Help please my new PS3 Slim 160GB makes Loud noise when reading the game disks.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSerpent
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

I need to know if this is normal, since the console is brand new.

Whichever game I slide in, starts reading it making a pretty loud noise. It is very annoying!. The only way to play is to raise the volume of the tv.

Is this normal in this models?. Should I try to change it at the store for anotherone? Will I encounter the same issue in a new unit of the same model?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I need to know if this is normal, since the console is brand new.

Whichever game I slide in, starts reading it making a pretty loud noise. It is very annoying!. The only way to play is to raise the volume of the tv.

Is this normal in this models?. Should I try to change it at the store for anotherone? Will I encounter the same issue in a new unit of the same model?

TheSerpent

While I have no way of knowing what a "loud sound" is to you, personally, it should not impede your ability to hear game sound at normal volumes... I would get it exchanged. Disc activity in a PS3 slim is no more disturbing than any other device, on the whole.

TheSerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheSerpent
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

The loud noise is the reading of the drive (when it reads the disks). If it would be 10 times silent it would be normal. But when it reads the disks its loud, the spining I mean.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Again it's a tough call at a distance. PS3s aren't whisper-quiet by any stretch of the imagination. Loading of information doesn't sound like grinding gears, though. If you are concerned, take the game and the console back to point-of-purchase and have a salesman put it through it's paces. Generally, they can tell you if something sounds right, or if it needs replacing.

It's not mis-reading or otherwise F-ing up on the load, right? No error codes or frozen screens?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I had a 60 Gb and the slim is much louder wehn reading the disc

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

It should stop being loud after a while of reading the disc.