Help?!? Gunmetal PS3 MGS4 special bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coleman2886

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Coleman2886
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

Hey community...

i am very confused. I went to Konami.com on monday to pick up my gunmetal grey PS3 pre-order, but the only option was "wish list." my question to you all, does this mean i missed the preorder and i am S.O.L, or has the limited pre-order not yet happened? I do not yet own a PS3, but would like to get one for MGS4 and thought this was an attractive bundle.

thanks for your wisdom and knowledge

-cole

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

Hey community...

i am very confused. I went to Konami.com on monday to pick up my gunmetal grey PS3 pre-order, but the only option was "wish list." my question to you all, does this mean i missed the preorder and i am S.O.L, or has the limited pre-order not yet happened? I do not yet own a PS3, but would like to get one for MGS4 and thought this was an attractive bundle.

-cole

Coleman2886

My understanding of the situation was this. It was a very limited run of 40GB models (no backwards compatibilty to PS2 games, pretty sure it's compatible with PS1, just FYI). Also, it was color more than anything you're missing out on. I'm of the understanding that another bundle (PS3+MGS4+regular 6-axis (w/o rumble)) is still on the line for US customers. So all is not lost. Also, there is a chance that joining the wishlist could get you a gun metal grey model, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You can still get a PS3 bundled with MGS4, though, if you so wish.

Coleman2886

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Coleman2886
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

thanks...still looking for the Limited Edition of MGS4....does that come in said bundle? i want to watch those documentaries etc.

Avatar image for delete-mikey050591
delete-mikey050591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 delete-mikey050591
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts
[QUOTE="Coleman2886"]

Hey community...

-cole

elemental_drago

My understanding of the situation was this. It was a very limited run of 40GB models (no backwards compatibilty to PS2 games, pretty sure it's compatible with PS1, just FYI). Also, it was color more than anything you're missing out on. I'm of the understanding that another bundle (PS3+MGS4+regular 6-axis (w/o rumble)) is still on the line for US customers. So all is not lost. Also, there is a chance that joining the wishlist could get you a gun metal grey model, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You can still get a PS3 bundled with MGS4, though, if you so wish.

Completely wrong. Keep checking Konami- they may have some tomorrow. Also the other bundle is an 80 gig (black) with the standard edition MGS4 game and a Dualshock 3. The gray bundle comes with the gray ps3 (which may be a different casing material), Limited edition MGS4, and a Gray dualshock 3. I got one from Konami and I dont want it anymore so Im looking to sell if interested.