, take my advice if you want

but you might need to make only one big "dvd" file on your dvd ... wich would be a   .iso   (containing all the info) ... so the ps3 will really read "the dvd like a real dvd"

but i can't tell you if you'll be able to split up your songs and play only one at a time once it's on the ps3
try that ...

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pimperjones

i am not a pro for this on the ps3 .... i didn't even try it yet, take my advice if you want

but you might need to make only one big "dvd" file on your dvd ... wich would be a .iso (containing all the info) ... so the ps3 will really read "the dvd like a real dvd"

but i can't tell you if you'll be able to split up your songs and play only one at a time once it's on the ps3
try that ...

waza000
WTF R u talking about? Just do the 9660 joliet thing and close the damn disk thats all.
ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts
When you burn your files put them in the correct folder so that it can be read by the PS3. Like MUSIC & PHOTO for instance.
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
Works fine for me, I think it depends on how you format the disc when you burn it.
ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts

Yup, you need the correct format and it has to be finalized.

Default Nero settings should work. 

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 junk56
wait i have nero express. can somebody give me a step by step instructions on how to likse close the disc in nero and put in music files etc.
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 junk56
bump