Help me getting start into Metal Gear.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by padaporra (3508 posts) -

I got Metal Gear Rising last week and by Jupiter, it's awesome. AWESOME I tell you! And I kinda liked the feel it had to it, the dialogue felt a discussion over an internet board... with that in mind, I decided to give Metal Gear a try, a series that I wasn't ever interested (rising was my first).

But I don't know where to begin, I mean, I have a PS3... there is a collection, isn't there? It's the way to go?

Give me a hand here.

Thanks.

#2 Posted by SlyRoxas97 (59 posts) -

Buy the Legacy Collection, it's got all the canon Metal Gear Solid games on it. Make sure to not buy it used, MGS1 is a download code.

#3 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

@padaporra said:

I got Metal Gear Rising last week and by Jupiter, it's awesome. AWESOME I tell you! And I kinda liked the feel it had to it, the dialogue felt a discussion over an internet board... with that in mind, I decided to give Metal Gear a try, a series that I wasn't ever interested (rising was my first).

But I don't know where to begin, I mean, I have a PS3... there is a collection, isn't there? It's the way to go?

Give me a hand here.

Thanks.

Get the Collection buy it new as mgs1 is a download code, shame really that was probably the one game which really needed a touch up, but Honestly the original is the best story, people say 2 was, but for me 2 was a complete carbon copy of one, to the extent the whole incident on the tanker in number 2 was to set him up just like solid in mgs1, but thats just me lol number 3 is probably the greatest one of them so i'd play them all in order.

but must warn you rising was a completely different type of game to the rest of the metal gear solid franchise.

#4 Edited by dipdish (876 posts) -

Keep in mind that Metal Gear Rising is a completely different experience than those Metal Gear games.

By the way, I could not beat that final boss, and got bored and quit the game. He was a horrible, horrible boss!

#5 Posted by MarcRecon (8105 posts) -

Wiki is your friend

#6 Edited by donalbane (16383 posts) -

Watch a let's play on Youtube of MGS3, which is the first game chronologically... see if that type of game appeals to you. If so, but the aforementioned collection, which is a great deal.

#7 Posted by ankor77 (1254 posts) -

I just bought the Vita HD collection thinking I would love to go back and replay 2, and then play 3 which I never did. After a few tries at 2 I just can't bring myself to play it. The game still looks great, but the controls are awful! I really wish they updated the controls to modern day dual sticks functions with the HD remakes. Im going to give 3 a shot before I give up. Im going to skip peace walker and get a wiki story update before playing 4 again.