help. cant remember my psn password

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts

Hi,

I am still logged onto my PSN acount, but I can't change anything in the account information section.

i am trying to update my e-mail address because I don't want it connected to one of my old hotmail accounts that has been blocked.

I can't seem to access my old e-mail account and can't access the account information on my PSN account. What should I do?

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

If you can't reset your password, would recommend either calling Sony to see if they can reset it somehow, or create a new account.

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shinigami-uk

If you can't reset your password, would recommend either calling Sony to see if they can reset it somehow, or create a new account.

WhiteStormy
i do not really want to get a new account because of trophies, save files, games and friends list. i guess i have no choice but to call sony. just seems really annoying since i just purchased a ps+ voucher and do not kow if i should create a new account to put ps+ on or on my original account. i am getting a vita in a day or so, so i really want to be running everything on one account.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Here's a tip: Pick a PW you can remember.
shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shinigami-uk
Here's a tip: Pick a PW you can remember.Kravyn81
its been around 6 years since i ha that account.... many things have changed... emails have been blocked... and you pretty much only enter your psn password once... kinda hard to remember that
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

If you get you're password reset, I would recommend writing it down and taping it to the bottom or back of your PS3. It sounds stupid, but I do it because I have too many passwords to remember these days.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Call SCEA and they'll give you a temporary one to log in with and then you log in and change it.

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shinigami-uk
thanks for the help and advice guys. i ended up calling sony supportto change my email address. i needed to email them with a proof of id and address withthe email address i wanted to change with. they are now investigating the case and wil email me tomorrow probably with a link to reset my password. First time i ever rang up a support line that was friendly and hopefully everything will work out fine. the uk support line is 08447360595 if anyone needs to call. that number does cost quite abit to call so dont stay on the line too long. will update if anyone is curious if they was able to find a solution. if not then i will be angry
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Glad this happens to someone else. I cannot remember My PSN password either. So I gave Up. I reset it before 3 times. But I end up forgetting the new one.