Heavenly Sword 2???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

ok so its been a long time since the first came out and every where it is still 50-60 dollars. anybody else think that they should have came out with a second heavenly sword.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

ok so its been a long time since the first came out and every where it is still 50-60 dollars. anybody else think that they should have came out with a second heavenly sword.

x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
No. The first one end perfectly. Just wait for enslaved, it is suppose to be like the spiritual successor to Heavenly sword.
x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

yea the ending was perfect but that game could have made a sequel or something. thanks man i will check that out

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
ninja theory or what ever went multiplatform so it won't happen. Atleast from them.
envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

I can't imagine a sequel but maybe a prequel but it was a great game nonetheless. I'm surprised it didn't receive that much attention as GOW or DMC. The company that made Heavenly Sword is making another similar game called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West which uses the infamous Asian Monkey King Mythos as part of its character. Definitely keep a look out for it since it might blow GOW or any Action Adventure/RPG out of the water. I don't wanna hype it but the screenshots & some of the trailers are just amazing.

milereb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 milereb
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I had silently been hoping for a sequel, but with Heavenly Sword selling so bad.. :( Enslaved looked quite alike in artstyle so I'm hoping it will be just as awesome. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
They confirmed a couple of years ago that they won't be making a sequel and like others said they are going muti or they did I don't know.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

I can't imagine a sequel but maybe a prequel but it was a great game nonetheless. I'm surprised it didn't receive that much attention as GOW or DMC. The company that made Heavenly Sword is making another similar game called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West which uses the infamous Asian Monkey King Mythos as part of its character. Definitely keep a look out for it since it might blow GOW or any Action Adventure/RPG out of the water. I don't wanna hype it but the screenshots & some of the trailers are just amazing.

envybianchi
Blow God of War out of the water? I am 100% sure it won't...haha Personally, I really hate how the main protagonist looks. Poor character design choice.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

it was a good game. i wish it had a second game. but the ending was perfect

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Heavenly Sword did not sell enough. It only sold 1.5 Million and that was from 2006-2010. That's wy Ninja Theory is now a Multiplat company and Enslaved isn't an Exclusive to us period.

I under stand how you feel, they could've put on a trophy patch an DLC and things would've been going well. Instead they just called it a day

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Sony should hand Heavenly Sword over to Santa Monica.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Young_Charter

Scianix-Black
They should,It's kind of a good idea Santa Monica said they had no idea what to do after GOW III lol
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
1.5 million sold isn't bad. That's actually pretty good. I had a smaller number in mind, but if 1.5 million is the magic number, it's enough to warrant a successor like Enslaved.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

I bought it 2nd hand,but in A1 condition for about £8.50-bowt $11.00 from ebay,and Yep-Great game,and i was surprised when it was said that there would never be a 2nd version.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

The 1st one is boring...well I dont like no brainer button smash game, so maybe it's just me who doesnt like it.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Scianix-Black
Great Idea.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Young_Charter

The 1st one is boring...well I dont like no brainer button smash game, so maybe it's just me who doesnt like it.

oajlu
Kind of was 100% button mashing...Then they wanted you to do strategy that seemed impossible to do with that weird guy with 20 blades or what ever..
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Heavenly Sword did not sell enough. It only sold 1.5 Million and that was from 2006-2010. That's wy Ninja Theory is now a Multiplat company and Enslaved isn't an Exclusive to us period.

I under stand how you feel, they could've put on a trophy patch an DLC and things would've been going well. Instead they just called it a day

Young_Charter
And during that time the PS3's user base was not high at all. It was lacking..makes you wonder if a part two would sell well now with the current user base. I don't blame Ninja Theory going multiplat, especially with the other console selling games 2:1 over the PS3.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

[QUOTE="oajlu"]

Young_Charter

Kind of was 100% button mashing...Then they wanted you to do strategy that seemed impossible to do with that weird guy with 20 blades or what ever..

I dont call it strategy, boss fighting are just annoying andnot rewarding. like GOW3's puzzle, they make non sense puzzle which hardly relate to story and difficult boss fighting to make ppl feel gameplay is a little longer. That's why I dont like those button smash games, they are usually very short and having somenon sensepuzzles. Gameplay itself is also poor. Well at least GOW3 has decent action feeling. Heavenly sword is doing poorly. who's going to remember those combo command for a 6 hours game? It shouldnt make complicate combo command since it doesnt have replay value and very short. It should make command more simple like GOW3, so ppl might enjoy action more.

Anyway, I doubt heavenly sword will have a sequel on PS3. It's not selling well and its reputation is soso. Plus itdoesnt have greatest hit version in America.

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
[QUOTE="GrandJury"][QUOTE="x-l2eLeNtLeSs-"]

No. The first one end perfectly. Just wait for enslaved, it is suppose to be like the spiritual successor to Heavenly sword.

Yeah I'm waiting for Enslaved too.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I really liked HS. I thought the Batman AA style combat was pretty good. The story was great, and the voice acting and pacing was perfect. I even enjoyed the arrow/cannon missions. Santa Monica could do something very cool with this IP.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Heavenly Sword did not sell enough. It only sold 1.5 Million and that was from 2006-2010.

Young_Charter

How could it have sold any more copies in the US if it still costs the same as the day it was released?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Does Sony own the ip? Because if they do, I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

hs was a fun and beautiful game. STILL the best use of the sixaxis that ive encountered (havent gotten to heavy rain yet) and i still use it as a game to show off my ps3 and its abilities. there was talk of making a prequel at one point, about the ancient warrior they reference throughout the story. but we now know that thats not going to happen. i like the concept/idea behind enslaved, but the character design looks terrible. and if its no longer an exclusive, i doubt the sixaxis will be implemented much...if at all.

it would be nice to see another dev like santa monica pick it up. or even naughty dog or ubisoft could do it justice.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
Does Sony own the ip?Sepewrath
Yes.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Sony owns the IP so we may well see it at some point this gen. I reckon Sony should hand it to SCEJ to make the sequel if they do decide to do one, at least then there will be drastic differences so people will stop calling it Goddess of War. I reckon SCEJ could easily make the combat rival Bayonetta.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Scianix-Black

I reckon SCEJ could easily make the combat rival Bayonetta.Swift_Boss_A

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Swift_Boss_A

^^ I knew you would get a good chuckle at that :P Well at least Nariko is better looking:D

Vravage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 Vravage
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

Scianix-Black

O RLY? The only thing Sancta Monica would add/change to the game was to bring in ten million billion annoying, frustrating puzzles.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Vravage

O RLY? The only thing Sancta Monica would add/change to the game was to bring in ten million billion annoying, frustrating puzzles.

Oh, I wouldn't know, I didn't play God of War III. Just a thought since SM seems to know hack and slash better than anyone else under Sony's first party developer belt.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Scianix-Black
The awesomeness is abundant in this post.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Vravage

You're the first person I've ever heard to have any trouble with puzzles in God of War. If by annoying and frustrating, you mean "I actually had to stop and think for a bit", then it's like for everyone. If you actually couldn't figure them out on your own, then I'm sorry but you're just bad at game puzzles.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Vravage"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

abdelmessih101

You're the first person I've ever heard to have any trouble with puzzles in God of War. If by annoying and frustrating, you mean "I actually had to stop and think for a bit", then it's like for everyone. If you actually couldn't figure them out on your own, then I'm sorry but you're just bad at game puzzles.

Yeah, besides... I doubt GoW3's puzzles are very hard, I mean... it's God of War - it isn't supposed to require too much thought. It's easy and accessible, like MW2.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="Vravage"]

Scianix-Black

Yeah, besides... I doubt GoW3's puzzles are very hard, I mean... it's God of War - it isn't supposed to require too much thought. It's easy and accessible, like MW2.

Yeah I always found GOW3 to be the middle ground in hack n slash games, appealing to casual and hardcore alike whereas games like NG and DMC are more catered towards the hardcore.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18838 Posts
I had silently been hoping for a sequel, but with Heavenly Sword selling so bad.. :( Enslaved looked quite alike in artstyle so I'm hoping it will be just as awesome. :)milereb
1.5 Million sold is bad for a still early PS3 release with a install base not even close of what it is today? If Sony was smart, having Heavnly Sword 2 announced after God Of War 3 would of done wonders. That 1.5 million would atleast double
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

i wish they did already!

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Hmm never heard of this Enslaved....but just wanted to comment on something someone said earlier that has me baffled. IDK why Heavenly Sword is still like 60 bux at a lot of stores, I'm not denying the quality of the game just its age lol. I mean Gamestop has it in its lil sale thats goin on right now but geez shouldnt this be like 30 bux elsewhere?

I wouldnt mind a Heavenly Sword 2 though, maybe like a prequel although I guess you'd have to give Nariko different weapons? lol k im done.