help!! my ps3 wont work in my house!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersha1
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My sons ps3 has worked fine for 6mths then a few works ago broke it freezes on the main menu, sometimes says files are corrupt but you cant get any further than that, i took it back to the shop were it worked fine? I got it home and it wont work, iv took it back to the shop another 2 times and again it works fine so they wont help, yesterday 2 of my neighbours who obviously didnt believe me both tried it in my house then in theres, and it wont work in mine but will everywhere else!! HELP!!
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

That's really odd. Have you tried plugging it in to other t.v's in the house or other outlets?

supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supersha1
yep :( we have 3 tvs at home it wont work on any?? with or without scart
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nauron-
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

when you take it outside the house, do you use your own power cable? I think this is a power issue, either from the cable, the port, or the electricity of your house altogether

supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supersha1
i live on an estate and were all powered the same it doesnt make sense i know but sony or the extra insurance i took out wont help as it works everywhere else :(
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nauron-

see if someones else's PS3 works at your place. If it does then trade your ps3 with theirs :P

I'm sorry I cant help, but your problem is very strange, nothing I've heard of before.

BrutalFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrutalFury
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

Shot in the dark. Try turning of all the power in your house in your trip switch box. Wait a while and turn on again.

I have never heard of this before; it sounds really bizzare and must be very annoying for you.

Keep us informed anyway, I'd love to know the outcome

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
i live on an estate and were all powered the same it doesnt make sense i know but sony or the extra insurance i took out wont help as it works everywhere else :(supersha1
your wiring inside your home could be stuffed though, but I still dont understand how other appliances can work yet your ps3 doesnt, perhaps it combined with all your other appliances just tip it over the edge of using too much power.
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nauron-
[QUOTE="supersha1"]i live on an estate and were all powered the same it doesnt make sense i know but sony or the extra insurance i took out wont help as it works everywhere else :(Wuflungdung
your wiring inside your home could be stuffed though, but I still dont understand how other appliances can work yet your ps3 doesnt, perhaps it combined with all your other appliances just tip it over the edge of using too much power.

and the ps3 alone is a power hungry beast.
Wizgot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Wizgot
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Have you been nice to your PS3. I mean, maybe he/she decided and just doesnt want to be with you anymore:P . Or, you probably have some sort of supernatural occurance going on in the house.

supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 supersha1
iv turned everything off in the house iv tried tried the trip switch, its driving me and my neighbours mental!! They cant believe it till they get here and see it
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 supersha1
im very nice to it lol but starting to lose my temper now lol sony think im a nutter as do gamestation! i also have 3 neighbours who havnt slept trying to think of reasons we have tried everthing! :(
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 supersha1
were not even a very techno family just have the usual appliances but i have tried switching everything off and nothing my neighbours even had my ps3 goin on 1 telly 360 on another in there house yet took it back to mine an nothing all they say is it doesnt make sense it cant happen lol but it is
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Why don't you just try cleaning it ? and do you have a warranty ?
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 supersha1
iv tried hun :( its doin my head in :( an i have a very unhappy 10yr old but at least my neighbours now all believe as theyv all done it
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Have any upgrades been done to your home or around your home? Utility companys maybe? Electric, cable, phone, internet, water, anything?

Also, what Young_Charter said. If you said you only had it for six months, use the warrenty and get a new one. See if that works. Then you will definately know if it is or is not something inside your house. Also try replacing the power cord to the PS3or any cables you have going to your television. Good luck.

supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 supersha1
its under the 12mth guarentee and i took out seperate insurance for it but they wont help as it works in the shop they wont even send it away for someone to look at it as there saying there isnt a fault :( I understand what there saying they have to see the fault but it doesnt help us
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 supersha1

Have any upgrades been done to your home or around your home? Utility companys maybe? Electric, cable, phone, internet, water, anything?

Also, what Young_Charter said. If you said you only had it for six months, use the warrenty and get a new one. See if that works. Then you will definately know if it is or is not something inside your house. Also try replacing the power cord to the PS3or any cables you have going to your television. Good luck.

FIREKNIGHT19
also as far as i know nothing has been done in the area and no other neighbours are having any similar problems
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 supersha1
Why don't you just try cleaning it ? and do you have a warranty ? Young_Charter
weve tried everything but even if it was 1 of these problems how come it works everywhere else? gamestation? my neighbours? and i have insurance and its still under warranty but they cant do anything as they have to witness the fault i have asked them to come to my home to which they laughed and said if it works in the shop it will work anywere :(
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Are you always plugging it into the same outlet and television? Or better yet, are you always in the same ROOM. It might be a power problem related to that specific room. Also, what Wuflungdung said. Try unplugging your appliances and see if that fixes the problem. It might be a power issue. In my parents old house you couldn't run the microwave and dishwasher at the same time. Whole house would go black. If not try what I said before and check/replace your power cords and cables.

If you cannot figure this out, you might have to get your neighbors to adopt your 10 year old. Lol.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

It must be something with the connector cable or something. Is there anything wrong with your connector cable or outlet problems maybe? Do you have problems watching TV or does this problem only happen on your PS3?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Have you tried using someone elses PS3 in your home? I have never heard of this in my life... All i can think of is electrostatic in your house causing your HDD to not be readable... maybe a powerline running right under your house?
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
If you use the same cord at other locations then chances are there is most likely a fault in the homes wiring that the PS3 is not getting full power. This is something you might want a electrician look at because it could lead to a house fire if it's not corrected.
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supersha1
Thanks everyone, Iv tried using the ps3 with just the tv and ps3 on and everything else switched off and nothing :( im not aware of any work having been done in the area but im sure if it was that wouldnt it affect my neighbours? Iv tried everthing lol maybe il have to go with the neighbour adopting my son with the ps3 haha Thanks for trying though xx
supersha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 supersha1
im going to try my daughters in my house today I think her boyfriend is a bit reluctant incase somehow my house does something to there ps3 haha iv explained that it will work when he gets it back home xx
Beck1110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Beck1110
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Do you have a PC? Does it work? It sounds like your house wiring isn't right.

If your with council get them to check it, if not then it's going to be costly to get an electrician to check it out. it's a few hours work to go round the house and troubleshoot. If your PS3 works in other places then it's not the PS3.

Beck1110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beck1110
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Also are you using the same power cable at other people's houses? As you said gamestation I gather your from the UK. The power cable for a ps3 is the same as the one's used for PC's(3 prong, used in old kettles also), try using the one from your PC if you have one.

If it's not the cable, take it over to a neighbours again and get your son to play it for a couple hours, if it doesn't crash then it's 100% not your playstation and something to do with the wiring/plugs in the house.

Good luck

Wizgot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Wizgot
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Like everyone said, your plugs are probably messed up. I lived in the us and bought a ps3 slim there. When i moved to spain I plugged it in and it would not turn on due to the voltage of the ps3 because the ps3 is 120v and the plugs in Spain are 220v. I had to use a voltage converter to get it to work. The voltage in your house is probably messed up.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
maybe you should try running or finding a circuit (outlet) that is dedicated (by it self on a cicuit breaker) and try that, you might just not be able to pull enough power from the other outlets, but that is really weird.